Leader's Support (Sword)

Leader’s Support

swordcolosseum

This sword’s runes emanate a strange power. You and everyone else feel empowered by its embracing aura, capable of unleashing your inner strength.

Tier UT
Shots 1
Damage 220-260 (240)
On Equip +5 Att, -5 Dex
Effect(s)

Every 20 shots: Grant imageBerserk within 5 tiles for 1 second

Range 4.2
Proj. Speed 200
Proj. Lifetime 210
XP Bonus 6%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 1050

This weapon shares the same DPS in terms of the damage alone. Since it grants Berserk every 20 shots, if put on a Paladin with its max base ATT/DEX these become 60 ATT and 50 DEX (because of the sword).
With the Berserk for 1 second and the normal attacks afterwards, if my calculations don’t fail me, it takes about 3.2 seconds to activate Berserk and of those 3.2 seconds, 1 second will be Berserk time.

So with an average of 6.25 Attacks Per Second and 240 dmg per hit (on average) plus a 1.7 multiplier due to 60 ATT we get:

At 0 DEF:

6.25 * (240 * 1.7) = 2550

At 50 DEF:

6.25 * ((240 * 1.7) - 50) = 2237.5

At 100 DEF:

6.25 * ((240 * 1.7) - 100) = 1925

so in a DPS graph I tried to emulate what it would look like to compare to other swords and here it is:

Green: Taking into account Berserk for 1 second;
Blueish-Green: Not taking into account the 1 second Berserk.

Let me know your thoughts.

I guess… but why? To provide berserk without a warrior? For only 1 second?

While soloing it isn’t amazing.
While in groups with a warrior/other source of berserk, it’s just bad.
While in groups without a warrior it’s good… for only 1 second.
Maybe to counter exactly phases that perma silence/quiet?

I guess it scales in efficacy with dex and itself, so that’s a cool concept.

Also I personally don’t like offensive stat bonuses on weapons instead of just changing the RoF or dmg.

I have not read anything official on this, but pretty sure that buffs on weapons like that aren’t going to happen. It would mean that you still had access to it even when quieted, silenced or hit by pet stasis, when the developers/content creators think they are necessary for balance. Think back to the near complete elimination of purification from the game, because it was too unbalancing. This concept, of buffs on a weapon, I think would be rejected for the same reason.

And frankly it makes no sense. First as doing it every 20 seconds favours chars able to boost their shot rate by whatever means so the cooldown is 1 second or less. Then when berserk kicks in it boosts your fire rate even further, reduces the cooldown even more. Someone could do the maths but I am sure it could be gamed to be near permanent. A timed cooldown is much more sensible.

And if you want a near permanent 25% fire rate boost on a weapon just give it a 125% rate of fire. Or 110%, or whatever it would work out at, given the cooldown. Similarly the att and dex effects make no sense. If you want a sword which does more damage but fires less often then change its damage and fire rate.

While I agree with you on this, there is a difference between changing Damage/RoF by giving Att/Dex as stat bonuses as opposed to Damage/RoF. It has to do with Weak and Daze debuffs. If your weapon has, say, +20 DEX on equip, when you’re dazed, those DEX are nullified. Meanwhile, if you transform that +20 DEX into a RoF increase, when you’re dazed, it will still take effect. Same happens with ATT/Damage.

Also, its usability would be its increased range, projectile speed and the ally boost when no warriors are present.

It’s true that rings that offer offensive boosts also rely on Ability Use so that you can’t activate them without using your ability. But at the same time some rings do offer boosts effects such as invisibility, healing, expose, weak, energize, (…) so its possible that such an ability could be given in a way that could bypass silenced and quiet.
Plus, 1 second is not even that long so its nothing crazy. Just a mild DPS boost.

this is a cool concept, but it would basically feel like a faster burst firing weapon

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.