Worst Class in the Game?

LOL sooooooo much skill.
*makes assassin

• gets t0 armor and t6 poison
    *rushes Wc and presses the almighty space bar
    *2 much skilzzzxzxx 5 u

Seeing all the Assassin hate, I have a counter:
Invulnerability phases.
Sure, you can attempt to spam your poison and hope to get maybe 1 in.
Or, you could, like, time your throws right, but that takes skill, and Assassin doesn’t need any, right???

…Really though, I sadly have to agree that’s about where it ends.
Gosh, I wish there’d be a bit more news on the rework…

there’s going to be a sin rework?

@Castawayz agreed, because of the unusability of the tiered/spirit prisms, it remains basically a mundane Assassin with simply better stats.

@KingSharkT @CptShevu I disagree wholly. Despite the Necromancer lacking ability DPS, he is perhaps the strongest tomb class in the game, having the radius Esben skull, more accurate crowd control than the Wizard, and prevents shot stacking in dungeons unlike the Mystic.

The Assassin doesn’t need a buff. It always gets loot. You all are just playing him wrong :gem:.

While a good idea in theory, the sad fact is because so many Rotmg players use cheater clients which bypass any skill needed to time attacks correctly, invulnerable phases (eg in public tombs) can have the backwards consequence of screwing legitimate players out of sb chance while allowing the cheaters to secure dmg without a care.

If you don’t know what you’re doing, trickster is the worst. If you know how to play it trickster is op. Also ninja best class <3

Decoy isn’t that bad, and its SOOOO MUCH FUN, only truly fun class in game imo. My only issue is how stuff blocks it really as it I’d prefer being able to throw it full distance but that’s also because I haven’t put an insane amount of time om trickster.

I don’t think there’s a modified client that can predict everything that will happen in the game, including what the other players will do, 2 seconds in advance. Might be doable with a Plague, but why bother when you would have a much easier time making the same kind of client for Wizard?

Assassin is the only class that requires you to accurately predict the future. It’s fine against a boss like O2 that stays vulnerable forever and barely moves, but against everything else it’s a crapshoot (especially when so many bosses have phases that change based on how much damage they’ve been dealt, meaning you have to predict what other players will do). Some people say Huntress has the same problem but she doesn’t care as much since Trap is used for the status effects more than for pure damage.

As much of a brain dead class the Assassin is, an issue that’s always been around is that people think the assassin is just throwing poisons 24/7 and forgetting it has 60 att and 75 dex which is slightly less than the Trickster’s DPS with the dagger only.
Yes it understandable that the poison does its job on getting loot and fixing ruined tombs but that’s how you also get bored when you only use your dagger for chests. Yes people actually do this.

I can’t imagine what kind of buff the people in reddit want for the assassin, it’s literally a easy class. Why buff a easy class?!

I think what people are truly asking for is a rework, not a straight up buff.

Now that makes sense.

Yeah agree. I maybe didn’t make it clear I wasn’t aiming that specifically about assassin, just (badly) making a general point about enemies with short vulnerable phases.

@CptShevu with the Necromancer rework along with the previous stat change to 75 ATT, the Necro can actually have 1,000 HP as well along with the Trickster, and with the conditions and damage buffs on the Skull, the Necro is probably one of the strongest classes in-game now.

People say mystic is terrible. But in Shatts it’s pretty useful. Especially if you’re in a sticky situation.

It does it has a decoy

if you’re a noob playing mystic everyone is going to hate you. If you’re experienced with mystic then bosses die in like 5 seconds with proper curse and statis when necessary.

@LAAMAS
but stacked artifacts tho
it hurts
fam

Indeed

Semantics here but: mystic is terrible. Not to play, it’s way OP when used properly, but for other players.

It’s the only class in the game that can make life miserable for other players. Between people spamming space because they just upgraded from wizard through to trollers with divine MP healing realm can get really frustrating.

IMO stasising a chest twice should be an insta two week ban offense.