Lullaby and Pharaoh's Requiem Lute Rework

The change proposed on lullaby is mainly because I didn’t like how ‘uninspired’ debuff sounded. I know its a mistake gear and its supposed to be bad but I just want to propose the rewording from ‘uninspired’ to ‘drowsy’. Mainly just a wording change, it still remains the same.

Lullaby

Lullaby

A soothing crescent-shaped instrument known to relax one’s body and mind when played, lowering their guard and making oneself drowsy. Only its player can hear the quiet melodies, sure to have them counting sheep in no time. Reworded some of the description.

Tier UT
MP Cost 70
Effect(s) On self: Drowsy for 7 seconds, DEF↓ DEF decrease (-10 DEF) for 10 seconds.
Range Multiplier x0.25
XP Bonus 4%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 500
Loot Bag Assigned to White Bag
Drops From The Servers

This however opens me to the idea of reworking the Pharaoh’s Requiem such that instead of inflicting weak, it would inflict drowsy instead as it fits more on the item description and purpose. It would also be more useful for general use. Also buffed its stat bonuses by 1 for both stats.

As to how Drowsy works, instead of affecting projectile speed, it would instead affect projectile lifetime so as to prevent stacked shots and make it flexible.

Pharaoh’s Requiem

image Mask Blast
An unusually crafted lute with an ancient style of construction, meant to produce soothing sounds of deep sleep and keep wrathful gods dormant.

Tier UT
MP Cost 120
On Equip +5 DEF, +5 VIT
Effect(s) Party Effect: Within 4.5 squares Inspired Icon Inspired for 4 seconds.
Pharaoh’s Lullaby: Summons a Pharaoh’s mask that inflicts Drowsy for 3 secs within 2.5 squares every 1 sec.
Drowsy Range Multiplier x0.75
Reactive Proc(s) Pharaoh’s Ward: Upon taking at least 50 damage, protects you with Weak Icon Armored on Self for 3 secs. Inflicts Weak Icon Weak on enemies for 5 secs within 5 squares.
Pharaoh’s Ward Cooldown: 15 seconds
Inspired Range Multiplier x1.25
XP Bonus 7%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 1,000
Loot Bag Assigned to White Bag
Drops From Nut
Mighty Quest Chest

As it is right now, the debuff ‘weak’ is ironically also weak as a debuff on enemies as it only reduces enemy shot damage by 10%. Sure this can be game changing in end-game dungeons but for the risk the bard needs to go through to inflict it as well as it only really being noticeable is niche scenarios is not worth the effect. Changing weak would also be an option but I imagine it would be difficult to balance as well.

I’d want to suggest this change as it feels like it fits the theme of the bard more with playing around range. However finding the enemies which need to be immune to this would also be a challenge on its own.

Shinobi

Sounds like an interesting idea, one slight concern is that you probably wouldnt want the shot patterns of enemies to be affected, only the range. (I know the inspired buff has seen some discussion on this matter with weaponry that has an amplitude value). of course, for enemies. this matter becomes more crucial- “safespots” changing position due to a decrease in range might catch a lot of players unawares and lead to a lot of deaths,

Mhm, this is why I specified in a specific part as to how Drowsy would work:

It would be different from inspired affecting projectile speed (which is why it changes shot patterns) to projectile lifetime.

that alone wouldnt fix the problem, I think, as frequency is dependant on maximum range rather than speed or lifetime. If the range halves (either speed, lifetime or a combination of both), the frequency would need to half to keep the same pattern as well.
In this specific case (range is multiplied by 0.75), the frequency would have to be multiplied by 0.75 to keep the shot pattern the same.

edit: I checked using https://www.haizor.net/rotmg/dps-calculator/ with a wizzy staff, if you increase either the lifetime or speed, the wavelength of the bullets also change accordingly, assuming its accurate

Oh wow I just verified this on haizor too, dang it does seem very complicated when dealing with amplitude. Best I could suggest would be to make certain enemies immune to drowsy I suppose, specifically the ones with those kinds of shot patterns.

Thanks for bringing this up!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.