Tier 7 and 8 Ability Items: now with names and junk!

Yes, I do agree with you on this, the star sprites just look like they have too much going on, compared to other sprites.

(Found out that the Kageboshi sprite image on the wiki is from imgur, thought that was somewhat interesting.)

All of these stars basically have just one color with different shades of the same. Wind Circle has only shades of green, Ice Star has only shades of blue and a tiny bit of white, etc. The sprites that change the most are probably Doom Circle, with its somewhat drastic change from black to dark red, and Kageboshi, going from very dark purple to almost white purple.
tl;dr the stars look too different from the in-game examples, and I propose the colors mimic the style of actual stars.

Hey you’re right, half of them look nothing like the actual spells.

This should be “…have…”.

Something about this doesn’t jive - perhaps change it to “…which smite…”, to be more grammatically correct.

Remember the period at the end, lol.

This should be “A…”

You went from present tense to past tense in one sentence, I suggest replacing “…that is granted…” with “…that was granted…”.

The “Necrofish” are an entity - not an object. Replace “…which…” with “…who…”.

Again, remember the period at end of description.

Perhaps you meant to capitalise “Papacy”?

Once again, perhaps you want to capitalise the mob name; and remember the period.

Couple things, once again you went from past to present tense in one sentence"…engineered…" & “…that threaten…”, pick one or the other (i.e. “…who threatened…”). Also I don’t think “…enormously…” is the correct adjective for this, try extraordinarily, or extremely for instance. Finally, possible capitalisation of “Blastsmith Dwarves”?

**replace with “…who uprose against…”; same thing with present/past tense conflictions. - source

Last one, remember the period!

For the love of incorrectly overused words, please change it to “used”.

Phew! That was a lot. Now I know everyone hates a grammar Nazi, but honestly if this is going to get implemented, correct English and proper punctuation makes it seem that much more professionally done.

Hope you didn’t mind, @Dappertron

All your designs are sexy, and the Seal of Invocation reminds me of the bombos medallion from link to the past.

The T8 scepter looks very similar to the T0 one… meh maybe just me.

I was like “I think I’m decent at naming items and coming up with flavour text and such so let’s take a look”.
After looking through "wow, these are really good, who did these?"
Scrolls up to name “Oh. Dapper… that explains a lot”

Thank you very much for the grammatical feedback! Some of this really should’ve been caught way earlier, especially like the incorrect “an.” A hundred more pairs of eyes usually helps!

That said, I didn’t fix everything, because I think some of them were fine:

A crimson seal that is granted phenomenal power through the spilled blood of martyrs who fought for the welfare of all mankind.

This could be debatable, but a present tense case of “granted” suggests that the seal is still being given its power, while a past tense implies that it was only at one point in time or only during a period of time that is now over. “Spilled blood of martyrs” would certainly need to stay in the past tense as well.

Highly noxious poisons of the oceanic Necrofish, which could befoul entire swaths of the seas.

The Necrofish isn’t the subject, but instead its “highly noxious poisons”.

The long revered skull of the papacy,

This is correct, as papacy is a common noun. It would be capitalized if it described any particular region or era, like “Byzantine Papacy.”

An enormously dangerous trap engineered by blastsmith dwarves to annihilate the Magma Dragons that threaten their underkingdoms.

The particular trap that you’re holding at the moment has already been constructed, so the past tense makes perfect sense; it’s not in the middle of being built. Using the past tense in the second half of the sentence would imply that the threat of “Magma Dragons” has passed, which is not what I want to say. Lastly, “enormously” means “To a very great degree or extent; considerably,” which works just fine in this context.

… utilized in the formation of the mortal realms by cleaving the infinite aether into a tremendous starstorm.

Utilize: To make practical and effective use of; to put to use.
Seems like that and “used” are both fine to use.

So, yes. If I ever use past and present tenses in an inconsistent way, it’s either to minimize ambiguity and have a more particular case of events, or I… screwed up, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Idk if intended, but I’m pretty sure the Trap Tiers are switched. T8 is the Blue one, T7 is the Pink one.
And then 1 min after, I click the T7/8 Abilities link and see it. I also realise you totally know it already.

Hey no problem.

In fact everything that you counter-pointed out to me makes perfect sense!
So…thank you too, lol.

The rewording on the Necrofish poison is wonderful.

P.S. I didn’t know that papacy was even a word, so I assumed it was an entity :joy: (engineers can’t engrish).

@Retero ro got all the things i noticed about similar sprites. I think that the t8 skull is cool with the crown on it. Looks like we’ll have a zseal and a zspell too, tomes look nice, t7 helm could use more decoration, even t5 and t6 have plumes. shields look sick. scepters could use different coloration, the stars also look sick. Awesome job overall

All of these items already had descriptions, names, and stats, except for the circles. Also, you changed the Spell sprites to make them taller? Why?

Excluding the circles, these are only half-unique, and there’s not the most thought put into them. You mainly just put a different name and different descriptions to them. The stars are nice, but they’re the only thing I like here.
(also oops necrobump lol)

Wtf none of these names make sense.

Since when did RoTMG names make sense lul

There’s at least consistency.

This is why you don’t make names and descriptions or sprites for items before you make a dungeon concept. You end up with names that have nothing to do with ROTMG.

I do believe tiered items don’t belong to any single dungeon, and do not follow a specific theme because they are in any dungeon.

That is true, but do your really think any of these names will ever be in the game?

considering LHs didn’t, probably not :cry:

I don’t think that any of these had anything other than sprites. Certainly not descriptions, names, or stats.
The sprites exist somewhere in the game files, so I reused those instead of making original ones. Given the reception to them and how many people thought I made these (excepting the stars, which are original), maybe that wasn’t the best choice.

The names and descriptions are the gist of the topic, though. It was mostly an excuse to write the kind of overwhelming flavor text that came with many of the top-tier items.

@CaesarVIII
If you go through many of the item descriptions, you’ll find ornate figures and monsters that are never referenced elsewhere in Realm, like the Earthrazer Generals or the Ethereal Baneserpent. I like that, since it makes the eponymous “Realm of the Mad God” seem like a smaller part of a bigger setting.

Well, if not, then there’s certainly a norm for them that’s used in Private Servers that are widespread.

As for the actual idea of them, I don’t think that Tier 8 is at all necessary, just Tier 7. There’s no Tier 14 Weapons or Tier 15 Armors yet, and certainly no Tier 7 rings.

Odds are that they come from that one five-year-old topic, at least regarding the names. I’d like to know where the descriptions all come from if anyone happens to know.