Don’t get me wrong, I adore the Sanctuary as it is, but the devs did say in their producer’s letter that they’d probably be pushing balance patches a few weeks after release. More improvements to the Sanctuary are always welcome, so I was curious as to how people wanted to see the Sanctuary become even better.
My personal list:
- Obligatory screaming about visibility changes
- That’s already confirmed to be coming soon, so whatever.
- Higher drop rate for runes
- Self-explanatory (pls I want to do a public run at some point). I fully support O2 and Janus potentially dropping all 3 Runes, or at least some of them.
- Buff Treasurer Gemsbok
- I don’t know exactly how, but buff him. He’s considered so much simpler and easier than the other three minibosses that I think he deserves to be on par with the others. Him being just simpler can’t really be changed too much atm, since that’d need at least a minor rework and those don’t just show up too quickly (feel free to prove me wrong ), but there has to be some way to boost his power so he can match up with his colleagues - or at the very least, not be stomped by a stationary murderball of players with a Marble Seal and a ton of decoys.
- Make the Elite Falcons in Beisa’s fight more visible
- Make them glow brighter/for longer, and give them more brightly colored minimap dots. It’s never fun getting instantly killed by something you can barely see, and looking out for the Falcons seems like a bit too big of a part of Beisa’s fight right now.
- Maybe buff Chief Beisa, just a little bit
- Right now many consider him rather easy, but worse is that most find him boring, which is not a good trait for a boss to have. This will likely change once players figure out his movement patterns and ways to DPS him so the fight is shorter, but I still think his fight can be made a little more exciting - then maybe people won’t joke about falling asleep in the fight. I’d suggest increasing projectile speed across the board to force some faster dodges.
- I’m totally not biased because he’s my favorite and everyone seems to hate him
- Re-enable the beam VFX for Divinity and Oryx’s Estucheon
- (they’ve very strongly hinted that the safespot in O3 Celestial phase will be removed soon)
What do you think? How do you think the Sanctuary can be made better?