Tiered Ninja Armour

Ninja’s current leather armour is terrible. As Ninja needs to be closer to the target than dagger and bow classes, I figured: rather than try to make them more ranged, how about giving them their own armour type?

As Deca is strongly opposed to buffing NInja’s speed straight-up, I decided to give the armours some +spd in a similar manner to leather’s +dex.

The second problem to solve is the more obvious one: defensiveness. Ninja garb being more defensive than leather armour is necessary for a gameplay standpoint, but rather than do a set between leather and heavy (which was my first thought), I decided to have even less defence than similar-tier leather armour and instead add defensiveness through +health.
This would make them more effective at eating armour-pierce shots than tanks while not making them as strong against regular shots.

I have zero artistic skill so no sprites, not even placeholders. Numbers have been napkin-math’d but not rigorously tested. Names are made up on the spot.

In terms of balancing health, my goal for the higher tiers was that you’d be able to tank 1 and a bit additional shots from gods at base stats compared to leather armours. This gives a little bit extra of extra staying power, but you’re more at risk of being poked out by flying brains and ents compared to a true melee class.

Speed is balanced for giving the ninja an actual speed stat at fresh 20. With top gear, on average you will start with 39 instead of the current 29. A maxed ninja will have 60+10 speed.

####Tier 1 - Cotton Garb
Defence +3
Health +10
####Tier 2 - Wooly Garb
Defence +4
Health +15
####Tier 3 - Light Garb
Defence +5
Health +15
Speed +2
####Tier 4 - Reinforced Garb
Defence +6
Health +20
Speed +2
####Tier 5 - Stealth Garb
Defence +8
Health +20
Speed +3
####Tier 6 - Night Garb
Defence +9
Health +30
Speed +3
####Tier 7 - Spy’s Garb
Defence +10
Health +40
Speed +4
####Tier 8 - Shinobi’s Garb
Defence +11
Health +50
Speed +4
####Tier 9 - Master’s Garb
Defence +12
Health +60
Speed +5
####Tier 10 - Whisper Garb
Defence +13
Health +70
Speed +6
####Tier 11 - Garb of Silence
Defence +14
Health +80
Speed +7
####Tier 12 - Garb of Winds
Defence +14
Health +95
Speed +9
####Tier 13 - Garb of Neverbeing
Defence +15
Health +110
Speed +10

So you wish to add a whole new armor type just for one class? Your efforts are good and the items are balanced well, but seriously, if they want the Ninja to get in deeper, it would be easier to buff his stats rather than make an entire set of items for him(*Cough Cough Katana *Cough Cough).

If they made a samurai class, this would be plausible, but Samurai’s use Heavy Armor, so that’s not an option either.

Ninja should be just the way it is right now, a glass cannon, heavy attack at the cost of lower defence. His star is no laughing matter either.

So, I know what you’re aiming for, but don’t capitalise on a class’ weak point, that’s the reason why items for Priest don’t increase DPS, rather, they increase the guy’s healing ability or co-op skills. It may seem like a good idea, But the community here is really weird, so just go with the flow.

TL;DR You shouldn’t make items that work on the class’ weak point.

That is some OVER POWERED SHIT

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.