Thunderweaver Trickster Set [ST]

Hiya! So I decided to create an ST set revolving around a unique concept. The basic idea is that with this set, if you manage to have high hp/avoid taking damage, you are rewarded with high DPS, but if you cannot sustain high HP, then your stats and DPS will be weakened.

Here’s the ST set!

Now a quick review of all the items:

Thunderborn Shiv

This dagger has extremely high projectile speed, making it slightly easier to hit fast-moving enemies, but this is not a good dagger for leading shots. It also has the special that when taking more than a certain amount of damage, the player is inflicted with -20 dex and a -2 tile range for 3.5 seconds, this makes dodging extremely important, otherwise this dagger can be considered much worse than the other high DPS daggers.

Lightning Stone

This unique prism acts similar to the Prism of Dire Instability, in that the decoy has a special effect when it expires. In this case, the prism does a mediocre amount of damage, but it paralyzes all enemies in an radius, the decoy lasts an extremely short amount of time, so the decoys can be sent in for quick paralyzes. Overall, this prism isn’t anything especially powerful, but it does compliment the set nicely.

Ceremonial Attire

(I Couldn’t actually come up with a good design for the armor, so it kinda looks like a robe…)
This armor has decent (if not mediocre) stats, giving a relatively low amount of defense in exchange for some HP, speed, and dexterity, but the core usefulness of this armor comes from the special bonus; when the player is above 90% HP, they have a passive +10 boost to dexterity, this is ALWAYS active as long as the player is above 90% HP, so it greatly rewards dodging and health management skills.

Skull Pendant

A Basic ST ring, its stats are nothing special to warrant using it on its own, it compliments the set’s theming by giving dexterity and speed.

Feedback and balance changes

I Appreciate it if you took the time to read through the ideas, and all feedback is helpful! Depending on how y’all feel about the set, I will be changing around the stats a fair bit, and all balance changes/tweaks will be marked at the bottom of the document. Thanks for reading!

I like the idea of the whole set together but I think the prism is too strong for it’s mana cost. Coral Venom Trap costs 100 mp for 350 damage and 3 seconds of paralyze so this is already stronger. The prism also paralyzes longer than quivers. It also has the potential of doing more damage than t5 poison and still cost 5 less mana. I’d probably lower the maximum damage it could do and lower the paralyze time. I’d probably increase the mana cost to 105 as well. ST sets should be niche but not completely make other classes absolete. I also think the armor is strong as is without the “Above 90%” bonus. It already gives a decent amount of dex and speed on top of hp.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.