Chasm of Great Evil Sets/Items (MOVED)

This post has taken the place of this one, as the linked post is the full idea rather than the items.

Before I say anything about the sets I’m going to post here, know that:

• This is a very old idea that I’m bringing back to life. These are meant to be from an endgame dungeon based around the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and the Seven Deadly Sins.
  • The stats are something that I took very close consideration of when making them, and I made sure that there aren’t any severe oversights when applying stats to them. I also did not see it as very helpful to add any Feed Power to them, since I’m not someone that typically feed items.
  • I didn’t mention it before now, but this was actually something that I was developing with WunderWafe! If he comes back around more actively, it’d be a blast to see him here.

Additional Note:

• I’ve now made all of the items that drop from the Mini-Bosses, the Seven Deadly Sins, as well as Conquest, the secret boss!

Sets

Death

Reaper’s Scythe

A scythe of myth and legend, coming from the mythical figure of Death itself. Be weary if you stand in its wake.

Damage: 150 - 180
Range: 2.9
Shot Speed: 14
Rate of Fire: 110%
Shots hit multiple targets
Ignores target defense
On Equip:
+2 Attack
Fame Bonus: 6%

Cursed Circle

Marked with the blood of countless victims, this shuriken rips directly through enemies and their armor with the help of ancient black magic.

When Key Held:
Damaging
Slowed
Drain 10 MP/sec
When Key Released:
Damage: 566 - 766
Range: 9.6
Shot Speed: 16
Shot Effect:
Armor Broken for 2.6 Seconds
On Equip:
+3 Attack
MP Cost: 105
Cooldown: 1.5 Seconds

Tunic of the Reaper

The blood of an ancient reaper remains forever stained against this cloak. Even still, it remains a very powerful piece of armor.

On Equip:
+15 Defense
+4 Attack
+4 Dexterity
-5 Speed

Skull Amulet

It is said that this amulet is marked with a death curse for any who dare to wear it, or even look upon its face.

On Equip:
+75 Maximum HP
+5 Defense
+5 Attack
+5 Dexterity
-5 Speed

This set is based around dealing heavy damage with risk put into play. By reducing the range on the katana by a very good amount, it gives it a high risk/high reward factor that is typically used for melee classes. By removing speed in the overall set, it gives a generous amount of offensive power in return. After all, Death isn’t known for being quick. Adding Armor Break to the Circle helps to give the class a more unique feel overall, considering that there is only one item that can Armor Break in the game as of right now. The same can be said of Dazed, sure, but that’s where the next set comes in.

Pestilence

Venomous Blade

A wondrously dark dagger steeped in the most vile venom imaginable. The venom’s properties give a kick that would make even the gods of the Tomb tremble.

Damage: 85 - 165
Range: 5.25
Rate of Fire: 105%
Ignores target defense

Gnarly Venom

An eerily dark venom that can barely be contained even within the bottle it is kept in. Its effects are so vicious that it hinders the enemy’s ability to function temporarily.

Poison Grenade:
600 Damage in 3 Squares over 3 Seconds (150 impact damage)
Enemy Effect:
Slowed for 2.4 Seconds in 3 Squares
Dazed for 1.2 Seconds in 2 Squares
On Equip:
+25 Maximum MP
Cooldown: 2 Seconds
MP Cost: 115

Toxic Leather Armor

This piece of leather is imbued with a ghastly venom, altered with magic to provide qualities to the user that others cannot.

On Equip:
+15 Defense
+35 Maximum MP
+3 Attack
+2 Dexterity

Memento of the Plaguebearer

An immortal reminder of the devastating effects of Pestilence.

On Equip:
+50 Maximum HP
+85 Maximum MP
+5 Defense
+2 Attack
+2 Dexterity
+5 Speed

The idea behind this set is to drain the enemy bit by bit in a way that is keen to the Assassin. By utilizing the poisons of the Assassin in a way that isn’t already in the game by adding status effects to them, it gives a new twist that could help the Assassin stand out more. The items are still able to stand by themselves just fine, too. The dagger’s ability to pierce armor but not pierce makes it stand out from the Stinger enough, and it’s comparable to tiered daggers for damage output. The rest of the items are a good fit for any class, as they’re balanced out to an extent.

War

Blade of Wrath

An ancient weapon, imbued with the spirits of a thousand warlords that seek nothing but blood.

Damage: 260 - 280
Range: 2.3
Rate of Fire: 110%
On Equip:
-3 Speed

Warlord’s Helm

A blood red helmet with golden horns to signify the call of a true warrior.

Party Effect:
Berserk for 7 Seconds in 4 Squares
Damaging for 2.5 Seconds in 4 Squares
Enemy Effect:
250 Damage in 4 Squares
Effect on Self:
Sick for 2.5 Seconds
On Equip:
+12 Defense
-2 Speed
Cooldown: 9 Seconds
MP Cost: 100

Furor Impius Induti Loricam

Berserk spirits are infused with this plate of armor. It calls out the name of those that the wearer wishes death upon the most.

On Equip:
+20 Defense
+6 Attack
-5 Speed

Spirit of War

The flaming spirit of the most vicious horseman of them all. It burns with rage unlike any other.

On Equip:
+3 Defense
+5 Dexterity
+10 Speed

This set has a similar idea to the Death set, but its execution makes it more unique to that set in a way that will affect the Warrior more in a Warrior way, or any class that wears the items. By sacrificing a substantial amount of range for the sword, it is given a very hefty attack boost that makes it not get in the way of Sword of the Colossus, but still match it fairly well in a way that makes it unique. The Helm reflects the brute ways of War quite well, as well as giving a duration of Berserk one second longer than any Tiered helm; however, its cooldown is 2 seconds after that fades, rather than one, making it hard to simply say “I want to use this one!”. The other items will work well on any class, especially the ring, as it gives a very generous 10 Speed to negate the -10 Speed of the set while also giving other stats to help the wearer.

Famine

Horrific Bow or Pterasitic Bow

A disgusting bow that’s covered in a parasitic disease that reaks of decay. Whatever this bow used to be made of, it cannot be distinguished now.

Shots: 4
Damage: 140
Range: 6
Shot Speed: 7
Shots curve
Rate of Fire: 40%
On Equip:
+1 Attack
+1 Dexterity
-10 Maximum HP
-3 Vitality
(This bow’s shots act like the Horrow Maw shots.)

Decaying Trap

A vile trap that will rot away at anything that comes into contact with it. This used to be used in competition to the many plagues of Pestilence, but it now rests as the seed of different disasters.

Trap: 350 Damage in 4 Squares
1 second to arm
Triggers within 2 Squares
Duration: 15 seconds
Traps enemies that enter its range
Deals 100 Damage per second
Steals 25 HP per second for every target in range
Maximum “Trap” Duration: 4 Seconds (This is the amount of time an enemy can be stuck in the trap.)
On Equip:
+2 Attack
+2 Dexterity
-3 Speed
-2 Vitality
MP Cost: 125
Cooldown: 3 Seconds

Infected Leather Armor

According to ancient myths, this leather used to be that of an ancient hero, destined to defeat the Four Horsemen… unfortunately, he failed, and his fine armor is now under the control of infection.

On Equip:
+18 Defense
+2 Attack
+2 Dexterity
+3 Speed
-40 Maximum HP

The Cursed Ring

This ring was once said to cure any illness and mend all wounds to those that wore it. Its effects are now sapped from it by a decay that never ends, negating its infinite power.

On Equip:
+50 Maximum HP
+75 Maximum MP
+2 Attack
+2 Dexterity
+2 Speed
+5 Vitality

The first thing you might think of when looking at the set is “omg it’s based on parasite chambers it should drop there111”. Honestly, though, I have something better that this could act as: a precursor to the Parasite Chambers. Considering that Famine is meant to act as decay, I added that to most of these for the concept itself, but Famine also is something that takes over people, and it literally means “hunger”, which is bound to starvation. If you deprive an organism of a food source, it’ll decay. So, these go hand in hand much better than some might think.

As for the actual stats themselves, I wanted to use the basis of the Horror Maw for the shots because I always saw them as the Horrow Maw shooting a bow out of his face, and I thought that was hilarious. So, I used it for the bow, and gave it the same effect as that… and honestly, I think it works well! The set itself is meant to just be different in its own way, with different attributes being put with different pieces. For the trap, the idea of actually trapping enemies is something I’ve wanted to see, so I did it myself. Stealing away the life of enemies gradually is as well. The Armor and the Ring both coincide to give balance to each other, as well as balancing the rest of the set at the same time. Everything works together for adding DPS, and each have their own uses outside of the set as well that could work on other classes. (Except the Trap, because Huntress only. Duh.)

Individual Items

Standalone Items

(Items will be posted from Left to Right.)

Seal of the Boastful

The soul of the sin of Pride, latched onto a remarkably unusual seal marked with unrecognizable signs. Its effects are just as odd as its design.

Party Effect:
Damaging for (2.7 if Wis < 30; 2.7 + [3 x wis/17] if Wis >= 30) seconds in (4.5 if Wis < 30; 4.5 + [3 x wis/100] if Wis >= 30) squares
Berserk for (2.7 if Wis < 30; 2.7 + [3 x wis/17] if Wis >= 30) seconds in (4.5 if Wis < 30; 4.5 + [3 x wis/100] if Wis >= 30) squares
Effect on Self:
Speedy for 3 Seconds
Sick for 5 Seconds
Armor Broken for 3 Seconds
On Equip:
+5 Attack
+20 Maximum HP
Cooldown: 2 Seconds

This Seal is meant to provide huge Offense without providing any Health or regeneration, as to push the Paladin in a very offensive direction. However, it’s a risky item to use, as you get Sick for 5 Seconds and Armor Broken for 3. You do get that sweet 3 Seconds of Speedy to get away quick if need be, too. The stats also help. Pride wouldn’t care, though, since he can’t die! (Except he did.)

Lantern of the Lost

The soul of Conquest contained within a bright lantern acquired deep into the depths of the Chasm. It provides light to those that hold it, but it requires a hand, and makes it harder to attack.

On Equip:
+210 Maximum HP
+5 Defense
-40 Maximum MP
-4 Attack
-4 Dexterity
-4 Speed
Fame Bonus: 7%

This item is a very endgame ring much like the Omnipotence Ring. However, this does not serve balance so much as it serves another purpose: surviving. This will give you a huge amount of Defensive power, but will hinder your ability to do optimum damage. Ironic it drops from something that can’t see…

Stolen Bag of Riches

The soul of the sin of Greed, latched onto the last of his reapings of countless unaware victims of theft. It rattles every time you move, which creates a fun jingle.

Fires shots instead of throwing poison
Shots: 3 (10 degrees)
Damage: 300 - 400
Range: 5.7
Shot Speed: 10
Shots hit multiple targets.
On Equip:
+7 Attack
+5 Speed
-5 Dexterity

This is meant to be a different take on the Assassin, due to the fact it replaces the typical Poison with actual shots that can be fired. This will not ultimately change how the class is played, but it will give it a bit of a twist on its normal mechanic if you’re willing to spend the extra Mana to do a bit more damage at close range. The stats can reflect the way of a thief: you want to be careful with your hands but also quick, and being more careful means better precision. I wonder how mad Greed must be that you’re throwing his coins everywhere…

Shield of Eternal Rage

The soul of the sin of Wrath, latched onto a shield which forever has a flame burning at its center. Being a metaphorical brother to War, they share similar tastes.

Shots: 8 (45 degrees)
Damage: 600 - 850
Range: 2.7
Shot Speed: 18
Shots ignore target defense.
Shots ignore obstacles.
Enemy Effect:
Stunned for 1 Second
On Equip:
+15 Defense
+3 Dexterity
-5 Speed

This Shield is basically the EP of shields. It’s made for huge offensive power if you’re willing to take the risk of sitting directly on top of an enemy, costing a bit more MP and having a Cooldown as well as a bit of a drawback. The way that the 8 shots work reflects that of the Stone Knight from Shatters, because that type of shield isn’t at all overused. War would be proud in Wrath. Too bad he’s dead.

Tome of the Glutton’s Paradise

The soul of the sin of Gluttony, latched onto a very unusually-made tome. While it fulfills the user and their allies quite a healthy amount, it adds a full sensation to its user.

Heal: (315 if Wis < 30; 315 + wis x 2 if Wis >= 30) in (3.5 if Wis < 30; 3.5 + wis/45 if Wis >= 30) squares
Party Effect:
Healing for (4.5 if Wis < 30; 4.5 + [3 x wis/100] if Wis >= 30) seconds in (3.5 if Wis < 50; 3.5 + wis/45 if Wis >= 30) squares
Effect on Self:
Slowed for 2 Seconds
On Equip:
-5 Speed
+65 Maximum HP
MP Cost: 110

This Tome is meant for massive HP heals, as shown by just how much it heals allies. The range is much lower to compensate for this, as well as the Slow on self and less Healing/Healing Range than normal, and a 1.5 second Cooldown. Since Gluttony is basically known as overeating, I went for the concept of overhealing instead, with detriment to yourself in the process. I bet Gluttony would spam this all day if he could.

Skull of Relentless Lust

The soul of the sin of Lust, latched onto her very skull with a fine tiara included. It hunts and hungers for endless power, and is not afraid to sap every last bit of life from its target.

Damage: (200 wis < 50; 200+[wis-50]x5 if 50 >= wis)
Defense Ignored: 30
Radius: 3.33
Heal: 200
Heal Range: 6 (+0.6 for every 12 wis above 50)
On Equip:
+100 Maximum HP
-5 Defense
MP Cost: 145
Cooldown: 1 Second

Disclaimer: This form of Lust is not the type of Lust that you all might be thinking. (Bunch of yiffers…)
The concept of this Skull is purely for the fact that it can heal a lot of Health while also having a bit more damage as well. However, it takes a lot more MP and has a little bit of a Cooldown as well, making it so that it can’t be spammed. The little tiara is just a cosmetic, because every Lust needs their princessdom.

Armored Tortoise Shell

The soul of the sin of Sloth, latched onto an unusually heavy plate of armor. It is very strong, and even has magical capabilities that provide the wearer with power, but hinders movement.

On Equip:
+18 Defense
+50 Maximum HP
+3 Attack
+3 Dexterity
-10 Speed

Hey, remember that armor that War drops? How about we up the ante a bit and give it more DPS for less Speed? Huh? Huh?! No? Okay. Sloth is hella slow, but I could easily imagine him being super tough just to balance things out. Unless it’s the one from the Netflix Original Series…

bwoooong

Envious Spirit

The soul of the sin of Envy, latched onto the end of a wand cursed with a seal of darkness. Its soul sways from left in right in attempts to gaze upon anything around it.

Damage: 115 - 175
Range: 9.76
Shot Speed: 18
Rate of Fire: 90%
Shots ignore target defense.
Shots spin in a spiral, moving outwards.
On Equip:
+25 Maximum MP

Hey, what’s that over there? Hey, what’s this over here? Well, that’s exactly what this Wand wants to know, since the way that it shoots is like a spiral. It has a good amount more DPS than a lot of wands, but it has a gimmick that makes it a bit difficult to use in conventional play and it takes a master to wield it to perfection. Now take it around the world and show those Medusas who’s boss! Envy will cry about now having that good of hair anyways.

Bracelet of Shadows

A containment of shadows, the most evil of spirits in existence. Within it sits a force of power forbidden to mortals.

On Equip:
+75 Maximum HP
+75 Maximum MP
+3 Defense
+3 Dexterity
+3 Wisdom

This little bracelet is, in essence, a ring that is made to be a slight upgrade to rings like Expo, giving stats that will benefit any class just as well as it would others it is placed on. The Wisdom makes it good for classes that have Wis modifiers, the Defense/HP/MP is good for any class, and all classes benefit from Dexterity. This would drop at a very low rate from all of the shadow enemies that will be featured in the Chasm.

Thanks for reading… again!

It’s been a lot of fun making the drops for this, even if there isn’t an actual dungeon that this could drop from yet. (Wink wink.) Now that you have all the items, gawk at your heart’s content.

"Casting Call" for Spriters

Kinda fits the same role as the stinger

Daze on poisons is pretty op

Absolutely love the sprites tho

Dagger
This does not have the pierce of the Stinger, and instead has a bit more range as well as more damage. This gives it a unique edge over Stinger, as it boasts more DPS while not having its regular piercing capabilities.

Poison
Keep in mind, there is a 2 second cooldown on the poison in order to use it. At the same time, it is only a staggering 1.2 seconds, whereas Quiver of Thunder deals an entire 5. The Slowed on it is something that I’d see as more helpful in the long run, quite honestly.

All the sets seem pretty cool, and the poison reminds me of a poison I made in a different set (yours is way stronger though)

My main problem is with the helmet, it seems way too strong with waaaaay too many effects, maybe remove the healing and the sick?

I can see the issue had with the Healing, but I feel the Sick works out fine. I’ll remove the Healing but keep the Sick so it keeps its riskier playstyle.

:eyes:
I see what you did there…

Definitely a main ring. :ok_hand: perfect.

Gnarly Venom

Not so sure about this. Might as well just lower the MP cost by 5-10.

War Set

• Sprites = Perfect
  • Sword = how many shots?
  • Helm = Beserk feels a bit excessive, maybe 6.5?
  • Ring = Mediocre

All good though. Sprites definitly do not disappoint. Good Job bud :+1:

Circle

:wink:

Ring #1

Considerably better than the Cult ring. lol.

Poison

I mean, same could be said about the 40 MP on Vile Spirit.

War

One shot for sword.
Berserk on the Helm isn’t too bad where it sits. If I reduce the time to 6.5, I’ll reduce the cooldown to 8.
The ring is more meant to balance out the rest of the set while still being able to be used by itself. It’s a much better alternative to the Candy Ring for speed, and it still provides beneficial stats.

You defend your items well, great amount of knowledge and common sense…Redox awards you:

10.1/10

I want that Reaper set. if you make a dope skin this could win a competition. love the sprites btw could care less about the stats

i fucking love the sprites and the stats all seem pretty balanced. aren’t there four horsemen though? so there should be four sets right? or i missing something lmao

Bottom of the post.
“Pestilence is still not currently made. When I make it, I’ll add it to this post.”

you should change either the katanna or the star because the star armor breaks, but the katanna already pierces armor

The Katana and the Circle both are standalone items that can be used by themselves for a particular reason. While you can pierce armor with the Katana by itself, if you prefer having good range, then you can use a regular katana and use the Circle with it to get the Armor Pierce regardless without needing to have a Knight with Ogmur to do it. Consider it like this.

• You have the Katana, but not the Circle. If you’re willing to take the risk of going up and doing damage in the 2.9 range, you’ll get the beneficial DPS from it.
  • You have the Circle, but not the Katana. You don’t need to have the Katana or an Ogmur Knight in order to deal Armor-Piercing damage, and other people can do it as well. You can also hold down spacebar to get Damaging for the price of being Slowed.
  • You have the Katana and the Circle. You can take the risk of going up and doing damage in the 2.9 range and getting the beneficial DPS, but you can also Armor Break a target so that others can get much easier DPS in as well. You can also hold down spacebar to get Damaging for the price of being Slowed, which allows even higher DPS on the Katana if you’re by yourself or there is no Paladin.

The way that it’s made, it can be a class used for selfishness and DPS, but it can also be used to help out others that are not able to pierce armor while making it so that Ogmur isn’t the only thing capable of breaking armor, considering it’s a very rare event white. As a set, the circle is more to help other people, whereas by itself, the circle can be used a bit more selfishly while still being of support, and the katana is heavy DPS for close range regardless. The damage on the circle is sufficient to be standalone, as it’s just around Ice Star’s damage, and it gives Damaging and Slowed rather than Speedy. It’s essentially the Cloak of Bloody Surprises and Shield of Ogmur of Circles combined into one, but in a way that doesn’t make it too powerful, as you either get that Slowed or you have a cooldown before you can throw again.

ohhh my bad haha

i get that they are both good items, but the main job of a set is to work good together, which most of the sets in-game dont do a very good job of, so i guess it would be ok xD

They already do work together well, due to the Damaging given from the “When Key Held” effect provided by the Circle. It’s just not in the way that you might find typical is all. ;p

Not to be rude here, but I think you meant Famine is not finished, as you already have the Pestilence Assasin Set.

Fix for that coming right up.

Am I the only one who thinks that helm is REALLY OP? Like, the first thing I thought when I saw that helm is “Mmm, that sure would be OP on a Warrior with a Cutlass.”

Do keep in mind that the Cooldown is two seconds after Berserk goes away rather than one, and that there is also Sick for 2.5 seconds(the same duration as Damaging). It also costs a quite high amount.