Fortress Plate {UT Item Idea}

Fortress Plate

png%20(1)

A single indestructible plate of armor broken off of The Forgotten Sentinel. Its mere presence strengthens the durability of ones armor.

Stats:

• Effect: Immune to armor break
  • Effect: Alloy Strengthen: on taking damage under 500 hp, gives armored to self for 10 seconds.
  • Cooldown: 20 seconds.
  • Stat Bonus: -10 spd, -5 vit, -5 dex, +5 def
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 900

Drops From:

• The Forgotten Sentinel

More info

So its a white bag heavy armor from The Forgotten Sentinel. Whenever you have it equipped you will permanently have immunity to armor break.

Edit- tried to nerf it some more and make the armored not always active as well as giving less def and negative stats.

Gotgot's Super-Duper-Sprite-Pile

i can already tell it’s too OP

This will need some heavy downsides to compensate for how overpowered it is. I’m not the best at balancing, but maybe a nerf to max hp, spd or offensive stats?

I’m not the best at balancing either but I don’t think it needs too much, I mean it already has less then half the def of most heavy armors and to try and make up for that most people would end up loosing the hp buffs from their rings. That with the recent nerf to armored making it only x1.5 instead of x2 makes it not too overpowered. Maybe something to compensate for the immunity to armor break though.

I got a suggestion, perhaps the armor buff activates at a certain HP scale? Say your character health goes down to 400-500 HP, and the armor buff becomes active. It turns off when the HP goes over that.

Edit
We should look into the further scope of adding the use of a time frame, to extend the capabilities of an equipment/weapon/ability.

Maxed Knight (40) + Key Cutlass (3) + Colossus (12) + Fortress Plate (10) + UB DEF (9)
x2 =

148 DEF

I’m starting to like this a lot.

To piggyback off of this and just spit some numbers, maybe the armor gives a default -6 SPD, -6 DEX just to balance out the rest of it, and it keeps the Immunity to Armor Break + consistent Armored (although it seems strong, it gives the armor an identity), but it gives absolutely 0 DEF. After dropping to that threshold of 500 HP or whatever, maybe you then gain +20 DEF, which would be increased thanks to your armored buff, making you very tanky when getting low.

With the shield that drops from decaract you can get more def.

Maybe, though I feel that no def is a bit too much of a nerf, because your already missing the 20-24ish def you’d have from that, and if you want to make up for that you have to sacrifice a ring slot which for most people means loosing 140ish hp. I do however agree that it needs some more drawbacks, I’m just not sure if those are the right ones…

Even more DEF! That’s great! /s

I see so many things wrong with this Armor. A permanent Armored effect is far too overpowered and completely ruins the concept of the Jugg and Prot. +10 DEF as well? Immune to Armor Break? This is a no on several levels.

This with no def, on a pally with no other defensive equips and with current armored (x2 def): +30 def.

This with no def, on a pally with no other defensive equips and with potential future armored (x1.5 def): +15 def.

This with no def, on a warrior with T6 helm, no other defensive equips and with current armored (x2 def): +35 def.

This with no def, on a warrior with T6 helm, no other defensive equips and with potential future armored (x1.5 def): +17 def.

This with no def, on a knight with T6 shield, no other defensive equips and with current armored (x2 def): +52 def.

This with no def, on a knight with T6 shield, no other defensive equips and with potential future armored (x1.5 def): +21 def.

This with +10 def, on a pally with no other defensive equips and with current armored (x2 def): +50 def.

This with +10 def, on a pally with no other defensive equips and with potential future armored (x1.5 def): +30 def.

This with +10 def, on a warrior with T6 helm, no other defensive equips and with current armored (x2 def): +55 def.

This with +10 def, on a warrior with T6 helm, no other defensive equips and with potential future armored (x1.5 def): +32 def.

This with +10 def, on a knight with T6 shield, no other defensive equips and with current armored (x2 def): +72 def.

This with +10 def, on a knight with T6 shield, no other defensive equips and with potential future armored (x1.5 def): +41 def.

Also factor in the significant bonus of being able to avoid armor break, and this armor is stupidly overpowered with a def stat above 0 (and still uncomfortably good when providing 0 base def).

For a second, I thought you were spamming. xD

-15 speed

the sprite seems kind of off to me

Well, I thought the numbers with the Knight in mind. I know its unfair, but you kinda have to realize the strongest possible things these items would be useful with/on, and work from there. If you balanced it for the Paladin, understanding that the armor scales off DEF, it would clearly benefit the Knight disproportionately. Someone else already crunched the numbers and you can see how powerful this thing gets with not only its DEF gain, but the immunity to Armor Break assures that your DEF will be useful no matter the situation.

My numbers make the armor at default not the greatest. If you are a maxed Knight with a T6 shield (52 DEF), assuming this thing gives 0 DEF at default, you get (52 * 1.5) 78 DEF, meaning this armor gives exactly 25 DEF directly. That is the same amount as the Dominion Armor, but you lose a fucking hefty 6 SPD and 6 DEX, making this armor pretty not that great. But once you drop below that ~500 HP threshold, and gain like +15 DEF (20 was a bit much), this armor now instead grants a whopping 56 DEF. That’s fucking huge. You can crunch the numbers for the threshold (maybe 400 HP instead? Maybe only 300 HP but you gain 20 DEF instead? Here’s where the balancing act will occur mainly), but the default status of the armor IMO, is good enough, because the stats are shitty, but that immunity to Armor Break, and the fact that I haven’t taken into consideration Rings or Weapons for armored leaves room for some crazy sets.

I made this a little while ago and just posted it now and I absolutely agree. I just like it enough to not want to change it too much though.

I can’t see this ever making sense. The problem is the armour break immunity. Armour break is annoying yes, especially to melee that rely on their armour. The more you use armour and an OP pet to tank everything, the more annoying it gets.

But that makes it an essential part of balancing the game. Along with other debilitating status effects like pet stasis, sick + quiet it acts to give pause to classes which otherwise could just walk through everything, with their pet able to heal the little damage they take from most shots.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.