Defender class V2

So i decided to rework my first iteration of the idea: Defender class
Stats and most of the sprites are the same, and i’ll be focusing on ability the most.
The ability:
Armor plate
Screenshot_83
At tiers 0-4 it gives armored buff to yourself, while dazing you as well
For reference, at tier 0 you’ll be armored for 2 seconds, and dazed for 3, and both times will increase as tiers progress.
At tier 5 and up, Armored gets replaced with invurnerable, and dazed with stunned, and you’ll give armored buff to allies nearby, for 1 second shorter, than invurnerable on yourself.
And to prevent cheesing, all negative status effects inflicted to yourself, cannot be removed by items that would usually do that, ex. Holy water, Tome of Purification.

Dungeon: Rendonian base

The sprites are all sub-par, and the ability “rework” is horrible. For the most part, what this armor thing does is just a shit jugg from tiers 0-4 and a shit oreo from tiers 5-8. And why is dazed is replaced with stunned? The abilities are supposed to get better with each tier upgrade, not worse. I’m not sure if you know what dazed and stunned does, but dazed sets dex to 0, meaning that you can still fire, albeit very slowly, but getting stunned means that you cannot fire at all.

I’m fairly certain that you haven’t done any research into this, and if you have, it wasn’t nearly enough. We don’t need this class at all because crystal shield exists. To add onto that, why the fuck do we need a bullet sponge class if piercing shots exist? I’m not even mentioning the fact that this class can’t have their debuffs removed, which is just the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard of in a class idea. You call it cheesing, but that’s not fucking cheesing, it’s literally just an extremely shit jugg, considering jugg gives armored and berserk without any useless debuffs, on top of a warrior’s amazing natural stat caps. And speaking of stats, where are the stat caps for this class? Unlock requirements?

This class does not bring any sort of buffs or utility that other classes don’t already possess. An array of items can give its user armored. Oreo and Crystal shield gives its user invul. Marble seal gives party armored. And NONE of these come with unnecessary debuffs.

TL;DR
Useless class.

While I agree with some of your opinions… rude much? Maybe try to be encouraging instead of just putting another person’s ideas down.

Tbh, I don’t really see anything I can encourage out of this class idea. The sprites aren’t presentable, there is an obvious misplacement of info (stats, unlock req, etc), the ability is literally unusable, and, well, honestly I wouldn’t see anyone using this class.

Unless this class has base 75 att and 75 dex, I really don’t see this thing having any looting potential, and even then, having such high stat caps with such a non-dps centric ability will make it such a pain to max since you’re probably gonna get pb over and over and over

Really told him eh boss?

The general concept is “creative” but I don’t think this execution fits the game in most ways sadly.

Again that is your opinion, but at least it is a new idea that can be developed and worked on. I agree that the ability is basically a jugg/oreo but again this forum is for IDEAS and not just completed, amazing works.

And as for classes for looting potential… have you heard of the priest? Easy damage and loot smh. Your opinion on damage seems very skewed on your own experience.

Let’s try to break things down in a more constructive way.

Immediately, we get to the first problem – a negative effect on a tiered ability. No tiered ability has this, and nor do I feel like it will find a good place in this game. Also, Armored is useless for early-game.

Also not very viable. Why? Invulnerability is an effect that (IMO) should be kept exclusive to UT items. I’m not a big fan of having T5 abilities giving you the opportunity to tank ridiculous shotguns. Secondly, we hit the “bigger good, bigger bad” aspect. We see this in some UT equipments. A random example would be the Cloak of Bloody Surprises. It gives you a DPS boost (bigger good) but slows you (bigger bad). I’m personally against this scale of increasing the good while increasing the bad as well. Why? Because a T0 Armor Plate could be just as good as a T6 Armor Plate. People would say, “Guys, I need a T4 Armor Plate because I don’t like the T6’s stun.” That leads in the T6 Armor Plate potentially being worse than lower tiers.

@BaconSM I’m on hiatus on this game for unknown period of time, and this reply, instead of upsetting me, gave me a good laugh, as i’m used to seeing people rage, and find it funny, all of that aside, i don’t think you red all of first iteration post, because if you had, you wouldn’t ask this:

▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

I tried my hardest to make this class not too OP, and i don’t care whether it is useless class or not, i just tried to recreate my childhood fantasy.

Do i look like a new player to you? Also, i’ve noticed that you’re not paying much attention to when you wrote your reply, power of rage i guess.

Pretty sure this was posted before that happened, or it did, but i wasn’t aware of it.

I never called it that, so not sure where you’re getting this from.
In conclusion, this was idea for fun, and to get it out of my system, but i never expected people taking ideas for pixel-style MMO that seriously.

The Crystal Shield existed for a bit longer than 24 days.

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I was tired and didn’t realize you were being sarcastic. I’ll leave my original reply here for the laughs and so that you aren’t confused.

Original reply:

Wait no it’s been out for much longer, a few months at least! It’s been out since summer 2019 right, with a rework in between (can’t remember when that was or if it did actually get reworked, but it was part of that when they were reworking Cavern UTs)

Dispeller class

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.