Ghost King Set

The Ghost king Set Drops from the Ghost Kings spawned in the realm. They are are ST items.
I aknowledge that 2 pieces of the recently released set drop on this mob. Those would have to be moved to Septavius.

This set adds a new way of playing the knight, making him much weaker, while optimizing him for his one-of-a-kind ability.

Sword of the Rightful Ruler
Get slayed by its ungraspable blade.
+5 WIS
200-250 damage (225) - rate of fire 110%
This sword fires shots in a curved line, ending its range straight to the direction of th cursor. It fires one shot curving left, then one curving right… making it hard to hit targets in the middle of its range, or in narrow environnement.

Shield of Remanent Anger
So strong it survived the crossing to the other side.
-20 HP +10 DEF

120 MP
Shot: 1 Range: 5 Projectile Speed: 5 // Shot pierces threw obstacles and ennemies, hits multiple targets
Damage: 400
Effect: Invisible on Self for: 2+((wis-30)/15)) sec. Cooldown: duration+ 3sec.

Burden of Responsability
This armor weights on its carrier’s soul.
+20 MP +20 DEF +10 WIS

Ring of Ambition
A dream was once vowen on this ring.
+10 MP +5 DEF +15 WIS

SET BONUS STATS
+50 MP + 5 DEF + 5 SPD (not definitive)

Designer’s note:

So you don’t have to do the math:
-a fresh level 20 knight with the shield only would have a 2 sec invisibility.
-a maxed wis knight with the shield only would have a 3,3 sec invisibility.
-a maxed wis knight with the whole set would have a 5,3 sec invisibility.

The cloaking, at best, almost equalizes the one of the rogue in lenght. But it has a much higher cost, and a doubled cooldown.

The shield’s projectile is quite slow (twice the speed of the mad lab green bombs), and acts quite similar to the kageboshi, with a much higher cost , a shorter range and a slower speed. It would be quite effective to clear the minions of an abyss. It also increases the damage reach of the knight, while being of a very situational interest.

Esthetically, the ability would feel like the character’s ghost is rushing to the ennemies while the original fades away.

The other items of the set are designed so every of them is interesting the shield, while not breaking the other classes balance and avoiding duplicates. You can howsoever identify some similarities with the Armor of Ressurection and Geb’s Ring of Wisdom.
The sword is overall less effective and harder to use than the tiered Sword of Acclaim.

Overall, the set adds a fresh new playstyle for the knight, sacrificing survivability (health debuff) for an interesting while expensive ability suited for rushing or farming godlands. It would be nonetheless a bad choice for some bosses, because of its low damage and the cloaking being useless in group or volley fire situations, especially as you still have to get close to hit with the sword.

If someone can pull off a dps chart… I can’t manage to make it work.

oK, Ghost king now will drop 6Sts
Like sprites, best shields projecticle

The colors do not pay tribute to the sprites.

Considering adding speed buff/ dex debuff dependin on the feedback.

The ghost king already has a set m8

As I said, the set could be moved to septavius exclusively.

thats a fucking colossus sword

why is this is bold all shields do that

how tf does this optimize his ability

bruv lmao i would use this on pally not knight

WHY ARE YOU AMPLIFYING WIS
KNIGHT DOESNT HAVE WIS MOD
AND IT DOESNT NEED WIS

I like the effort, but I hate the idea.

How to quote?

Just a few answers:

-Didn’t know about colossus sword :confused:
-It is bold so everybody is clear about that.
-the set optimizes the knight for this peculiar ability.
-in fact I didn’t yet check the impact of that extra wis to the pally. But it would be easy to change armor and ring (lower wis buff, add spd buff and att or dex debuff) and tweark the shield formula, add a set wis buff to solve the problem. Will rework on it. Plus I don’t see that many pally wearing the geb ring… I wonder why :wink:
-is the invisibility too long? Again easy to change.

Actually that is the kind of post I am looking for!

Edit: After checking out the pally wis mod, it doesn’t seem that those wis bonus are a problem.
If you gear a pally with the set, you get a +30 WIS, which is good, but represents only:
+15 Party HP/ 0,9 squares range/ 0,8 sec heal duration.

Understand what I mean, it is a viable gear, but if we compare it to a pally with candy and decades (nothing too hard to get), would you rather have:
960 HP/ 252 MP/ 60 DEF
or
770 HP/ 282 MP/ 55 DEF + wis mod bonus
It quite depends on your playstyle, as survivability of both characters is quite alike (advantage to the first set while sacrificing dex).

I am sure that with some twerks (lower the wis buff to 20 wis with armor and ring, while improving the set bonus or the impact of the wis modded shield formula) we can orientate those items to knights mainly.

And even if you remain sceptic, why wouldn’t it be possible to implement vit mod?

the shield uses a wis mod, so if used with the whole set, extra wis would be helpful

clactipeid change back your profile pic
and the invis would make the knight a broke class :confused:

its a spooky spud, ill change it back (or to another spud) after the Halloween season ends

Could you please expand?

that total +30 wis represents a regen of 1,61 wis/sec. How can you fear it will break the shield balance lol that’s nothing compared to the regen of pets, and to the added survability value of an usual set. The other thing you can fear is that it will break the balance of Shield of Remanent Anger, again, that is jsut a question of balancing.

You fear wis mod just because it is wis mod and not applied to a pally, without doing the math behind it. Wis mod was a very good addition to the game as those stats are rendered useless by the current system. In my opinion wis and vit regen should be doubled while pet regen divided by two…

6 STs are a little overkill for one of the easiest events in the game.

As said on the second line of my first post, I suggest moving the two items of the current set to Septavius.
On the other hand, it all about drop rates. 1/100 should be fine.

cool concept, but HOLY JESUS THAT’S OP.

Also, Knight already has an ST set.

no its NOT
sure in some classes it makes sense
but it really fucks up the impression in classes
and if wis mod goes into EVERY class there might as well be a new stat that improves ability instead of wis tbh

Already has a ST set you are right :frowning:

but this set is just reskins

In which way? Yes I felt worried about resu and ring of geb…