Why doesn't the game have this already? [password codes on individual characters]

There have been lots of accounts lately that have been hacked, including multiple of my friend’s accounts. I was thinking about ways this could be prevented and thought of a very easy, and not at all hard or time-consuming feature to implement into the game. It wouldn’t really mess anything with the game up either.

For people who hack accounts, they usually get into an account. Once they are on the home screen, they have to go into the accounts characters to be able to kill them or access the pet yard or vault. So, I was thinking, why not add 6-digit password codes to get into each individual character?

Now, I know what you may be thinking, loopholes and the fact you may not want to do it at all. This feature would be completely optional and be accessed through the main menu. Now you may be thinking, can’t they just delete that characters, or make a new character? No, they wouldn’t be. Along with passwords to get into each character, but as well as a separate master password to make a new character, access the vault, and deleting a character. I think it is easy for hackers to get past 1 or even two layers of security, but 3 layers are going to be hard to bust.

PLEASE tell me what you think in the comments and things that could be tweaked for this feature. But otherwise, it seems like a very viable option for account security. Thanks! IGN-LDeters
(DECA Games if you put this in the game, please give me credit).

delete quick
Imagine how annoying it would be to put a passcode in every time u swapped chars…
I would say to maybe do that for deleting a char, but that would encourage hackers to kill the characters instead of simply deleting them.

Bad idea imo, the security questions are good enough (even tho they r sooner or later going to lock me out of my account because I dont know them)

I mean we already have a password that’s supposed to be secure, I feel like people could lose characters through this if they forget their code. It’s also a bit much, just keep your password safe, It’s not even that hard

That’s why I added this feature is purely OPTIONAL

I feel as though people’s accounts are getting hacked only because they cheat.

I forgot to add, but you can recover your code if you put in your master code, or send a recovery “form” to your email address

But just cheating like auto aim or whatever still isnt worth losing 100s of hours of pure true gameplay without hacks or cheating.

Yes it is. They chose the risk and therefore must pay the price.

A lot of it is also just being stupid and using your password for multiple things or telling it to people

[quote=“SirSpud, post:2, topic:20501”]
Bad idea imo, the security questions are good enough (even tho they r sooner or later going to lock me out of my account because I dont know them)
[/quote] lol this contradicts your whole point of this being bad compared to security questions…

And that is why Deca shouldn’t be going out of their way to add features such as this when it is the owner’s responsibility to secure their account

Yes, cheating is wrong. No they shouldn’t do it. But it isn’t players jobs to hack peoples accounts because I have been accused of hacking at least 20 times, and its because my computer is not meant to play games on.

This would fix that though, with multiple of them.

Of course those who hack into others’ accounts is in the wrong as well, and you being accused of hacking isn’t going to get your account hacked, it’s the actual cheaters who are at risk

Very true. But this would be a very viable option to those who are legit players. Once again, it’s optional, although I’m not so sure why people are so concerned over hackers compared to dupers.

Honestly, seems like a huge waste of Deca’s time because a legit player’s account is at significantly less risk. I don’t think it should be added.

Please, everyone, remember this feature is extremely flexible and optional for all players, hacker dupers and legit ones alike.

How u know?

I don’t think that this is a bad idea. Also is optional… I can’t see the problem.

I can’t say for sure. But I’ve been paying attention and Deca has addressed the problem, saying that it is because of the use of hacked clients and such. They can log your data.