Icy Assassin UT Set (WIP)

I thought for my first Ideas project I should go with a blue palette, because blue generally blends with greys etc. better, so I went for an ice theme. Many thanks to @Djck , @Orsome , @Skrilllexm for all the help they’ve given me!
Dagger1
Forged Ice Blade
Tier: UT
Shots: 4 (arc gap: 8°)
Damage: 20-40 (average: 120)
Projectile Speed: 40 tiles/second
Lifetime: 0.1 seconds
Range: 4 tiles (true range: 2.35 tiles)
Rate of Fire: 130%
On Equip: +5 DEF, -20 MP
This is essentially a DBlade for dagger classes. The Projectile Speed is nice and high so you can get DPS in and get out. This out damages Foul until 14 DEF, CDirk until 4 DEF, and Etherite at 2.

Poison1
Icy Brew
NOTE: This poison is non-damaging. This means that it applies its effects to all entities in it’s radius upon impact (as specified).
This is too give some variety to the assassin, rather than being a simple bomb we get some buffs instead :]
MP Cost: 120
Radius: 4 tiles
Effect: +15 DEF for 3.5 secs to allies, +35 ATK for 3.5 secs to allies, Slowed for 3.5 secs on self, Sick for 5 secs on self, Exposed for 3.5 secs to enemies.
Cooldown: 6 secs
Stat Bonus: -10 ATK, -20 MP

ArmourRedoneAgain1
Frosted Hide
Stat Bonus: +10 DEF, +6 DEX

Ring1
Frozen Talisman
Stat Bonus: +2 DEF, +4 VIT, +120 HP, -40 MP

Whole Set: +6 DEX, -10 ATK, +17 DEF, +4 VIT, +120 HP, -80 MP
Whole Set with Brew Buff: +6 DEX, +25 ATK, +32 DEF, +4 VIT, +120 HP, -80 MP

The whole concept of this set is for the assassin to essentially become a warrior – go in, facetank some hits and deal a stupid amount of damage.

DPS GRAPH

Blue is the set, with the ATK buff.
Green is an assassin DPS monster set.

If it is like warrior why wouldn’t you simply play warrior?

If you like Hollow King Necro, why not play wizzy? The point is to introduce variety to a class playstyle, for increased diversity and fun! Plus, each of these items are supposed to be usable on their own but also complement each other, so there is incentive to use all pieces.

i agree

Armour 2 less def then nil with +6 dex? Icy brew is even more OP then bloody surprises with 35 attack 10 more attack then surprises. And the ring and dagger are alright other two items OP af

@Ickabod
owo assassin

The brew has - 10 ATK as a constant, to try and encourage the use of the brew as much as possible.
The armour might be too much, though . Any suggestions?

WHats the points of having 35 attack then just make it 25

As I said, to promote use of the space bar. Maybe I can make the armour 9 Def and make the buff +20DEF…

so a class with different stats and playstyles can have more variety? this has got to be one of the dumbest questions i’ve ever heard.

sigh you obviously have no clue what balancing is…

if you have a poison with very high dps or good abilities and -10 attack then you’d want to either focus on using that ability or take it off for when you’re focusing on something else.

honestly you seem to just be criticizing stupid things that make this set really good and special for absolutely no fucking reason.

@ArexRew this set is actually really good and i believe it could make it into the game.
i think you really put a lot of thought into it and it payed off but in my personal opinion i don’t like the idea of basically just copying the seal or helm because it seems a bit bland and something different might be cooler like throwing a poison that buffs yourself and team mates but if it also hit enemies then it does x effect maybe the new effect so if you where to play super close range and plan out your move you could throw it in run up get the buff and do incredible damage and back out.

yay

should the armour be nerfed?

give the dagger 2 more def and the ability 4 more def and make the armor give 12 def maybe? which would mean 55 defense with ability and 49 without
i think that’s pretty good

to be honest if you kept everything the same it would still be good.

you might want to try emailing deca giving them your idea they might find an interest in what it is and they could help you with some balancing issues if they feel its fit for the game.

i still really think the poison should be thrown and do an aoe effect to boost team mates and give the new effect to enemies making the assassin a really skill based class.

Awesome idea avec le poison!
Maybe this would work better as an ST?

st or ut it doesn’t really matter but st im pretty sure means set tier? if not it means special tier but yeah it being an st would be nice i just dislike using st’s compared to using ut’s because of the different hype around something like a jugg compared to a pixie or whatever compared to whatever.

Okay then.
Arena drop still?
Or maybe ice cave…

dropping from the arena is a bad idea and i’d just suggest something that isn’t ice cave but there isn’t really any good place to drop the items.

i guess if it drops ice cave then more peopel would want to go there who knows.

In my opinion should be UT over ST cause of the existing set. Besides it could just be a cool UT set like the marble paladin set.

@Djck @Orsome
Do you think my Brew changes are usable/well balanced?

Usable, yes. I like the buff idea.
However, you didn’t specify whether the slowed and sick applied to everyone or just the user. It should, ideally, only affect the user with slow + sick because otherwise it could really ruin other players.
Like mister @djck said it would be cool if it did something to enemies as well, the ‘new effect’ they mentioned being ‘exposed’ which lowers defense of enemies. It would make close quarters combat easier, which is what this set is all about.