Deca should add hide players feature to the game

Adding a hide players feature would be great to have and reduce the lag i get from big servers like uswest2 and such. This could help others too with lag and improve performance, while others if they don’t want to hide players they can keep it off. So its an optional decision in the game you could turn off and on to hide players or they will be shown.

I can think of many reasons why this would be a bad idea.

like what?

1. Healing/ getting heals from others

2. Giving/recieving buffs

3. Staying with a group in dungeons (it’d be quite annoying having to look back and forth from minimap).

4. Trolling and Dragging (harder to identify people).

5. The player themself could become a dragger since you wouldn’t be able to see where you’re dragging enemies too (could accidentally screw over the group).

6. Teleporting (Would be a little weird teleporting to people you can’t even see).

7. It wouldn’t seem like a co-operative game any longer if you couldn’t even see the people you were playing online with.

(Of course it would be optional, but the first 3 would be a recurring problem nevertheless if you selected it)
There are probably a few more that I could name, so if any spring to mind I’ll continue the list.

You can always just turn it off

:point_up:

Oh lawl. Anyways, for the healing problem, if you look on your nearest character and locked players menu, you should see if a priest is nearby (this applies to big crowds of people)

True true

People don’t tend to care if they buff as many people as possible, also this would be toggle-able, it wouldn’t be always on, they could even set it as a keybind so people can turn it on and off without having to enter their menu.

Either put shadows on or toggle off when you want to get in the middle of the group.

either toggle it or look at them on the minimap.

They’d have to be [less intelligent [OB]] for this to be an issue.

Also, if this was a problem for you you could just toggle it off.

Literally just your opinion that it would be “weird”

You’re still in the game with them and are affected by their actions, if a priest heals you still get healed.

Also, this can be resolved if you just toggle it off.

People that play priest or buff classes don’t tend to look out to see if they’re buffing the most people as possible or if people are low health, they buff when either they need it or want to.

Ok

Im not trying to text-wall you, Im just pointing out that pretty much all of your concerns are covered by the OP already by making it a toggle-able option, and everything else isn’t affected by this idea it’s based on the specific person that is playing such as self-buffers, they wouldn’t be looking to buff the entire group anyway.

Also, in areas where this would be most helpful, such as LH, being able to see other players doesn’t help you identify classes, as there are so many people it’s nearly impossible to see individual players well.

sound like an option a hacked client hasssssssssss

The General Chat Thread

It’s optional, and it would make MUCH MUCH better gameplay for people with bad comps.

Maybe not [copy a pserver] [OB]?

@OtherBill Okie :slight_smile:

The whole point to why i think it should be a thing.

No. People need to flex them skins and divine pets.

yeah thats the only motivation for getting them

to flex

No, it’s not the only motivation. But we’re talking about hiding players and, I assume, their pets as well.

It’s the relevant motivation.

people will obviously stop buying ambrosia if their pets dont show on other peoples screen

pet motivation is like 99.999999999% for stats and 0.00000000000000000001% for looks

:thinking: