Bow of Ashmedai

Should i use internet explorer on a macbook :cry:

I created a new sprite for the Bow of Ashemedai :slight_smile:
I feel like it turned out really good. I also got acces to the DPS Calculator and finally realized how broken the bow was! :open_mouth: Thanks for the help @HeyItsWii I did some rework of the bow and changed the gap style so the bow more unusual than normal bows :slight_smile:

Step one: I had to create the new sprite.
As said i felt like it turned out pretty good :slight_smile: And what more important is that its not 8x8!

Step two: I now had to create the shot pattern and the new “arrows” .
The “arrows” i have right now is not what my first idea looked like. I just wanted to keep the “Demonic” Aspect of if.
To the shot pattern i didnt want a normal shot pattern i wanted something that would make it harder to aim so the armor piercing wouldnt be to op

Step 3 and the last step: I had to create a realistic DPS
At the end i feel like i created a balanced bow. It’s op for bosses with high Armor but also not too op since it worse again enemies with no armor. Also you would have harder to hit the shots. Plus it doesnt hit mutible enemies, this will make the bow good for end-game bosses.

The bow of Ashemedai is the T0. Now heres the new stats of the bow.

Bow of Ashmedai

• Tier: UT
  • Shots: 2 (Arc gap 20°)
  • Damage: 30-90 (average: 60 / total 120
  • Range: 7.2 Tiles (True range: 2.84)
  • Effect: Shots pierce through armor
  • Lifetime 400 Milliseconds
  • Projectile speed: 18 t/s
  • Stat bonus: +3 Vitality
  • Rate of Fire: 110%
  • Fame bonus: 6%
  • Soulbound

Please give feedback on the “Arrow” I wasnt so sure about it myself. :slight_smile:

The idea is cool, but I think it should have another drop location.

The bow out dps-es dbow at 106 def, and out dps-es Void bow at 138 def. I like the idea of an armour piercing bow, but this would get very little use from me when compared to dbow or Vbow.

When i had the idea of creating the Bow of Ashmedai, i didn’t have in mind to create a bow that out damaged everyother bow. I wanted to create a bow good for bosses with more HP This is why i started with the bleed. I thought it did more DPS to enemies with more HP. That didnt work out so i changed the Bleed effect to armor pierce which now gave the effect and DPS i wanted. I see that theres like 0 bosses with 150 armor which could lead to a higher average DPS on the bow.
Thanks for the respons @HorusKane I’ll look on another average DPS :slight_smile:

Just increase the fire rate to 115%, this will allow it to out dps dbow at 70 def, which includes shatters bosses and stone guardians, and it will out dps Vbow at 126 def.

Problem is just that theres no bosses with that much armor :stuck_out_tongue: I believe stone guardians has the most armor ingame. They have 80 Defense.
I created a new DPS with 75-95 and a Rate of Fire on 106% which will lead to Bow of Ashemedai being usefull against enemies with 30+ armor.

75-95 at 106% would entirely out dps doombow and make it useless.

No it wouldn’t. The advantage of dbow here is that it has a normal shot-pattern. This bow has almost the same pattern as the Staff of Esben, and we all know how useful that is.

Even if it out-dps’d dbow at 5 def, dbow would still be a much better weapon.

So what youre saying is that i should give it more DPS or RoF. Or should i make the Shot pattern like the cbow?

most armor in the game is 1000

I’m not saying anything except that Horus was completely wrong just then.

Idk I don’t really have any thoughts on the concept or balance of this bow as a whole. It’s a good idea currently so yes gj.

But. Should i change the DPS? i feel like its balanced since it shouldnt be too OP

? Wiki says stone guardians has 80 Defense

I think the dps is fine currently, from what I’ve skimmed.

Okay thanks for taking your time :slight_smile:
I appreciate it :heart:

The problem is that it completely out dps-es dbow, dbow has a much much lower dps on all levels.

So what youre saying is that it should have less DPS

Yes, it should out dps dbow at like 40-60 def, it shouldn’t outright overpower it at all defense values.

@HorusKane Bosses only have 25-60 defense. so i see 35 armor as a good aspect. i created a new DPS calculation :slight_smile: Let me know what u think.

Not stone guardians though, it is the tormented golem