I'm Back [Ideas Poll]

Hello All,

So originally I quit realm and spriting, but this year I started playing again to see where the game was currently at.
While playing I’d seen a lot of new content and dungeons made and reminded me of old ideas and sprites I had in the works.

So I need your help to know which ideas to finish and which ones to focus on first.

Either vote in the poll for each idea, or leave a comment if you want to know more information on each idea

The Eternal Lich [Event Boss]

An O3 level optional event boss with a large setpiece and unique fighting style. Some juicy lore and interesting drops.
It’s the last realm related project I worked on before I stopped. I have the setpiece, tilesets, spritesheets, animation and part of the XML already completed for it, but I’m not sure whether to continue.

• Prioritise this idea
  • Leave it in the backburner and do it later

0 voters

Leotaur [Enemy]

Half-lion, half-horse hybrid enemy that wanders lowlands and highlands.
I wanted to revolutionise the way we interact with enemies, so this enemy doesn’t just attack.

• If left alone it will sleep
  • If in water it will play and “splash players”
  • It can stop combat if players stop attacking and become friendly

I thought it might be interesting to be able to interact with enemies rather than just kill them, giving some slightly more personality.
I’ve already started the XML in a doc I left somewhere, if I can find it I’ll continue

• Prioritise this idea

0 voters

The Daylight Crypt [Dungeon]

Possibly a continuation or some relation to the tomb. I worked on the sprite/tilesheet while I was on holiday in Egypt in 2019.
There are fresh mechanics and challenging enemies.
Let me know if you want to see this complete.

• Prioritise this idea

0 voters

Upgradable/Enchantable Items [Equipment]

These items don’t really have a place in RotMG since they would cause a lot of confusion and add too much to the game, but the original idea was crafting, before The Blacksmith had been added into the game.

You could gather materials to craft basic armour, and then visit different blacksmiths in specific dungeons and turn in a certain amount of other materials to upgrade your item to the next level.

It also introduced a secondary weapon type to classes (though that idea has been added to the game now).

Wearing an entire set of crafted items would give the player special perks (similar to how STs work) and the main perk to them is this tier of item would be the only type that could be enchanted.

• Prioritise this idea

0 voters

Miscellaneous Sprite Dump

The Bronze Behemoth [Enemy/Skin]

• Currently just a sprite. No idea behind it

Texcacoatl Resprite [Reprite]

• Slight changes to midsection and shading

UT Weapon Templates [Weapons]

• Anybody can use them, if you want to recolour for an idea you don’t have a sprite for, go ahead and take one

Stone Gladiator(s) [Boss]

• A small spriteset I made that won me some gold in a Deca sprite contest. Wondering if I should turn it into its own idea?

Jungle Venator ST Skin [Class/Skin]

• An ST Skin for a polearm wielding class I may continue making

For additional information or an interest in collaborating on an idea, please add me on discord @ Redox#7919, and don’t be afraid to talk to me (I only bite sometimes)

Upgradable and Enchantable items would be a cool idea… if they weren’t already added to the game. You can upgrade certain midgame items to endgame status using forge tokens from a couple endgame dungeons, specifically the Kogbold Enhancement Core from the Kogbold Steamworks and the Concentrated Soul Fire from from the Moonlight Village. As for enchantments, they’ve been added to the game with its own system and select batch of items that can be enchanted. Aspirant items have the same stats as Wine Cellar tops but are one of the few UT items that can have Engravings applied to them. You can read more about the current Enchantment system here.

Read

These items don’t really have a place in RotMG since they would cause a lot of confusion and add too much to the game, but the original idea was crafting, before The Blacksmith had been added into the game.

I know this already, I spoke about that in the very first line. I created the idea way before any of the ingame stuff existed.
The system would work differently anyway