What do you guys think about balancing pets with % hp and mp regen?

It’s 2:03 AM right now and about to go to sleep, but I’m getting solid numbers down.

So yeah, the title. Balance the pets around % max Hp and MP, as well as vit and wis (vit is bonus above 40, wis is bonus above 50).

And as a side note, my boi necro being more useless than a priest yet still having 30 vit. Give him some love DECA D:

The idea is, that:

A. yes, divine pets will be OP still dw.

B. Overall, if you take the WORST STATS from each class (knight has 252 max MP, 50 wis. Wizard has I think 575 hp, 40 vit), divine pets are nerfed to the point of like a lvl 75.

C. If you take the BEST stats from each class (Knight has 770 hp 75 vit, priest has 385 MP 75 iws), divine pets are a little bit worse, I’d say about a level 94 divine pet.

Btw, lvl 75 is 200 vit, 94 is 500 vit, 100 is 750 vit (and wis respectively as well). So think about how significant those nerfs are. Especially for an unmaxed character.

However, if you hit 8/8, this is where it gets juicy.

Say a knight goes the full HP pog build (breastplate, deca, optional for ogmur but I’d stick with colo for stunning). According to some of my formulas, it could potentially get 130-140 hp/sec through the % max hp + vit modifiers.

The main idea behind this rework is to

A. Slightly rework the way pets are played, they’re way too OP mainly because CLASSES WHICH AREN’T SUPPOSED TO SPAM BASED ON LOW WIS AND LOW MP ARE ABLE TO SPAM.

B. make MP, vit, (looking at incorporating defense in here) and wis useful stats to accumulate. Since resu + gemstone with a divine stuns just as well as the full hp pog set.

C. Yeah, it sounds fucking terrifying. You can live with a few hundred less vit, but over 60% of your MP regen gone from pets? Well, surprise, with the proper set your MP regen can be EVEN higher than before, due to max MP regen mechanics. Moreover, you can also go far above the healing limit. It’s to far surpass the current use of pets but not make them jack of all trades. A knight can still stun above and beyond with the right set (I really wanted DECA to implement anything is stunnable HOWEVER shield stuns are reduced by 2 seconds) , or he can give up on stunning and be truly a big boi tank. But having both is a big no no.

I’ll try and get a big spreadsheet out by tommorow. Although I can’t guarantee I’ll wake up early.

BTW, If anyone can provide me with an accurate exponential curve for https://guidescroll.com/2014/05/rotmg-pet-heal-and-mheal-data/ I would appreciate it a lot.

Please don’t move this into ideas @mods, I want people’s opinions on it. If your only opinion is that you want numbers, great I’ll try and get it out to you guys by tommorow (2:21 AM)

I think you were up a lil too early because I can’t even begin to decipher what you are on about beyond the surface. Yes pets need to be nerfed slightly but that’s what the in-combat and out of combat will be for.

Why can’t you get peoples opinions on it if its in ideas? Its exactly what that part of the forum is for.

But from what I’m seeing, this incentivizes HP builds even more. I think IC/OoC is my preferred pick for now.

Close, but that’s the average HP you get upon reaching level 20! A wizzy’s a bit tankier than that, at 670 base max HP.

Still, kudos for thinking of this. It’s a little complicated given how you want to base it on both the stat and its respective regeneration-speed stat, but intriguing nonetheless.

And speaking of IC/OoC…

I have moved it to #ideas:other because it’s a suggestion for a change to pets, and asking for opinions. Yep that is what the Ideas section is designed for, to imagine “how the game could be”.

Heal:

Heal
MHeal

(Here are the images from the link Korrect posted, for a nice visual)

IMO the underlying problem with pets is that HPheal/MPheal merely ape what VIT and WIS are supposed to provide us with (replenishment). These stats which until then were balanced per class (and had a direct connection with ability use) then got thrown out of whack, because pets give us hundreds in a stat that is ‘supposed’ to be way lower.

To OP’s idea, it doesn’t really change anything underlying there, but, if I’m understanding it, puts more value on wearing good items and being maxed in stats, to let you access the highest possible heals from your pet. Wearing sub-premium items or being unmanxed costs you some pet power.

But wouldn’t this just make the best pet players more powerful? And give you an extra punishment for dying and losing those rare items (now your pet can’t operate at full power). I don’t know if I like the sound of that. Also it seems like it adds a level of complexity on, without giving too much benefit.

WIth players wanting to get the most from their pet, I think we could fall into a “best set” for each class that deviating from would punish you too much. The HP meta is bad for choice in the game, and I wouldn’t things to become more 1-dimensional with set choices.

Variable pet heals which is at the core of the idea, I mean it’s certainly not a concept to overlook. But I don’t think tying it to other stats would be a satisfying thing. It could be controlled through a 9th stat (‘Charm’ or something, imagine 100CH would make your pet work at 100% of its level), and this could be used so that each class gets differing levels from the same pet. Though I don’t think that would work very well with the existing game and equipment of Rotmg, would’ve had to have been baked in from the start I think and probably bad to add after the fact. It gets extra complicated when considering the other pet abilities too, and would be odd to have some pet abilities affected and others not. A full pet rework I think would make more sense.

I would do a pet nerf more simply: delete the data points of the current level 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 pets, and then rescale the remaining 1 to 95 into 1 to 100, so the only thing everyone notices is “my pet is a bit weaker”. Relatively the best pets would remain the best, so it shouldn’t be a big upheaval to adjust to, shouldn’t affect revenue, etc.

I dont think DECA should nerf pets, because many people put money into pets.

Alright, I’ll be making a new post detailing everything, with what numbers I think are ideal.

BTW, the reason I thought this didn’t belong in ideas is because of the rule requiring detailed stuff I just kinda rambled ;-;

To be fair with this idea, i sort of like the idea that you need mp focused equipment to draw out a pet’s mp heal to its max, however, i’m not really sure i like the same logic with health and vit, as health is already a powerful enough stat as it is. One idea is that you ditch the scaling with HP and MP, and just have pet power scale somehow with vit and wis (and rebalance some items that need rebalancing, or fungal armour becomes OP)

but yea, pets do really need a rebalance as well. As more of a side note, I sort of feel that deca admitted defeat when they realeased the fungal armour with 60 vit, essentially declaring vit to be useless (oh, and also not buffing vit rings while doing so, declaring vit rings to be useless as well.)

sorry for reacting after one month xD

I totally agree with that, pets are ovepowered atm. But what I means is: if you bought something and then you would get something different than you bought, that would be a problem.

You forfeit such rights and mitigations when you agreed to the ToS.

I agree with you. The TOS doesn’t

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.