What would you do if you owned Realm?

Sell the game for a decent amount of money to support myself and my family.

Yeah. But I would sell it immediately instead of waiting. No point. Don’t want to fuck with the people who actually play it and don’t want to own a game I can’t actually improve.

But you could improve it if you put your mind to it ;^)

Nah. You have to know how to code and understand basic buisness. I probably wouldn’t even be able to keep the servers running.

UGC:wink:

Similar (locked) topic from Dec 2016 if anyone is wanting to read more:

The game hasn’t changed fundamentally too much under Deca’s reign since then, so the only things to add/alter to my reply post there would be around HP scale, which I’d replace in some places with buffable mechanic in the manner of Lich/Ent Ancient/GK, and to release new dungeons always in tandem with a new class, as I describe in this post.

Edit: oh yeah, of course I’d do something about the mindlessness that the current chest events encourage, but not sure what. I liked the use of marks in a recent event to dissuade complete nexuslurking, so something like that but ‘louder’.

Make dyes able to be bought with fame
Make all STs tradable
Make the Oryx Awsome set not a reskin or add a new Knight ST set
Give more dungeons that have only one white two whites

Sell it.

can i lowkey disagree with a lot of this

In total I agree with 1.5 of these, the buff flowing clarity and the buff tiered daggers (maybe)

Nerf Kageboshi

Buff @Kageboshi

probs add that clockwork tower, and perhaps several other fanmade dungeons, since it would be a quick way to bring out new content. As for making money? IDK… start some patron like thing? check realm gold prices, put adds into the game (somehow, idk how).
EDIT: actaully, in all honestly i’d probably ruin the game accidentally,so good for all of you I dont own realm! :smiley:

Shut the game servers down so I won’t have to deal with idiotic 12 year olds on a daily basis and finally do something with my life.

Oh, and I’ll also make @Niegil an admin just for kicks.

Guys, I would also

Buff the fuck to power over 9,000 of all UT’s. The bosses will be extremely hard, and enable Hardcore mode on all bosses…

A lot of things I agree on are @Nevov’s, but above all, I’d rework the Nest.
As in, within 72 hours. >:3

Aside from that, probably buff some UTs, nerf others, so they’re all kind of even…
Maybe put HP scaling on more things, make STs usable

For trading, I would create a system to weed out duplication from the game such as tagging every item with a number say when an item drops I would like for the item to receive a tag and if 2 of the same tags persist that would show a sign of duplication and delete the items
Then i would start trying to rework the older content such as o2 and cland and make them more prominent not just by adding in events to get people to do them but actually make them worthwhile as for o2 I would like to revamp the way players fight against him giving him stun immune phase, new attack patterns and making it an actual fight
Then I would look throughout the community to find bugs exploits and find ways to patch them
I would also like to take on more community ideas and concepts for dungeons, abilities, debuffs, and character concepts.
I would also like to do reworks on items such as buffs, shot patterns, special properties, etc
After attempting to fix most of the problems with realm spotted by the community I would like to work on new dungeons
as for events I would like to have special events for certain seasons I would like to do events for Holidays and solstices not the constant rapid fire of weekend events we see today
I would also enjoy the idea of adding back ut weekends if I could get the item tag to work and prevent duplication

I just got a Jugg, tag 1234
Oh look! A hacker spawns in a Jugg with tag 1234
Goodbye my legit Jugg!

Or maybe the hacker gets the Jugg first, but then when I get it, whoops no Jugg.

0/10 bad system

Long post incoming

I would remove gold altogether, but slowly. If I get to the point of where I own realm, Deca must have sold it to me for a few million dollars, and if I have enough money to buy a shitty flash game, I likely don’t need more.

First, I would add a trading post, allowing for players to trade items in a manor like the GE in RS. Drop your item off, put in a price then leave. Someone comes up picks the items and pays the price. You now have GE chests in your vault, when you arrive you can take the items you just got with your item. Next slowly start removing Soulbound from UTs. Allow players to slowly get used to the fact that UTs are soulbound. Start with ones that almost every character should have, Cbow, Dbow, Plane, Expo, and the SB ST items. When players get used to trading pots for UTs again, add in a new item in the Vault, a Potion Storage. Once you max a stat on a character, and ‘drink’ a potion of your maxed stat, said potion would go straight to your Potion Storage. In the vault you can interact with the potion storage allowing you to remove, and drink (Drink 1 potion or Drink to Max) from your surplus (thirsty safe), allowing you to remove potions for trading in person, and just max characters faster. You can also trade potions in your potion storage for items in the Trading Post. Meaning you no longer have to hold 16 life potions in your inventory to buy a rare ut that you have been wanting, and the price can safely go above 16 of any item, with out the risk of scamming.

Next, Gold would slowly start diminishing. Mystery boxes, and skins still cost gold currently but we shouldn’t change everything instantly. Instead you will start buying items with Dead (Account) Fame. Dead fame is to force players to die if they would like to buy items. Nexus tops are removed and replaced with lower tier versions. T10 is the highest weapon, T11 is the highest armour, and T4 is the highest ability you can purchase with fame. They are not too expensive either. They are low tier as ‘good’ players will likely have tops in vault or have the items to buy them from the Trading Post with pots from the Potion Storage. Dyes, Cloths, Dye Removers, and Backpacks are now also purchasable with fame. Backpacks being worth 2k fame each, dyes and cloths being around 100 to 75 depending on size.

Next Vault Chests, and Character Slots are turned now worth fame. Not too high, but not so low you can buy all of them after one good character dies.

Any tradeable skins are now made Soulbound. This will cause a minor uproar but it will be fine. Gold for skins will be removed, and instead they will be worth a high amount of fame, this makes it harder to get skins. Remove Mystery skin drops, and then make skins like Mini Thessal, Mini Nut, etc only drop from them.

Mystery boxes are removed, and instead the Wizard is repalced to be a voting system. Rather than me decided what gets added into the game, the players vote for it. Say you think Wands need to be buffed all around because priest hitting 1.3k dps max is bullshit, you go to the Wizard, and vote for it, instead of doing other things. I agree, and then I open testing, and allow you to play with the wands post buff, and you can decided if they are too powerful or still in need of a buff. When we have it perfected, we push it to prod, and a new voting cycle is added. New dungeons, or revamp current ones. Increase HP scaling in X dungeon, or make the dungeon harder to rush to encourage group clearing etc.

As for events. Every weekend there will be an event for a different dungeon, and there can not be an event for said dungeon until every other dungeon has been done (no more OT events every other week). Rather than making these events a chest where you feel the need to be running them because they drop good items, it simply increases the drop rate of items in said dungeon, so if there is a Snake Pit event, you can get an extra speed or two from Setheno, and bulwark now drops at a higher rate. These events will be voted on by the public from Monday to Thursday, and the event starting on Friday morning though Monday morning, so you can vote between Snake Pit or Nest. The loser would go to the next round where you would vote OT or Nest. This goes on until every dungeon that is worth running (including Oryx Castle, and a Realm White event), has been completed. The dungeons picked to be put up against each other in the vote will be picked via a random number generator.

Right now the only thing that is still worth gold is Keys, and feed power. I also want to change the way keys work. I would want to add a ‘Donate’ function, and all money donated goes directly to server time. No 10% goes to me bullshit, because again if I bought the game from Deca I likely have enough money to not need any more, and plus at this point the game will be 90% run by the community. Depending on how much you donate you will get X amount of blank keys per month, these do not roll over to the next month, and can be turned into what ever you want. Say the current event is Cdepths. You can take your blank key, and use it, this will open a GUI and you pick what dungeon you want to open, and then click confirm and bam you have that key type in your inventory. These key blanks, and the keys you turn them into will expire at the end of the month, and you will have to grab the new blanks. This keeps players from holding a fuckton of the same keys. The amount of blanks you get wont be high. It would be enough to where you can still pop dungeons for private runs but not high enough that you can sit in nexus to do runs of the current event. You can then no longer buy keys in the nexus.

Feed power is now slowly added into the drop tables of dungeons equal to how difficult the dungeon is, and it drops at a rather low rate. Your not going to be getting Ambrosia from OTs, but don’t expect more than Power Pizza from LH. These items are no longer soul bound either meaning if you wish to sell them for pots in the Trading Post you can.

The game is essentially player run. They vote on new dungeons, the next event, and any balancing changes they want for the game, they control the economy, and I sit and watch. The players rather than spamming what they want on the Forum or Reddit, can send suggestions to what they want in the next update. Some of them will be ignored such as make Jugg drop all the time, or give me an ogmur I have been farming forever. etc. I would play often, and have fun challenges for players like what Silex has done with the Spooky Boys in the Beach Zone, or make you fight two MBC at the same time, and those who survive, and succeed get a prize of some kind, like a free 8/8 or a Reskin UT of their choice.

The only thing needed to change now is a way to keep bots from influencing votes. This could be like requiring a living 8/8 and have X amount of hours in realm (not in nexus), or X amount Gland+ dungeons run in order to vote. Making it harder for mules and bots to gain vote power.

TL;DR: Remove SB UTs, add a trading post, remove gold, and make events and future updates player run.

Lol half hour guild wants game to die

I’d add in elder realms

Making giveaways of items, more events and also more portals… idk it’s so cool to do it…

There was a trading post that wasn’t just RWT a long time ago then RWT traders went in and it became infamous as a terrible place where all the RWT players went to the point where the owner that created it 5 years ago discontinued it due to scams and etc