[UT Skull] Medusa's Visage

Medusa’s Visage

The horrid head of the Gorgon herself. It retains a terrifying amount of her magic, even after her death.

Tier: UT

On Equip: +45 HP, +3 ATK, +3 DEX

Stasis and apply a poison effect to enemies in a cone

• MP Cost: 120

• Stasis duration: 3.5 secs

• Total Damage: 250 + WIS * 10

• Poison duration: 4 - WIS/50 secs

• Cone Angle: 35 degrees

• Cone Length: 3 + WIS/25 tiles

Fame Bonus: 6%

Feed Power: 1000

Drops From:

WIP

Notes:

This item provides a different method of DPS and utility for necros and honestly I made the sprite in like 5 mins so be warned

I just wanted a medusa skull for the first time in like ten years despite the medusa and necro being here the whole time

it looks pretty good sprite wise, i would just add a few “snakes” near the side and bottom to add that more full feel. I feel like it will be too powerful if you give the wismod to both the damage and the damage/duration. I would pick 1 to go with, either a utility skull with a good stasis, or a damage skull with a stasis for flavor, as this skull would have the same stasis as t6 orb at 80 wis+the damage (albeit harder to aim)

Good point, I’ll focus more on damage then thanks

I removed wismod on stasis and made poison duration scale inversely with wis and slightly buffed poison base damage

Can one be poisoned while in stasis? The question of the century! I don’t think it’s possible, though. I’m not a huge fan of giving stasis equipment to Necros, and I’m betting I hope, at least, that the entire status effect will later be changed entirely. Perhaps the stasis portion of the skull could be switched to petrify, or something else entirely since Unity does open up a lot of new doors in how items function.

I considered petrify since it’s THE medusa thing, but the problem is that it would be waaaay too powerful with paralyze AND stun built into a piercing, ranged cone for 120 mp

Stasis seems fine to me and still decently thematic

Instead of poisoning, I was about to wonder if damaging would work before stasising, but I have a different suggestion.

Considering that that item would be dropping from Stheno, I think you could simultaneously nerf the item, keep the theme of the item, and stay partially true to the necro by stasising enemies and healing. It didn’t trivialize any code to boot.

Anyone have complaints with that?

Actually, seeing how the drop location is marked as WIP, I think he has a separate maybe-snake-themed dungeon on the side. An epic Snake Pit would be quite in order…

Unfortunately, I don’t think DECA wants more of those kinds of dungeons. So I’ve read in part discussions. Not an impossibility, but very unlikely.

The item being intended for endgame is the only thing I can assume from 1,000 FP and a 6% Fame Bonus. I’m not entirely sure on what Deplington’s planning on (they may just leave the drop location as undecided for eternity), but I don’t believe that DECA’s plans will nor should affect the ideas that our dungeon creators come up with. 99.99% of what our artists/designers come up with don’t make it to the game itself anyways, so I don’t see why an epic Snake Pit (or any snake-themed dungeon) has to be completely out of the picture.

True, true. I needn’t be skeptical. I’ve heard that I can suck the fun out of things with too much realism. Forgive my impertinence.

The damage from a poison and stasis could stack, the damage just wouldn’t start ticking until after the stasis wears off, so you would have to compensate with a little longer poison

iirc poison can damage while stasis is active if you poison the enemy before they’re stasised

Interesting! I knew that was the case for Invulnerability, but didn’t think it would apply for Stasis as well. The only way to implement Stasis and any form of damage (in this case, poison) together would be to ensure that the Stasis has a very short delay. If both are applied at the same time, I’m not sure how the game would handle it, but there’s a chance that the poison won’t register at all.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.