Instadeath via Teleporting

Have you ever made a new character, a PPE perhaps, with a killer role? Well how would you like it if the game toke all of that away by killing your character instantly upon going to the godlands? Next thing you know, depression sets in, darkness surrounding you. You want it to end, you want it to stop.

So then you go to a forum and throw out an idea to fix the teleport system so you don’t die instantly and unavoidably by pressing that teleport button anywhere near the center of that map.

I think that the best fix for this is to add a brief period of invulnerability for the first teleport that you make in either a dungeon or the realm. I feel like this simple patch or update could stop people from unfairly losing their hard earned characters.

I think that the teleport invulnerability would be a bit much for dungeons, but I’m just throwing the idea out there. Feel free to post your thoughts on this idea, as I welcome constructive criticism.

0.7 invincibility sounds fine, since most people’s brain can understand when to Nexus in that situation that you will get instapoped.

Oh no, not this again

basically the problem with this idea, is that it gets exploited and then you perma get invisibility

True.

But if that wasn’t exploitable, I would love this to be in the game, for example against ent sitters/avatar sitters/djinn sitters/insert any other sitter here.

The stickied thread (which we’ve all read, right?!?) says:

[quote=“Doc, post:1, topic:66”]Common ideas to avoid

• Teleport Invulnerability [/quote]

Seriously, any suggestion along these lines can be abused/exploited by hackers.

i guess, i for one would run into gods like hell in that small margin of time

probably kill myself over it, ive never died to a tp.

What about if instead of invulnerability, you can just zoom to a specific point on the minimap? Besides, I’ve noticed that if I tp into a horde of mobs, there is a brief period where they don’t target and blast my bumhole. So, I guess if that really ain’t enough than the zoom feature shouldn’t be that big of a fix. Plus it would add some skill in reading player movements to see if they’re getting they’re getting a little booty bothered by the gods.

I’m pretty sure @Bluenoser made a teleporting guide. Just be careful and you’ll be fine. The vast majority of players teleport every few minutes safely, so why can’t you?

God please no more

I’ve seen my brother die this way on a 6/8 prot priest
    He tp’d to a guildie so he didn’t prot
    rip his last prot
    Also seen a guildie tp to a different guildie doing an ava, rip 7/8 sin and spirit
    Also seen many guildies tp to me on my 6/8 pala dblading and rushing glands
    They didn’t die though
    Also seen my brother on 4/8 war tp to guildie, sat on ghost god rip ass
    ITS A PROBLEM(for me and my guild)

Nobody is making you teleport straight into the godlands or to an avatar or other event; you are always welcome to teleport to a nearby player and go in on foot (so to speak). In fact, there’s a valuable achievement that you earn for never teleporting at all.

If your guild has a problem with teleports, perhaps you should ask beforehand:       /g safe to tp?

Maybe, you should see which char you’re teleporting to, if it is a knight, back the fuck out, if it’s a wizzy, back the fuck in

Right so I’ll just link you my last reply to the exact same thing.

Thread:

Here is Bluenoser’s Teleport Guide . Enjoy

This sounds like a great idea, like the short period of invincibility you have after you un-pause, this would really help with boss sitting.

FTFY

What if DECA made a new feature in the experimental menu (aka decamenu)?

When you activate it and teleport to someone in a dungeon or the realm, and you take in lots of damage but don’t have the time to react, it would send you back to the Nexus.

That way, your character wouldn’t die from teleporting!

I think DECA should really add this, maybe call this…oh I don’t know…

How about AutoNexus?

Sounds like a pretty good name, DECA should add this!

No. No Auto nexusing please. To tell the truth, I did lose a ppe with QoT and Artic bow just a few days ago. I tped to a guy, and he was like, 5 tiles away from a skull, but I tped ONTO the skull.

My idea didn’t get very good reception.