UT Porcelain Chess Piece Set! (Knight)

To start this off, this UT set is based off a stiff six inch tall porcelain knight chess piece that I’ve had (No, not the horse) for a while, it gave me an inspiration to create this set of armor for the knight. The reason being “Why not Metal” is because I noticed that most people were choosing all the metals and irons and that if I did choose, the set might as well be considered unoriginal to most people out there. So I decided to try something new so I went with ceramics instead.

So here is the full set I was thinking about :slight_smile: I hope you guys enjoy this ceramic item set.
##Porcelain Gauntlet

A porcelain gauntlet belonging to a knights set of armor. It is very uncomfortable to wield a sword with since it is heavier than most gauntlets and a bit stiff. Not good for playing chess with.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Stat Bonus: +6 DEF, +90 HP, -3 DEX
  • Fame Bonus: 3%
  • Feed Power: 250

####Drops From:

• The Chess Master

####Other Notes:

• The Porcelain Gauntlet is similar to the Experimental Ring. But what makes this Gauntlet different is that the it offers More HP and DEF while sacrificing 2 DEX and gaining no MP at all.
  • To clear up confusion, this is supposed to be in the Ring Slot.
    ##Fresh Porcelain Sculpture

####*Note: The Projectile is being shown Diagonally.

A smooth and refined sculpt of a sword made with white porcelain, made with delicate craftsmanship, it has always been hot from the furnace.

###Stats:

• Stat Bonus: -2 DEX, +2 ATK
  • Shots: 1
  • Range: 3.4
  • Feed Power: 250
  • Damage: 165-300
  • Rate of Fire: 70%
  • Shots Pass Through Enemies
    ###Drops From:
  • The Chess Master

###Other Notes:

• In the description of the item, the reason being for why it is so hot is that porcelain in real life, porcelain is made by heating materials, generally including kaolin, in a klin between 1,200 and 1,400 Celsius (2,200 F to 2,600 F).
  • The blades ability for its shots to pass enemies is based off of the Knights ability to jump over other pieces in chess.
    ##Heavy Porcelain Plate Armor

A set of heavy robust plates of smooth porcelain held together by strong leather straps. Made from actual enchanted plates fit for gods.
    ###Stats:
  • Stat Bonuses: +24 DEF, +2 ATK, -3 SPD
  • Feed Power: 270
    ###Drops From:
  • The Chess Master
    ###Other Notes:
  • To prevent confusion with the sprite, the lower part of the armor are considered a cuisse : Plate that covers the thighs.
    ##Wall Of Great Collision

A shield made out of three layers, white porcelain and black steel in the middle to hold up the structure. It feels like knocking over a monster as if it were a mere chess piece.
###Stats:
Tier: UT
MP Cost: 90
Damage: 245-320
Stat Bonuses:+10 DEF, +50 HP, +2 ATK, -2 SPD
Fame Bonus: 3%
###Drops From:

• The Chess Master
    ###Other Notes:
  • Since this is all over, “Check Mate” :smiley:

Porcelain Knight Set: Gauntlet (UT Ring)

I think you should tweak this a bit. Instead of telling about what it is, try to come up with a story for the item.

I also think you should tweak the sword the sword sprite a bit, a little bit bland being all white.

Is this going to be a new dungeon? I’m not sure if that is an existing dungeon, please correct me if I’m wrong.

I don’t know, it might be okay. The finger part of the gauntlet is strange, maybe work on that (and give it 5 fingers instead of 4?)

Another Indomptable.[quote=“AstroTR, post:1, topic:10287”]
Heavy Porcelain Plate Armor
[/quote]

Another candy coated armor?

I don’t know.

@Endertimes
Sorry about the gauntlets, its kind of my first time making sprites and the gauntlet would look weird if it I made it had four.
It doesn’t deal as much damage as the imdomptable, it gives you less DEX as well as the gauntlet.
Offers lesser defense (+23 DEF) than candy coated armor and gives you less speed.
I don’t know too mate, its between the Mithril and Colossal, just gives you 10 DEF and 2 ATK, -1 SPD.

With the whole set put together it gives you 39 DEF, 110 HP, 5 ATK, -5 SPD, -3 DEX, and no MP at all.

I’m a very bad writer :frowning:. All I can say is that this chess peice set is made from one of Oryx’s porcelain plates from his castle. And for the chess master, it will not have a dungeon, more like an area in the realm. (similar to cyclops god)

Okay, now I updated the set to be more balanced. With cons.

Ar.or is like robe change it . Also add some special properties to set like overall ho boost which I see but less not only this the sword will be useful only in O2 I think . Meeles do not need piercing . Thier dps is high that can dish out walls in few seconds . So rebalance on it pls

What? I can’t read it with grammar mistakes bro. By the way the sword does not have armor piercing but its shots can pass through multiple enemies. Can be good for certain situations such as choke points or tight areas. And the Armor is not a Robe, its like a T11 Armor.

You could have the Chess Master be a once per realm event boss.

Sure. I agree mate! How do you think of the set by the way?

It’s pretty good, but you could change it so that there are not so many debuffs. You end up with -7 spd and -6 dex.

Actually nvm the set’s pretty balanced.

I put in some debuffs to insure that the set itself wasn’t overpowered and that the sword wasn’t another imdomptable. I’m trying to do a 16x16 sprite for the set. The reason for the Debuffs is that there is a stiff gauntlet, heavy armor, a hot sword, and a heavy shield. The backstory behind this set is that the whole thing is made out of porcelain plates from oryx’s castle.

Seems legit dude good job.

Thanks! Make sure to like the set for me mate :slight_smile:

Chess Piece Set

Wheres the king, rook, Pawn, Queen, etc?

Ring seems a bit underwhelming, on a knight I don’t usually consider def rings cause knight doesn’t need more def. Also, decreasing dps is not good for the lowest damaging melee class. Maybe more hp or an attack buff, to go with the rest of the items having atk? I get that it’s supposed to be heavy and stiff though, so it’s not a big deal. Of course, other classes can use this ring for probably greater benefit than the knight.

I like the sword, much better than indomptable, dps seems about right, maybe a bit of a buff is needed. Right now, indomptable will outdamage it at about 20 def which seems a bit low.

Armor is also underwhelming, I would rather use something like fire dragon armor as again, knight does not need more def. This armor would probably be good for pally however.

The shield is the one piece that I really have a problem with. The low mp cost (same as t0 wooden shield what the heck) makes perma-stun way too easy, and the stat bonuses are pretty good too. Some other balancing mechanic needs to be added if you want to keep the mp cost the same such as less shots like the scutum or lower stunning time, otherwise the mp cost needs to be raised to probably 100 mp like the other shields.

Overall I like the sprites, sword maybe should be a bit less bland but other than that they all seem pretty cool, especially if all of them are worn together. One minor issue is the feed power/fame bonus - it seems a little low for a ut set.
Also, generally with ut sets there is no 16x16 skin. The 16x16 skins are only for st sets, and usually they give set bonuses as well (other than the mad god set). I don’t think this set needs to be st, keeping it ut is fine unless you want to add some set bonuses.

Overall good job! Looking forward to the Chess Master!

Okay mate, I’ll fix em. :slight_smile:. The reason for low feed power is who in the world is going to eat porcelain? And I’ll edit the stats and the Sword Sprite :slight_smile:. The difference between all the swords is that it is SUPPOSED to be bland, like a white statue, the only thing that makes it special is that it has the ability to have shots pass through enemies, I based it off the knights ability in chess to jump over pieces.

I would add them as enemies to go with The Chess Master :slight_smile:

Make him Garry Kasparov. Or for that matter anyone except Vishy Annand. Cancerous Karo can player