Tohru Skin (sorcerer)

First time posting, so here’s a skin I made after server reset. Skin is based on the character Tohru from the anime Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid. Any tips or feedback would be appreciated.

Name that I’ve settled on for now: “Tailed Caretaker Sorcerer”

Bio: Haven’t thought of one yet.

I like it. Watched the anime awhile back and thought it was really good. Unfortunate that a season 2 won’t happen. However, I think the tail looks a bit odd but you really don’t have much room to work with in an 8x8 sprite.

Could be cause i havent slept for the past 2 days but her skin looks way too pink. doesn’t take much to find a picture of her and use a color hex on her skin.

Thanks, I’ll try using that.

Updated it, the color of the skin was definitely off by a few notches.

that looks miles better, but where is the side view for her? Just personal opinion but I have the most fun while making the side views.

It’s my first time doing something like this so I’m unsure of what that is, however I did notice that I mixed a pixel on the arm on the top left sprite so I updated that.

My only problem with this skin is that the side sprites look far too similar to the front sprites.

What you made looks more like she just moved to the Side slightly, as opposed to actually rotating.

Now, I’m not good at spriting, so I can’t really tell you how to fix that issue. But once you do it will look way better

I’m not to sure on how to fix that either, I tried to show how the sprite was walking to either the left or the right by showing the tail of the character and shortening the distance from the hair to the face on one side (in this case, the right side) and as for walking straight ahead, I chose to not add the tail at all, make the arms move, and have the hair sway. I’m sorry but the only similarity I see between the side sprite and the front sprites are the textures and potentially the outfit (like the red dot on the uniform which is supposed to be a tie).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.