Janus chest [didn't spawn]

for some reason, the last janus i did the chests didnt spawn at all. there was around 10-20 people, and janus didnt instantly die meaning he did do that last quote and go into the middle. has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, apparently there is some way to sabotage the chest from spawning. Don’t know how reliable the method is, or if it’s just not (yet) well-known. Annoying bug though.

huh. yeah it is quite annoying, especially when i need those marks.

This is the reason Deca needs to remove the chest from every dungeon except for the ones that need it, such as the Shatters, Shaitans, ICave, etc. Basically, REMOVE CHEST FOM JANUS

I like the event chest

Event chests are fine. This is a test chest.

Ok

(filler)

IN other words, Janus doesnt need a test chest. I mean, Janus desnt need a test chest because it doesnt have anything that would cause it to not. People kill off the stranded keys anyways, the boomerangs arent nearly enuf time to make the bag go away, so why have a chest?

But that makes it harder to leech

nono i agree with you lol. idk why youre saying this. i was responding to the other guy as seen in reply

oh…i didnt see that xd

thats the point. the game wasnt supposed to have leechers at all. it is a team-based, permadeath, MMO RPG.

LEECHing is GUD

I believe it is something specific with the way that Janus spawns his chest (not on the death spot). I say that because I believe I’ve only seen this bug ever happen on the Janus chest, not at any other chests.

I think because just everything designed in that Kabam era was given a chest, to give some “fairness” to those players who “help” but aren’t doing a lot of dmg (eg the 0/8 paladin buffing but who is too weak/fragile to go in to do a lot of dmg).

Not a bad idea, quite promoting of the co-op aspect - but same thing could be achieved in most cases with just lower SB thresholds.

Something that’s worth mentioning is chests don’t entirely cause leeching. Players cause leeching. It was fairly common in the “old days” for a rogue to rush to O2, do SB, and then leech the entire rest of the fight saying “done my SB”. Safe in knowledge they could easily solo if everyone else failed.

Why does ice cave need one at all… I could see shatters/shaitans arguments but ice cave?

what are actually the benefits of a chest?
the ranged ones can do damage to the boss and then the melees can do way more damage to the chest so its unfair everytime :confused:
i dont see much of an upside, it only boosts leeching

(For the record: it’s a myth of Rotmg that doing more chest damage gives you any better chance at loot. As long as you do SB which is superlow for chests, you are in with same chance whether you are a 0/8 necro using T4 staff or a 8/8 knight spamming a bazillion shields.)

i know, but when you’re in a lod with a lot of people the melees will do so much damage you cant even hit 3 shots

maybe the chests should get a HUGE buff, like 5 times more hp