UT Trap Idea

no.

So what did that comment mean then?

i like ones that i like, not ones that everyone else likes. Its pretty simple.

*Ahem…

Besides the point can you stop derailing threads? This is like the 4th thread youve sent off topic with your arguments

*5th

And i apologize for disturbing anyone in the forums.

you derail topics more than i do…

/off-topic

Concept is great, and the sprite isn’t to shabby.
I love the idea of of having a white that drops from Gship, since it’s the only event that doesn’t have a white that drops from it.
But here’s the problem: It doesn’t look like something that would drop from a gship, it looks more like an abyss drop.
Just my thoughts.

Lol so would this look like a Gship drop?

Ya that makes a huge difference.

yay :slight_smile:

Is it just me or has everybody been seeing bleeding on self used to balance items a lot.

(even when it’s not required)

I have NEVER said that you derail topics more often than i do.

ᴬᶫᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᶦᵍʰᵗ

wtf. i never said you did.

no you do

now stop responding, but if you want to continue this, continue it on another thread to not de-rail this one more

/off-topic

it’s not just bleeding on self as an attempt to balance an item. the most common item ideas fall into one of 3 categories:

1. op for the sake of being op
  2. pile up a bunch of special effects in some desperate attempt to be “unique”
  3. op, but with some kind of barely thought-out nerf to make it “balanced”

this falls into both #2 and #3, very very few item ideas posted on the forums don’t fall into one of these 3 categories. the ones that don’t are usually the “good ideas”. designing UT items is actually a lot harder than it looks, and attempting it generally makes you realize that you’re not as creative as you think you are. I’d still like to see people keep trying, you’ll never see someone hit that sweet 2% zone where it’s good if no one ever tries.

as for this trap, it’s ctrap that does a little more damage and makes you bleed in return. no one actually uses the traps to inflict damage in the first place, so this I would say this is actually useless.

@Rammernaut could you stop fangirling at me that hard? It’s starting to get riduculous.

New shuriken idea! [Star of the Shatters]
Creating a Good Item Idea

which ones? i could not find any non-re-sprite items that you liked?

This is extremely well said I bookmarked it! But yea making item ideas are hard

same. I’ll use it when i want to explain to them why their idea is bad.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.