Demonic Legion Set

I made these for a private server I worked on for fun but abandoned a while ago. So I decided to share em with you guys :smiley:

Petrified Edge

A once standard issue bow for scouts of the demonic legion during The Ethereal Wars. Now Discarded in favor of more unholy firepower.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Range: 7.5
  • True Range: 5.19
  • Fire Rate: 100%
  • Damage: 75
  • Armor Piercing
  • Fame Bonus: 6
  • Shots: 2
  • Arc Gap: 11
  • Feed Power: 1000
  • SoulBound

more info

A very useful bow in terms of dealing consistent damage to enemies regardless of defense, but has the downside of not being able to hit multiple targets and its fire rating hindering its full potential.

Armor of The Legion

Armor given to Legion Scouts to help them withstand the Ethereal plane during the beginning of the war. It was later discontinued when the Great Corruptor rose to power.

Stats:

• Stat Bonus: +16 DEF +4DEX +3 SPD +3 VIT -25 MP
  • Fame Bonus: 6
  • Feed Power: 700
  • SoulBound

more info

Pretty much supposed to be a buffed leaf hide with the perks of hydra, but sacrificing a significant portion of WIS an MP to do so.

Signet of Pain

A charm that grants unholy power at the cost of the wearer’s spiritual essence. Rumor has it a much more dangerous version of the charm exists somewhere within the endless expanse of the Ethereal plane.

Stats:

• Stat Bonus: +4 SPD +4 ATT +90 HP
  • Fame Bonus: 5
  • Feed Power: 500
  • SoulBound

more info

A more situational ring that trades ability usage and mobility for higher DPS and health.

Cursed Quiver of the legion

The first and only quiver ever constructed by the legion, and for good reason. Due to it being next to useless in combat and making the user feel dumber for just holding it. Attempts to destroy it proved futile, so it was left to wonder the cosmos.

Stats:

• Shots: 1
  • Status Effects: cursed for 4 seconds, slowed for 2 seconds
  • MP Cost: 75
  • Can hit multiple targets
  • Can pass through obstacles.
  • Damage: 150-200 (average: 175 per shot)
  • Stat Bonus: +3 SPD +2 DEX
  • Cooldown: 5 Seconds
  • Fame Bonus: 5
  • Feed Power: 600
  • SoulBound

more info

A trash UT that rivals the worthlessness of the Weird Spell Extraction Device. Highly situational, but useful if daze is something you like I guess.

Now no longer trashy!

Thanks for reading. All Criticism is welcome, even for the quiver.

EDIT++
General
Replaced old sprites with newer ones.
Quiver
Replaced useless WIS debuff with SPD/DEX and changed the daze effect to cursed. Added Cooldown
Ring
Decreased overall stats, changed DEX to SPD and removed MP debuff.
Armor
Lowered stats in general to be more balanced, should now be less op.
Bow
Decreased number of shots and gave more consistent DPS and range. Added extra information.

The Sorcerer's Tower. A settlement idea

no

Could you give me a bit of information about what’s wrong with the ring? I am more than eager to balance it out.

First off, sprites are kinda bland.

Bow: Kinda sucks. Without piercing/armor piercing, requiring you to get incredibly close for full potential, and offering up a 75% firing rate, I find that there is almost no scenario where I would choose this over a doom bow or leaf bow. I know that the bow outshines leaf and doom at some points but overall, it just doesn’t feel incredibly reliable or useful.

Armor: Ah… What you forget is due to pets, wis/vit means nothing so what you’re basically offering is an armor that gives +20 def, +9 dex, +6 spd, -60 mp. In other words, nerfing this armor is a necessity. Either change spd or stop making the armor so extreme.

Ring: Slightly more balanced then the armor but once more too extreme. Additionally, remember that when creating a set, you want seperate parts to work together to create one useful set. Your set offers a bow that requires close range with -12 spd and almost no mp. Not really a good combination. Additionally, I still think it’s too much of everything. Lower, the amound of dex/atk in exchange for decrease the amount of def that the ring removes.

Quiver: No cooldown, no dice. What you’re offering is a directly buffed QoT in every way. Not okay,

Thanks for the feedback! The set should be much more balanced now.

I like it more now. However, now the ring is a bit on the bad side. It’s a directly nerfed crown.

Warrior can abuse this ring like hell.
it’s speedy can easily negate its -12 spd penalty, it doesn’t require a lot of MP with decent pet anyways, and that… 10 dex and 10 atk will make it a complete monster. And there is +90 HP. For warriors, this is practically a direct upgrade from crown.

read the rules

I don’t see the problem. It was a very short explanation of where the idea for the items came from, it wasn’t meant to be a topic on or about private servers.

not a great sprite is very bland

whats the arc gap that is very important

again super bland and the waist looks wasp thin

just a better leaf dragon, which is not what we want.

is this just a resprite ammy? there is so little contrast in this set its disgusting

oh boy another useless cyan bag ring

ARE YOU SERIOUS

50 mp is way too low, add a 5 second cooldown, dont let it pierce enemies

a good idea would be to look at some experienced spriter’s work to have a better idea of contrast principles. im pretty average but here is 1 of my ideas. i have another old one but that one was super shit

Thanks for catching that, I’ll make sure to edit that in

Actually… the ring is a white bag, lol.

yeah. I wasn’t really that good (or original) with pixel art 6 months ago.

The quiver is supposed to be used for a more supportive role, hence why it does very little damage and pierces. But I’ll try an overall buff so it can be more viable.

I’ll probably fix all of this later on tomorrow when I have the time.

Well there’s no way in hell it’s good enough to be a whitebag

That’s totally fine. My tips are try to have a large palette focused on a few core colours. Take this sprite of mine for example:
Sword%20Export
See how there are 3 main colours: dark blue, light blue and pale pink. I had about 15 total colours, each a shade or tint of one of those three. From those I could easily build form and shape. Try it out!

No, my problem is it’s too op. With this you could probably perma-slow with a common pet. Maybe even easily perma curse.

Oh, I can see what you mean now, I’ll look into the cooldown and upping the MP a bit then.
Edit:
And they’re done! I lightened them up a bit and added another color in so they don’t look as bland as they were before

(This is the ring)

oh god yes that is so much better

Thanks XD

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.