Wiki Improvements

Added ST Star and ST Quiver to Ability page

I’ve added most of the Hand of the Helpess’ info, but not all of the projectiles yet, since I’ll have to somehow do some magic to turn those around 90°…

Wait, when are these used? I don’t recall ever seeing them…

I recognize that sprite from the now deleted “Parasite Den” sprites on realmeye once. I think it was listed as “Dusky Magus”

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/hand-of-the-helpless

Might be that 2nd one, depending who made it, is reference to:

Petition to add the middle finger sprite in game. Maybe when the hand is like at critical hp, it briefly becomes invulnerable to flip the bird at you.(Half joking, half serious)

My first edit!

Yeah, I wasn’t really sure on what to put there >_<

@Wilhuff They were made because Toastrz wanted memes, probably.
I do know that he used it somewhere on the forum once…

Edit: Found it!

I’m glad at least one person had to see this and copy it over for the hover text.

I knocked up a bit of template to enable the now-official in-game L O R E to be added onto the relevant pages where The Realm Eye has a response coded, as I can’t think of a reason why we wouldn’t want it there available to read on the item that it relates to. The template/layout can always be altered to be a bit prettier by those better at things than I.

Am thinking to locate it after the factual introduction section on the page, examples:

Lore on item page (Wand of Deep Sorcery)
Lore on enemy page (Snakepit Guard)
Lore on dungeon page (Pirate Cave)

Edit: after other recommendations, I’m locating it at the end of the introductory section, after any Notes/Trivia. For pages with Contents subheader, I’m locating it as the last thing above the Contents. Have edited the screenshots above to match this idea.

I didn’t even copy it, I just typed it out.
Homestuck finally came in handy…

Would it be better to add the template at the bottom of the page near trivia? (I just think that this layout would look nicer and make more sense)

Pasta time

Lmao gottem

I’m pretty sure when Kabam created ST items, it meant Set Tier Items (but yeah, then it turned into ST sets, which does make less sense language-wise, but the T meaning Tier does make much sense with the other Tiers/Un-Tiered)

There was no official announcements as far as I know, they just called it like that internally, hence why most testers keep saying this name. Sadly there is not much left online from the Kabam times (most stuff was on IRC at that time), and I couldn’t find the full length word for ST on the few reddit threads :confused:

I could be wrong though, perhaps we just assumed that meaning at the time. I didn’t know there was some discussion on RE about it, so if you all went to prefer to call those Special Themed, my bad for changing it. I doubt Kabam or Deca cares much haha. I think the easiest way to be sure would be to ask Silex or some old Kabam dev if he remembers it :slight_smile:

Btw, I did change the link in the nav bar and on a link on the loot bag page, so that we the URL makes sense (I copied /wiki/special-themed-sets into /wiki/set-tier)

Sorry for the late reply, but stat ‘28’? Is there an reason for it, or was it just arbitrary numbers.

One of the things that I think influenced the name was because we already had the “themed” sets from Wild Shadow era, (Jungle necro, OT huntress, Lab sorc, Manor priest).

The “special themed” sets name I thiiiiiink could’ve been to show that these new sets were “special” not just 4x pretty items, but wearing them all did something to you, first with the 16x16 skin, later sets with a bonus, and that special themed set name was to reflect that concept of being special function sets.

It was fairly jumbled how STs were brought into the game. I went and read through all the patch notes but can’t even see any official usage of ST either way, which doesn’t help. :laughing:

My preference would be switch it back to how it was just because without evidence to change it, we should assume that the decision to call it that “Special Themed Sets” all those years ago was done for a reason as the phrase wouldn’t have appeared out of nowhere, and does make more logic, language-wise.

Edit: I’ll do the revert now.

Dunno if this goes here, but the wiki says that the machine is a “realm dungeon,” but it is technically a “special event” dungeon. It no longer drops, only on certain days.

Not really.

My bad then, I didn’t realize that

How to fix?

Patience… :slight_smile:
I have put a “work in progress” at the top of that page until they’re all done.
Edit: all done.

If possible, while we’re adding the Realm Eye lore to the weapon pages, add in the same-tiered weapon navigation as well.
Here’s how to add it in:

{{
template-realm-eye-lore
| response=Ah ha, the legendary Ichimonji! One of a set of blades that was created under the tutelage of one of the greatest swordsmen in the eastern realms.
}}

{{template-katana-navigation}}
{{template-tier-ten-weapon-navigation}}

Make sure that the same-tier navigation is under the general slot-type navigation, as that’s usually less intriguing for peeps to look at ;3