What is [...]? [removed unofficial server name]

It’s same story with RWT shops. It’s just a fact that Rotmg has always had a section of playerbase who really do have money and are willing to spend it, in ways that other players could not imagine themselves doing. People then think “well I’d never pay, so surely they make no money”. Wrong!

The challenge is for Rotmg devs to make Rotmg be the place that the $$ is spent, instead of letting it be leeched away.

Personally I’d have thought boasting of their income in that way would be a surefire way to poke Deca into action, I mean Discord presumably has T&C that you don’t infringe the law, so a simple: “Dear Discord your server XYZ is breaching our IP; close it or we’ll see you in court, love Deca” would end it. So for Deca not to do that, you gotta think they prefer to be all fuzzy and fwendly to potential customers. But like others say, their own costs of employing a legal staff, admin etc, make it almost certainly an unneeded expense.

And hey, we don’t know whether Deca is making 1000 times that amount… remind me again how much purplenames brought in to Rotmg?? :stuck_out_tongue:

For the record, I just used BetterDiscord, something anyone can get, and all you need for that is to be in the discord. The info HK had was from online users only from what I read, with this, I was able to get all users.

He was talking to an (old?) spriter for them so I assume he got those pictures from the same guy.

(after respoding to this)

Apparently he used something called ‘BetterDiscord’, when searching for how to get the same numbers all I was able to find were Discord FaQ posts that said you needed access to the member list.

Before he provided the pictures, I said I was wrong about it.

Also before I got the numbers, I was using incorrect numbers and I said I was wrong.

After he provided the numbers.

Didn’t know about that and it didn’t show up when I was looking for it, I’ll look at it. Thanks

That is what I was using, usually only see around 250-300~ish online donors and a large majority of them were P1 users, with a couple of P2 and P3’s, only a couple of P4’s, I based my number of P4’s on something a friend of mine had said, he was also obviously wrong about his number.

I think what they are doing is on the right track. The thing about a game like ROTMG is revenue has got to be sustainable. Which is why we have mystery boxes, as they provide a steady stream of income. Along with pet feeding, unlocking vault chests and char slots, there are enough ways to spend money to keep the game going.

It’s notable how different this pserver model seems to be. First it’s one-off payments. The problem with that is what to do once you’ve sold them to all your player base willing to buy them. Also they seem to be giving you in-game benefits, which can only be got through paying. But you then have free-to-play players who have a markedly worse experience in-game, which might eventually drive them to leave.

It does not seem to me they have a good long term business model. Once the payments dry up what do they do? Probably they close down like other pservers before them. It’s hard to compete with ROTMG, with its free-to-play model, its scale. Certainly it’s hard to compete when you are essentially offering the same game with minor tweaks.

why do you keep brushing this aside? it’s much easier to take something that already exists and fuss with it than to build your own thing from scratch. I can make all sorts of content for RotMG using what’s already there as a base but I don’t even know where to start for my own project. “base code” accounts for like 90% of the work, it’s not negligible.

You still made dozens of posts in this thread that basically amounted to “this is how things are because I say so”.

If you’re going to make giant textwalls then you should make sure you can actually back them up.

Is it really that difficult for you to understand that just saying “I know this, I’ve seen that” is not proof for other people? Is this entire thread just you failing really hard at the Sally and Anne test?

Using sarcasm doesn’t really work when you’re utterly fucking wrong.

Keeping Shatters unchanged means they either somehow don’t see all the things wrong with its design or that they simply don’t have the skills to change it.

Keeping only MBC means they’re making the same mistake as UGC of trying to turn RotMG into an arcade-style bullet hell, or, again, that they don’t have the skills to change anything. Or, even better, they simply removed the two sub-dungeons (Cult and Void) and kept only the base LH to save server space.

Just from you saying that, I already don’t have very high hopes for that server’s quality.

This is what’s been bugging me pretty much since the beginning of our conversation: we still can’t discuss the pserv in detail on here or the whole thread would get shitcanned.

We can’t talk about any of the changes they might have made because then it would be considered advertising.

I can’t even look the server up because I don’t know its name.

At this point we might need to take this to private messages.

I’m that one idiot who tried to end a stupid argument only for it to start up again. Y’all ave different opinions, arguing over your opinions online through posts is probably not going to get anywhere. How about you actually read each others arguments, state a closing statment and Shut up so this thread can close because I believe we long left the original purpose of this post

tbh this is an important discussion imo and it fits ok into this topic

There have been threads that either completely changed my opinion or at least made me aware of another perspective. I don’t see why the same thing couldn’t happen to me again or to anyone else.

Funny you should say that when the post you’re replying to explicitly says:

meaning we would have stopped posting in this thread shortly and there was no reason for your outburst.

We’re discussing the issues with private servers, I don’t see how this is far away from the original post.

90% ? I wouldn’t say it’s nearly as much, they’ve added to and changed a ton of that base code, the most important things that are relatively unchanged are movement, shooting, and most of the status effects, they’ve remade most of the dungeons, added a ton of dungeons, and they’ve got more custom events than they do events from prod. They’ve added a ton of other things that prod doesn’t have too, such as their “legendary” and “primal” effects, their “runes” which change gameplay by quite a lot, and a whole skill tree system that has its own dedicated realm-like “galaxies” that have multiple higher tiers, giving you more loot the harder it is.

Or, “This is how I see things, as I’ve been told something by people I trust overall more than you.” until Niegil showed up and provided his numbers (and told us how to get the numbers).

Or they didn’t feel it was worth the change, considering how little it gets done in the server compared to the other high level dungeons.

They added entirely new drops to it, if they wanted to change it they would’ve.

Subjective, many people like bosses like this.

They’ve made some pretty damn complex dungeons in comparison to what’s in prod, so I’d bet it isn’t this.

They, again, also just might not want to change it, or are working on a change for it.

Would that be a bad thing? I mean, I’ve literally never gotten server lag while playing on their server, so if that’s the case I personally say it’s a good decision.

Why? one dungeon you’ll pretty much never do is the same as prod and another dungeon that overall isn’t worth doing unless you’ve got top tier weapons is a boss fight from an older version of prod, I could care less when Im playing because there are much more profitable and fun ways to play.

Disclaimer: literally just discussing the changes up there, don’t play it if you weren’t already interested in them (you’d have a better time looking at the rotmg twitch to find pservers than looking around on here)

I’ll pm you a video.

Either an obvious troll or someone’s alt, @moderators pls help, thanks

Yeah, you can have an opinion, a light blue star that has like 4 posts and posts something like that is obviously a troll, though.

Along with your level 1 wizard and this you’re obviously an alt.

I didn’t read cause it’s a long section and I don’t actually care what y’all are arguing :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you want us to stop or do you not care? It’s either one or the other.

I want you to stop arguing even though I don’t care what you guys are arguing about (Don’t really have an opinion on the topic and so don’t really want to read your arguments)

Then ask politely instead of throwing a tantrum about it.

and what implied that there was a tantrum? I did ask realtively calmly (the first time) for you guys to stop

Next time you want to complain about other people being toxic, sort out your own behavior first.

Now I’m going to do what I originally intended and leave this thread to keep the conversation in PM. Ask a mod to lock the thread if you dislike it so much.

Never said I was innocent. Actually pointed out that I was toxic myself quite a couple of times. Anyway, thanks.

??? Could you please provide these ‘other bosses’ from prod that match the UDL/EUDL or abyss/Eabyss?

They change gameplay of classes drastically, they allow for a ton of different builds, even more if you add the skilltree.

They all provide benefits at the cost of something else, such as

• no debuffs, but you don’t get buffs and all of your stats are nerfed by 10%.
  • 8% mana and health regen boost per respective potion on your char (in the HP/MP section), but using an HP/MP potion stuns you for 5 seconds.
  • immunity to weak and all shots are armour piercing, you are also immune to damaging and your shot damage is averaged (no high-damage shots, no low damage shots, all do the same amount of damage)

They aren’t “grasping at straws” to differentiate themselves, they added a genuinely unique and fun aspect to the game.

That’s like literally what this thread has been since like the 3rd post, if you don’t like it just mute the thread and don’t visit it, I personally don’t see this thread bringing up any other conversations as it started off as literally “what’s [pserver]?”

They’re still different, and overall harder bossfights compared to the UDL and Abyss of prod, they do more damage, have more phases and more shots, and force you to either stay close by enclosing the player near them, or force you to use a max range weapon to hit them.

Abyss even has its own activation phase, and it isn’t “well just sit on boss and kill it real quick” like the prod abyss, he does a ton of damage and forces you to actually pay attention to the fight or you’ll die.

Fine, I’ll put something much more watered down and less explanatory, remove it again if you think it still breaks the rules (although Im still not listing the name as you said before)

I’ll even put fake names so they can’t search it up.