Atrapper's Idea Revival- 12 Days of Christmas

fits in well with the name oblivion and the theme. Not bad I could see this being used for like oryx castle or like cdepths!

I never really thought of a drop location, but Oryx’s Castle wouldn’t be a great fit, judging by how Oryx himself could not contain its power, as the description stated. Maybe Shaitan’s? It fits the theme in a way.

I didn’t mean oryx castle as a drop location, I meant it would be useful to clear the enemies in oryx castle lol. Yea shaitan might be good and makes sense for drop location

Oh, yeah. I’d 100% use this in both Oryx’s Castle and maybe even the Wine Cellar, as with Cdepths, or even Abyss on a Prot Priest.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… A 5-shot wand?

I have mixed feelings about this

The main reason for its creation was the niche of a crowd clearing wand. As it stands, no wand is great for crowd clearing.

i guess so, but shots seem a bit too much, maybe add 4 with more dmg?

i dont see why 5 projectiles is bad, the only thing that annoys me is the symmetry

I actually debated changing it to 4 bullets, but the lack of symmetry, or rather, the odd symmetry, is why I kept it at 5.

Day 11
This will be the final item release of the marathon. Tomorrow’s will be bigger than an item. So, let’s get on with this final item.

Glacial Bulwark

Containing the energy of an aurora, this armor was worn into war by frost trolls.
Stats:
+20 Defense
-4 Speed
+3 Attack
+3 Dexterity
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 1000

This armor essentially takes the player’s speed in exchange for offensive capabilities. It retains very high Defense, but makes the player slightly slower. I’d see this being useful on Paladins or maybe Warriors with tiered helmets. Overall, it seems like a solid armor.

Thanks for checking this out! Make sure to check back on this thread tomorrow, when the biggest release of this marathon!

BWAAHAHAHAHA GIANT TEXT WALL AAHAHAHAHA!!
Ahem, I promised I’d give feed back once they were all done and here it is:

1. Longbow of the Seven Seas, Huntsman’s Lair

similar damage to Dbow up to 40 def, and much less stressful with the aiming since missing a shot doesn’t hurt as bad. then again, I really only use dbow in shatters and on bosses, so that doesn’t really matter. I’m not sure what else to say about it really, it’s balanced, but not very creative at all.
as for the mini dungeon that accompanied this bow I’m pretty sure you know exactly what I’d say about it.

2. Necrolight
I remember this from the end of the kabam forums. I only got the tail end of it as it died, but I was there.

I’m gonna say now what I thought then: if the point of this is to do more damage at closer range, doesn’t this just do to etherite what etherite did to cdirk? except this doesn’t even do that job as well, etherite still beats it as most def levels. furthermore:

there’s no way the true range actually goes that far, hitboxes aren’t that big. this thing’s true range is actually very small, probably even smaller than dblade’s. unlike day 1, this one is at least on the more creative side, but I can’t see myself using this.

3. Skull of the Void
not bad, but in light of the recent necro buff, I would suggest reducing the max berserk time to 3s. also I would remove the def and hp boosts, since this skull is supposed to be sacrificing survivability for offense

4. Cloak of the Guardian
bunch of other people picked up on this: what’s the point of additionally having armored on top of invisible? wouldn’t this just make rogue unnecessarily tanky for no good reason? and I really don’t the the spd penalty is enough justification, even if it dropped it by -40.

5. Helm of Eternal Flame
this is very nearly identical to my Galvanic Helm from the Stone Caves of Nores. the most common piece of feed back I got for Galvanic Helm was that it was somewhat balanced, but high mheal pets might break it. the most glaring difference between Galvanic Helm and Helm of Eternal Flame is that Galvanic Helm only did 350 damage with a 4.5s cooldown, while Helm of Eternal Flame does 2000 damage with a 4s cooldown. the range for the damage on your helm is about half on mine, but I don’t think that quite justifies doing that much damage.

6. Kaleidoscope staff, Steno’s Caduceus, Vampire’s Fang
kaleiscope staff:

it’s not that impressive, now is it? the only real difference between the two is that your staff’s projectiles move much slower, which isn’t a good thing. this is basically useless.

Stheno’s caduceus:

this on the other hand has promise. the only thing I’d be concerned about is whether or not getting both those shots to hit is possible. if they come close enough to hit the same target there in the middle, it works for me. if not, maybe reduce the arc gap a little bit.

Vampire’s Fang:
interesting, but I wouldn’t call it that useful. necro heals are insane already, and the advantage of the endless torment skull is that it actually does decent damage, not that it heals more. I’m not sure that a skull made specifically to heal is all that useful.

7. Orderkeeper Ninja Set
Blade of Ordinance:
cwand of katanas. relative to masamune, it’s good. but doku still beats at all the way up to 65 def and still retains the piercing which this katana loses. I don’t really think there’s that much hope for making it balanced and useful, simply because of how broken doku is. (or pathetic masamune is, however you look at it)

Star of Peace:
that’s nearly double the effect of crown, with high mheal pets that would be totally broken. I think +5 atk +5 dex with only 20-30 mp/s would be more viable, the higher the mp drain the less useful it is to low level pet users, so mellowing out this star would be important.

Tranquilities boon:
Leather armor Fairy plate? only really sounds helpful to assassin imo, since all leather armor classes have the same base def and there’s no clear advantage of sacrificing def for hp on them. and those capable of getting harlequin armor would have no need for this at all.

Charm of Duality:
I really don’t have much to say about this one, it’s not useless or broken, and it’s just a ring.

this makes me happy :smile:

8. Essence of Magicka
interesting, but toxin also has +3 atk/dex, half a crown’s worth of extra dps. not sure which would have a bigger effect, but I wouldn’t call this “impressive” or “worthless” either way.

9. Winterthorn

it’s not that great, to be blunt. also once again, the projectiles move very slowly, making it even more worthless. I’m 89% sure you can do better than this.

10. Oblivion
probably ok in glands, useless everywhere else.

11. Glacial Bulwark

I agree wholeheartedly, with one tiny little problem:

while it may seem silly to point out that you’re completely dwarfing a non-midnight star LoD ut, fire dragon battle armor actually gets used. if this were a thing, fire dragon battle armor would become as pointless as the rest,

12. ???
I’m pretty sure I know what this is, I made a veeeeeeeeeery large sprite for it.

I was going more for balance than creativity with this one.

Yeah, it was made during Kabam’s abandonment of the game.

Very true. It’ll need some work.[quote=“Xaklor, post:143, topic:3890”]
not bad, but in light of the recent necro buff, I would suggest reducing the max berserk time to 3s. also I would remove the def and hp boosts, since this skull is supposed to be sacrificing survivability for offense
[/quote]

Yeah, I forgot about the buff while rebalancing this. I’ll change it.

I guess it’s kind of a failed concept at this point.

Huh. I actually didn’t notice that. Anyway, I think the damage is justified on a helm, as it has a cooldown and a tiny radius.

Yeah, my main reasoning behind this was to make a 1-shot staff for higher Def enemies. It’s not meant to be a staff for all encounters. The lower shot speed increases an emphasis on skillful use, in my opinion.

Yeah, it could use a reduction. I’ll do it.

It’s meant to fill a smaller niche, not something crazy.

When I made this (or katanas in general) I try to think of it with a balanced version of Doku, rather than its currently OP state. Although, it should’ve been made with that in mind.

True. The thought passed my mind once or twice while making it, but only a while after posting did I realize how broken it was. I’ll change it.

Yeah, it’s meant to, once again, be pretty niche. I’d see it as useful on the Trickster or Huntress/Archer, as well, though.

Yeah, I’d compare it to something like the Coral Ring.

Yeah, ST’s need to either be reworked or removed.

I’d say this is a bit more powerful for dagger DPS, as the Curse provides a 20% damage boost. I can’t do the math at the moment, but I feel as if the Curse would help more than the +3 Att/Dex.

Admittedly, this is one of my worst ideas.

True, though I feel like it would be nice to use for any sort of crowd clearing.

I’d say that the issue is that Fire Armor requires a small buff, maybe providing extra of its 3 extra bonuses.

Yep, that’s it.
Thanks again for that!

Also, thanks for commenting on this! Feedback is always helpful.

i guess ill comment now, although your ideas werent that creative, they were more simple (which is what rotmg is). So its just a style i guess. Also most of these are probably a drop in a dungeon you made or something, so it doesnt have to be as creative

But the thing i like the most, it feels like you think of an item/name, something that sounds cool, and based your idea from there. Meaning your names are pretty awesome.

Yea atrapper you did a really sweet job with the item names I like how each of them go with the effect of the item and Sprite

One problem i have with the armor is that it feels a bit too…Fire Dragon Armor-ish, attack boosts are already incorporated into that armor, so this is a similar version of that very armor, the difference in stats might be a good point, but i don’t feel that UT’s are supposed to be this similar to each other.

@Scorchmist That’s exactly how I did some of the later ones, like Winterthorn. Obviously, it turned out poorly made, but it was aesthetically one of my favorites.
@Rammernaut I see Fire Armor as more of a jack of all trades, while this is a simple DPS armor.

I won’t question your work any further, but this still seems somewhat FDBA-ish, and i feel that ice is more of a defensive element, so maybe make it a def- based armor?

Still love your other works, day 12 is prob gonna be great

I was thinking on the premise that ice is brittle and breaks easily, but this armor’s enchantment increases the wearer’s offensive capabilities.

Just wait until later. It’ll be awesome.

Day 12
This is it. It’s finally Day 12. That means that I’ll be releasing a highly ambitious project that I’ve recently been working on.
Now, due to its immense size, I’ll be releasing it on a new thread. So, here it is!
Thread

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.