Your thoughts on DECA?

What is your general opinion on DECA so far? Did they stick to their words and done the community good? We know that it has not been that long since they were named as the new owners of RotMG but analyse every move they made, from the free packs to banning JewElimination guild, rate them 1 to 100% based on your observations. And rate your expectations on DECA’s future move towards realm. Give a reasonable answer as to why you rated that percentage.

So far - 75%

DECA has been doing a good job on keeping the community together recently… the community alone. The game itself has barely been touched and almost no gameplay elements were changed or edited, (this is as far as I know, please correct me if I am wrong) and I think that we can all agree we are on a DUNGEON-HUNGRY level and would love a well made end-game dungeon. cough and cough2 Right, @Toastrz and @Xaklor?

Expectation - 95%

I see a lot of potential ahead of Realm of the Mad God and it’s new owners, DECA. One of the good reasons is that most --if not all of the members of DECA are former Kabam employees, meaning they have been watching Realm closely. i hope

Upvote/Like a comment orthispost if you think that they have made a good point. I don’t see much likes around even when that person has helped contribute to that discussion.

Well I wont give a rating but I can tell you this newest pack has me scratching my head.

So Far - 50%

This isn’t meant to be harsh but more just me trying to be realistic with myself. I think I appreciate the idea of DECA more then what they actually have done thus far. They’ve made a few questionable decisions imo… and are apparently are not a good judge of good contest entries (wtf was that third comic winner?)

Expectations - 80%

I think much of what I said above can be chalked up to DECA being new to running a game and new to the industry. I know it’s run by industry people but working on a game must be very different compared to running it. I DO very much so think DECA is well intentioned so I believe once they start getting into the groove of developing real content and figure out how to interact with the community well everything will end up just fine. I think the end of MotMG will let them focus on that aspect.

tl;dr - Not great yet but they’ll figure it out

OKAY MY HOPES AND DREAMS AND EXPECTATIONS OF DECA ALL CRUSHED THANK YOU

Seriously. I only saw this pack because you said it, and I had to hop back into game (was about to sleep) and poof. I didn’t just scratch my head, I wanted to chop it off. DEACCAAA!

It looks like they will do lots for the community considering all the packs that have been released.

They’re being experimental right now. We can’t expect full content like new dungeons for a little while, at least not if we want it to be good instead of rushed. MotMG was a very busy time for them and now that it’s over, they can finally slow down a bit and get to the good stuff.

So far - 80%

I completely agree with @ScyllaGeek, their judgment for contest winners is…questionable. I mean, come on, they picked a rip off of the pirate king (iirc) for the skin contest before pulling a steve harvey and picking another one. Packs have been good, and fri itenz have been great. The new experimental options are awesome. To everyone who says “more dungeons! more content! buff necro! Give janus better drops!” and everything else, give it time! they’ll get to it. it’s only been a couple of month and i’m sure they’ve been very busy with MotMG

Expectation - 100%

Call me stupid, call me an optimist, but i’m really excited for the future of Realm. Deca seems like they truly care about making it a better game, and they’ve shown that they listen to the community above all else. The community didn’t like the second fame box? Get rid of it. The community wants a fame fashion box? Add it in! As for the new packs, I’m certain they’re just establishing some numbers about how many people purchase it so they know what to do in the future. As i stated in the previous paragraph, i have no doubt that new content will follow shortly, as well as (hopefully) optimizations for the game (less lag!) and being able to transfer from kongregate to steam…please…there’s so much lag on browser….

Ask the Person Below You a Question

So far - 35%

This is taking into account the silent years from Kabam. Deca seems to be doing something, but is it that much better? Haven’t really felt it myself.

From making changes and causing bugs that are then not even acknowledged or commented on (messed-up teleport delay, whatever the heck happened to Electric, recent no-nexus-OT incident),

through questionable acts of bannerino/unbannerino (ban a whole guild for a racist/offensive name, meanwhile dupers on Mango Peach brag about getting their mules unbanned, even though it was supposed to be not a thing),

free gifts and chests (I’m not getting bribed, sorry; also the issue with excluding “obvious mules” from getting chests that didn’t work so perfectly, while regular players don’t receive them),

contests and ideas that are full of holes (spawning O2s, pet imbalance in the first Arena event, no gold/fame to participate in Arena without killing the single maxed char someone has, advantage of paying gold for wave resets, “who gets most upvotes - wins”, dungeon openings that crashed and filled servers)

all the way to a general feel of “not enough communication” mixed with "nothing new yet, besides free shit).

[unusual formatting to prevent wall of text]

Getting rid of spambots for a while and decently fast dealing with duping outbreaks were certainly good points. I guess I can also “praise” Deca for answering community cries regarding the guild banning that happened, though would much prefer if the response happened way sooner and not just as a result of new “ban too much” and “ban good, hail Deca” threads popping up every hour.

Expectation - 35%

Keep it mind this is “expectation” not “hopes and dreams”. I don’t really expect much based on what I’ve already seen. I don’t think most of these “issues” I highlighted were difficult to solve/prevent and the fact that it didn’t happen suggests that’s the kind of “quality” we’ll be getting.

Maybe I’m just too picky or too good at finding holes, but that’s just how I see it. Not that it’s any kind of issue, at least they’re keeping the game alive.

So far- 70%

The majority of the events were quite poorly done, but they’ve been learning and improving which is the key part. When the community doesn’t like something, they’ll wonder what went wrong instead of pulling a Kabam and having no communication (They removed the shitty fame box before we had the cloth one). I think the Jew elimination thing was quite harsh, but they did put out a firm rebuttal. Again, the fact that they’re communicating with us is key here. Anyway, I didn’t give it any more than 70% because I kind of feel like they could’ve done more. They’ve had it for 5 weeks now and only made small quality of life changes.

Expectation - 50% - 100%

I personally can see this going either way. They keep us in the dark after MOTMG or they keep the communication flowing. They could either be the next Kabam (Their most recent mystery box worried me… ) or be absolutely amazing. I think a key thing here is to keep all of our criticism constructive and not straight out hate. The no.1 worst thing that can happen now is for us to alienate them.

So far 60%

They have certaonally been active compared to Kabam and have introduced new content. They also seem to show signs of listening to the playerbase. However there seems to be a lacl of experience for instance with contests until it was pointed out there was an issue, there were mistakes.

Furthermore, i am slightly biased as I have been excluded from thw raffles and from the free vault as have others. Innocents are beong punished unfairly.

They do have some pros e.g. events and removing to some extent spam bots and some of these sruff they cant do much about anyway.

Expectations 40%

Being a pessemistic sorr of a giy this is my natural stand point.

Kabam had sold many of their mobile games earlier to Gaea who also did a similar splash on the water. Pretending to listen etc. What has happened is that they have become similar to kabam. Minutes for meeting have not been published for over a month. Transparency at it’s best.

We haven’t seen much that will actually say to me, new content will be introduced readially.
After a decent opening month, it is very hard to build on that momentim, so what is likely is that it will either increase, or more like plateau.

Many of the issues which need solving e.g. class imbalance, loss of coop, bots and IMO pets, are very hard to deal with and their likely solutions will cause issues to the playerbase to some extent.

Either way I am cautiously pessemistoc.

I’m not coming with a Percent Expectation, that’s not necessary.

I’m just going to say that I don’t think it can get worse than kabam.
Kabam released pets and other dumb stuff like ST items, then they didn’t do anything for 1,5 years.

There are 2 possible ways for the game now.

Nothing happens
Something happens

TLDR: It can’t get worse. It either stays or it goes up.

I don’t really have much to say other than if they keep members on rotmg it should do better than kabam did because kabam were quite understaffed especially just before they moved the rest of the team to other games.

I am just largely unhappy they took apparently won’t help you with changing your username past the in-game mechanic, and so you can’t take old, non-migrated acc usernames. Based off a reddit post discussing this.

I don’t agree with all that Deca has done in the past month, but I guess that they still are trying to figure out what works and doesn’t. I think right now so far they are like 60%, because they have made a few mistakes, but they do try to improve the game, which is nice. I think in the further months they will learn how to do better events and make better decisions.

In one of decas official posts they said they had a large backlog of support tickets to go through they might change their mind when they’re on top of things.

I don’t think i can put my ideas in numbers or percentages, so i won’t.

So far, DECA has been better than KABAM. But it’s not like KABAM has put the bar too high. I feel like the most important thing they did was dealing with multiboxers, but even then it was “band-aid” fix, much like KABAM “fixed” duping by soulbinding UTs.

So yeah, I feel like they must solve all the technical issues first, like server stability and all sorts of hacking, but i know this takes time. I’ll give them the rest of the year to really judge. Worst case scenario, I leave this game and embrace Steambirds Alliance.

There is no way anyone can make a fair assessment of Deca’s work right now. They could replace the menu screen’s background with svastikas and film themselves killing baby seals with baseball bats and they’d still look like the second coming of Christ compared to Kabam.

I’m expecting them to reach about the same level Kabam was at when they were actually running the game instead of leaving it there untouched and collecting the players’ money, but probably not much better.

So far - 60%

IMO, all deca has done is do MotMG, which doesn’t show how they are going to run the game. I think they don’t know much about the game, or at least not enough about it. They are asking the community how to balance classes instead of checking it out themselves. I mean, yea they have been removing multiboxers and dupers but I feel like they know nothing about how people play it and what should they buff/nerf.

Expectation - 80%

I, Just like you, see a lot of potential in this game, but again, I feel like deca is doing all of this wrong. They are asking our opinion instead of learning the game basics themselves. I believe after a while they will do it the right path and see how we react to changes they make, and then fix it depending on the reaction. They have done great work and I am positive it could be kept that way

I had middling hopes, but their latest pack… uhg. It’s caused me to question what the fuck they’re doing. I was hoping they’d get rid of the tacky, stupid monetization like being able to buy tops and HP/MP pots. I don’t really want to play much now that they’ve shown that they’re in favor of making their game look like a big, fat, farm raised cash cow.

Well…DECA do Really Good Work,But I Really Want To See More Weapons And Dungeons Ingame,Of Course Adding Skins And Other Stuff Its Really Awasome,But I Want To See Something Like T13 Weapons Or More UT’s.
[…]

For Example New Classes(Not My Ideas) :
1.)https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/4tvl3b/new_class_idea_spearmanhoplitelancer/
2.)https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/3udwy8/rotmg_class_idea_shouldnt_be_added_just_an_idea/
3.)https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/1y0w78/my_3_class_ideas_from_the_old_forums_hope_you/

Awasome Weapon Ideas By Community :
https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/49oj9x/weapon_ideas/

I Hope You Enjoyed This Post,Have A Nice Day :ok_hand: :joy:

Mod edit: unofficial servers are strictly prohibited. Do not post them again.