Wiki Improvements

did you ask it personally or they announce it?

Nice!

Highly unlikely. They wrote this wiki themselves from scratch. Pride aside, switching over to a project as large as wikimedia would put a large administrative burden on them they’d probably want to avoid. The forum probably exponentially increased the amount of time they have to work on the site as it is.

Highly unlikely. They wrote this wiki themselves from scratch. Pride aside, switching over to a project as large as wikimedia would put a large administrative burden on them they’d probably want to avoid. The forum probably exponentially increased the amount of time they have to work on the site as it is.

:c

I have a poll regarding certain consumables. (Loot boosters = loot tier potion, loot drop potion, lucky clover; XP boosters = 1 min, 20 min, unlimited)

• Loot boosters and XP boosters should be on the same page
  • Loot boosters and XP boosters should be on separate pages

0 voters

To rephrase the question, I’m referring to this page, titled Boosting Consumables, where another user recently merged loot boosters and XP boosters together, claiming they were very similar items.

As far as I’m concerned every item in the game should have its own page.

PS awesome work with the wiki dragon :slight_smile:

New version of poll:

• Loot boosters and XP boosters should be on the same page titled “Boosting Consumables”
  • Loot boosters and XP boosters should be on the same page titled something else (please suggest below)
  • Loot boosters and XP boosters should be on separate pages

0 voters

It’s bad structure for the wiki to go:

• Consumables
    – Temporary Boosts
    — Boosting Consumables

You’re already in Consumables, everything by definition is consumable. You’re in Temporary Boosts, everything by definition is a boost.

Splitting Boosting Consumables back into subcategories XP Boosters (for the 3x of those) and Loot Boosters (for the 3x of those) is a better setup.

Hello. I’d like to help with the Wiki if possible. I’ve noticed that some dungeon example layout images have poor quality because they were taken with the minimap all zoomed out.

After piecing one together myself, with the minimap fully zoomed in, I noticed that the aspect ratio of the pixels was wrong. So after spending a few hours recreating the layout by copying it pixel by pixel and editing, I believe I achieved a good result. It is scalable because it is in a each pixel is equal to 2x2 pixels.

I’d like to know if I can start making more images please.

I can also convert them to SVG(means it wouldn’t need an image hoster, right?) if necessary, or keep in PNG. What do you think?

What specific layouts are you talking about?

For pixel art, instead of doing every pixel by hand, it works if you use resize -> nearest neighbor, which should be an option in most image editors.

Unfortunately, you will need an external image host for all images regardless of format.

I’m talking about The Hive’s example layout, for example. But I can edit all dungeons I know if needed.
I’m willing to put in the work if it means that they’ll see the light of the day.

Are you really sure about needing an external image host? I thought SVG files could be added by using XML.

I think @Deividlolz has been making higher quality map images, so you could ask him for help.

I have noticed, over the past while, that the newer additions (most notably equipment) to the wiki has a new style. I like the new style, but it feels somewhat disconnected from the old pages. I think that the new style SHOULD replace the old style; it fixes some redundancy and overall feels more cleaner.

An example of the old style and the new style:

There are many differences both graphical and textual.

My question is, are all of the older pages going to be changed into this style sometime?
And, if yes to the previous question, am I, along with whomever wants, able to work on the change?

Yes, the new style is slowly being implemented across all item pages. I started the conversion but got lazy and never finished, but a few people are continuing the work right now.

Feel free to help with the conversions and let me know if you have questions about using the templates.

There currently isn’t a template for ability stats due to their diversity, but I will get to it soon ™.

Does Wiki Weapon need to be updated to the new style?
As long as the ability item is a drop from Template Turkey I’ll be happy. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are more…pressing matters than balancing…

I know that Realmeye states that they have no affiliation with Deca, but please…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
:thinking:

image -wut

Please fix the goddamn spelling!

AGAIN Lost halls Recods

:thinking:

Hmhmhmhmhmhmmmmmmmmmmm

Why can’t you fix it yourself?

Perhaps a note of that would be good to put somewhere in the forum introduction/rules?

Edit: Unless it already is of course didn’t stop to think about the age of the post before replying whoops

Tell me how

You have to be logged into your RealmEye account for the link to appear, it is: Edit this page and is on every editable page of the wiki, down the right hand side. This is browser screenshot not sure if it’s in same place on mobile:

Happy editing.