LT(Level Tiered) Items

Level Tiered Items

Alright, so this is a massive idea that me and my friend used to discuss for hours while playing realm. He stopped playing, and the Idea just began to grow in my head. I began to asses the flaws, and try to make it as perfect as possible. I just kept putting off posting it though, because I wasn’t ready for it, and I certainly don’t think realm is ready for something like this. At least, not yet. But after failing to get into every void run in the few days sense I joined the Lost Halls discord, I’ve decided to take the time to post this.

So, your probably thinking, what is Level Tiered? Believe it or not, its a new type of item tier! There is exactly one for every weapon, every armor, every ability, and a ring. They drop in, what the community is going to hate me for, black bags. Or they could drop in silver bags (or gilded bags). These drop rarer then either white’s of st’s. Here are some sprites for them.

blackbag guildedbag

So, there are the first of my cringey sprites. These items, don’t have any drops, as there is nothing in the game currently hard enough for them to drop from.
So without further ado, here are the rest of my sprites, please just ignore the dagger, I know it looks terrible, I just don’t feel like making a new one after drawing 27 sprites in a row.

Sword of the Centurion

swordofthecentreon

The blade of this sword is composed entirely of the blood of those it has slain. The four orbs encircling it hold all of the liquid in shape.

Frost-Chilled Staff

FrostChilledStaff-1

The space in this staff is not in fact empty, but a very solid object, producing tremendous amounts of power resides there.

Duel-Casting Wand

duelcastingwand-1

Unlike other wands, this was build to cause massive damage, hence the two ends, for twice the destruction.

Crystalline Edge-Blade

crystalineedge-blade-1

This blade, made entirely of crystal, is remarkably strong, despite only having the edges of a blade

Tooth Tipped Katana

toothtipedkatana-1

This impressive katana was made from the tooth of a particularly deadly beast. Its said that a cut can slay any foe.

Technobow

technobow

The very advanced technology of this bow somehow allows it to work, even without a string.

Plate Armor of the Guard

png%20(1)

Its said that this impressive armor once belonged to a royal guard of a long forgotten land. The metal seems to grow stronger every time it is struck.

Turtle-Shelled Tunic

Turtle-Shelled%20Tunic-1

A tunic fashioned from the shell of a mighty turtle. It is said that whoever wears it shall gain it powers and become, “a lean mean green fighting machine.”

Robe of the Water Animist

Robeofthewateranemist-1

These robes once belonged to a race of animists who lived by the ocean. It is said that together they were so powerful, that they brought the entire ocean to life, as one big elemental. Its tears are said to run through the Nexus fountains.

Ring of the Infinite

RingoftheInfinate-1

Its said that the stone on this ring can take any form, and even some combined. A great power emanates from within it.

The Aegis

Aegis-1

This legendary shield is said to have power to rival that of the gods.

Echoing Destruction Spell

png%20(1)

A spell that contains vast amounts of power. It is said that if it were to tear, that the resulting blast would destroy the universe.

Prism of the Eons

prismoftheeons-1

An ancient prism that is said to learn and grow along side the wielder.

Resurgent Quiver

ResurgentQuiver-1

Its said that with a single arrow from this quiver, it is possible to slay a whole army.

Royal Cloak

RoyalCloak-1

It is just as good for concealing ones self as it is for being the spotlight of the party.

Tome of the Ancients

TomeoftheAncients-1

A tome written by a race of people who predated Oryx’s days as a gladiator. The words seem to be very adaptable, changing to cause almost anything to happen.

Seal of Eternal Power

sealofthecharmbreaker-1

The energy contained by this seal is said to have existed forever, and that it will continue to exist forever. Power that never waxes or wanes, but one that is always at a constant.

Guardians Helm

GuardiansHelm-1

This helm was passed down among a line of guardians. What they guarded is no longer known, but it was said to be a great evil trapped forever in another realm, on the edge of existence and life.

Shattered Orb

ShatteredOrb-1

Long broken, the temporal powers of this orb keep it held together in stasis, seconds after its breaking.

Thundercaller Scepter

Thundercallerscepter-1

The long dead cult of the Thundercallers were well known for their ability to call forth massive storms that could level a castle within minutes. No wonder Oryx had them executed.

Rock Hardened Trap

RockHardenedTrap-1

At first glance just a simple stone, this rock is capable of bringing even the biggest creatures to a halt.

Death Pact Poison

DeathpactPoisin-1

The dark liquid in this vial can kill in any form, even mere proximity to it saps the life out of those who dare come near.

Razor Edged Wakizashi

RazorEdgedWakizashi-1

Though as thin as a blade of grass, this blade is sharper then any other.

Dual Tipped Kunai

DuelTippedKuni-1

This kunai has a blade on both ends, for damage on impact, and attempted removal.

Skull of the Life Flame

Skullofthelifeflame-1

This charred skull is eternally aflame, burning in the fires of the souls it has slain.

So, you might be saying to yourself, “but Gotgot, these are only names sprites and descriptions. Where are the stats? What do they do?” That’s all in this part, and when your done reading it, you’ll understand why I saved it until here.
So, when you get a level tiered item, its pretty terrible, it will have the same stats as a t1 item of that type. (for the ring it’ll be t1 hp ring.) The key thing of the items however, is that they can level up. That’s right, the items can level up. They level in fame gained however, not exp. The weapons require you to damage the enemy that provides the fame, the armor requires you to get hit by it, the ring requires you to deal the killing blow to the creature providing the fame, and the ability’s require you to get the fame only from quests. At level 1, you need 50 fame to level up, and it increases each time. Eventually, you can reach the maximum level of 200. Every few levels, you gain the ability to fuse an item for a particular stat. If you do that, you pay 5000 fame, and you fuse in an item, which disappears forever. For example, I can fuse in a pixie blade to the shots, and the pixie disappears and the shots become four. You can only fuse an item of the same type. To be able to do that, you will be able to click on the item and open a pop up menu. on the stats for the item that you have unlocked, there will be a box that you can drag and drop items to fuse them into the weapon, where they will disappear and the items stats will change. Here are some charts on the levels.

Weapons

Level 10: Damage slot
Level 25: fame bonus 2%
Level 50: Range slot
Level 70: fame bonus 4%
Level 70: shots slot
Level 90: Bonus Stats slot
Level 125: special properties slot 1
Level 150: special properties slot 2
Level 170: fame bonus 7%
Level 190: rate of fire slot
Level 200: fame bonus 10% and proc effect slot

Armor

Level 10: Defense stat slot
Level 25: Fame bonus 2%
Level 50: Speed or wisdom stat slot
Level 75: Fame bonus 4%
Level 100: Dexterity or attack stat slot
Level 150: Fame bonus 7%
Level 175: Life of mana stat slot
Level 200: Fame bonus 10% and proc effect slot

Ring

Level 10: Fame bonus 2%
Level 50: one of any stat slot
Level 75: Fame bonus 4%
Level 100: Wisdom of vitality stat slot
Level 125: Dexterity or speed stat slot
Level 150: Defense or attack stat slot
Level 175: Fame bonus 7%
Level 190: Life or mana stat slot.

Abilities

Level 10: MP Cost slot
Level 25: Fame bonus 2%
Level 50: Cooldown slot
Level 75: Stat bonus slot
Level 100: fame bonus 4%
Level 110: Damage slot
Level 125: Effect slot
Level 150: Range slot
Level 175: Fame bonus 7%
Level 190: Special properties and damage slots

So, yeah. Now your probably thinking this idea is terrible, as you could get a sword with these stats:

Damage: 525-570 (547.5)
Range: 5.06
Shots: 10
Special properties: armor piercing, piercing
Rate of fire: 200%
Fame bonus: 10%

But think on how hard this is to get. To get those particular stats (which are the best you could get on sword) you’d have to get this particular drop, that is rarer then both whites and ST’s, and even then, out of 25 items, you’d have to get the one you want. Then you have to level it up to 200, which costs an immense amount of fame, that you have to deal the dmg to get. Then you have to get an ST for the damage, a limited edition UT for the range, another for the shots, ST’s for the special properties, and another limited edition UT for the rate of fire. The point is that yes, while it is possible to get this insanely powerful weapon, and the same for armors rings and abilities, that it takes an immense amount of work, and luck, and searching for items. And even then, you can still mess up and easily loose it. In my opinion, this balances it.

Alright. one last part. After your item is level 200, there will be a new option at the bottom of the pop up menu. Infuse set. You can infuse a 8/8 character wearing a full ST set into the item to make it a part of a level tiered version of that ST set. The character will die and the item will reappear in your vault chest with the added ST bonuses. Now if you wear a full LT set with those specific bonuses, you get them. You can only fuse one ST bonus onto an item, so choose wisely.

And that’s it for my item. As I said, I do not believe that realm is ready for something like this in any way shape of form, but maybe one day.

Gotgot's Super-Duper-Sprite-Pile
IMPORTANT: Best of the Best nominations [finished]

This idea is actually pretty cool (though you are right it could use work).

It would add a lot to the game, like a bigger goal to build towards beyond 8/8 and a much better use for fame. While at the same time it would be unique and customizable for every character adding a lot of variety (with an obvious single meta as made clear by your comment which would mess up the variety part of it)

It adds a bit to the variety with some of those being limited edition, such as only dropping from keys that are rarely obtainable.

I personally love this idea. it does need a bit of work like nameness said but I think that its amazing. I love the sprites as well (other than the bag) but I think you could put these in the golden bag? I dont know if thats still used as a mark bag but you could use that bag shape for inspiration.

The golden bag isn’t for marks, but it is still in use. I just figures Id use the white bag shape, as most other bags share their shapes already, but the white bag doesn’t.

I would get this item then … 1. be insanely happy 2. put in vault 3. build up new char for it 4. equip item and have fun 5. die from something stupid like getting cornered in a sew 6. smash head into couch and cry mentally 7. rage quit 8. come back the next day (or the same day)

Very shiny potato

I like the idea of leveling up gear, full set would be fun to use on fresh char.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.