Marble Warrior Set (UT)

Hey, guys. I haven’t been on these forums lately. Been busy, but I’m back with another thread. This is a UT set for the Warrior class. I know there already is a marble-themed UT set for the Paladin, but I spent a ton of time on this, so please just cut me some slack and go with it.

Remember to read the Notes as well! They describe the mechanics of the equipment if you’re confused, and also why they’re useful in some way.

Ancient Marble Saber

(Shot Sprite)

As the weapon of legends, the power it renders is an ancient energy that has been long forgotten during the early centuries.

Tier: UT
Shots: 1 (4 per round)
Damage: 160-190 (average: 175 / total: 700)
Pause: 1.5 sec
Range: 3.8 tiles
Feed Power: 1,000

Notes

The mechanics of this sword are very interesting. It rapidly fires three shots, pauses, and repeats. Overall, this sword is a good weapon for quick but large amounts of damage, making it good for clearing dungeons and getting your soulbound damage into bosses during their weaker stages before they spam projectiles.

Shots are default and straight. The quick spam of projectiles doesn’t really allow wavy patterns and stuff like that.

Helm of the Colossus

8885424eecfb44ffd7d587aa4d0f171c7c4cfc66

The helm’s extreme powers solidify the user into pure marble and concentrate powerful energy into a destructive force. (Sprite Credit: Redox)

MP Cost: 110
Stat Bonuses: +50 HP, +5 DEF
Effect: Slows user, Damages enemies
Damage: 500 per sec
Duration: 4 sec
Range: 5 tiles (radius), 10 tiles (diameter)
Feed Power: 1,100

Notes

This helm is a “solo”-er alternative to the Helm of the Juggernaut, for instead of giving Berserk to all, it simply damages, giving the user the edge if there is competition for soulbound loot. There is -0.5 in seconds of duration, and also Slows the user, but insures guaranteed damage. Overall this Helm is slightly inferior to the Jugg in general usage, but can be better for certain circumstances

Chestplate of Holy Marble

Gods themselves admire this holy piece of armor. Its marble is said be indestructible, but only the toughest can survive the weight.

Stat Bonuses: +34 DEF, -5 SPD, -6 DEX

Notes

A tough armor that shines best on clearing dungeons room by room, getting your soulbound damage into bosses even during their strong phases, and basically any time when DEF is crucial. I could go on and on about all of the circumstances, like rushing into godwalls, but you get the point. Not good for rushing and times when SPD is important.

Marble of Enchantments

A magical stone filled with blessings. It’s user’s skin forms a nearly unbreakable marble layer.

Stat Bonuses: +50 HP, +50 MP, +6 DEF

Notes

This ring is a fairly flexible ring that focuses on HP and MP regeneration and DEF. It is good for almost any situation.

All Items Dropped From: Marble Core

Drop Rate of Each Item:
Sword - 1/300
Helm - 1/400
Armor - 1/300
Ring - 1/200

What item is your favorite? Let me know!

And that wraps it up. Thanks for reading and feel free to give me all of the suggestions you want! :slightly_smiling_face:

hi

The armored helm is just kinda uninspired and just eh. 35 defence for the armor is also way too high even with the speed tradeoff. The sword’s interesting but without the specifics of how the 3 shots work, I can’t really understand it.

:no_mouth: Shoots in bursts…Do you need me to say that it shoots straight…?

How is it uninspired? The concept is completely original. Just because it gives Armored, it doesn’t mean it’s a copy of the Jugg.

Okay, that’s understandable. I’ll adjust it.

make it -20 speed

Ancient Marble Saber < M16

Jokes aside, yeah you should go into detail how the sword’s bullets will fly.

Orsome I see you typing :eyes:

I like the sprites. They look cool, besides the spear thingy and the ring. Those kinda look like gray blobs

Can’t tell if this is a joke.
If not, that would be too large a decrease to make the armour viable and would make negative speed at level 1 possible. Although the effects of that could be interesting :thinking:

@GammaGamer the sword seems way too situational, i would probably still use a.s.s to deal my damage quickly. If you increased the damage and ‘pause’ time I would consider it more useful for the purpose that you want it to serve. One important thing to note is that the whole idea of giving slow on the helm and spd decrease on the armour doesn’t support the idea behind the sword. Also interesting; would berserk decrease the pause time or just increase the shooting speed?

The helmet actually WOULD be a copy of the juggernaut helm because armoured doesn’t come preinstalled on every helm, that’s what makes jugg unique and giving a similar helm another drop location would take away its charm. BESIDES, the armour you made focuses on increasing defense, so there’s that. I’m assuming the main gimmick of the helm is to inflict damage along with boosting survivability, so I would either make the armoured into a def increase boost or max hp boost. That would, in addition, probably make it fair to remove the slow. Also you forgot to add stats to the helm (or maybe that was on purpose, i dont know) I would give it +6 def and +6 spd to negate the loss of speedy and speed decrease of the armour and to go along with the general def increase helms give.

The armour as already stated is OP, compared to candy coated it gives 5 more defense and negates 6 less dexterity for 6 speed taken away. Arguably speed is a more useless stat so it’s basically a direct upgrade. Maybe add something to the description like “…said to be indestructible, albeit quite heavy.” and take away more speed and dex, although I’m not an item balancing expert something like -8 to both, and given that some heavy armours exchange defense for health or mana or other stats this armour should negate some health/mana, something like 80 HP so it doesn’t kill level 1 characters if worn.

The ring seems alright, but it feels like it’s just there to complete the set. Its MP and HP increase is the same as the Ring of the Nile but it gives arguably useless stats as it indulges in wis and vit but doesn’t give enough to make a real overall difference, compared with nile’s spd and dex increase. If you choose to change the armour and helm stats then you could adjust the ring to lessen the effects of the armour stat decreases (although if those are speed and dex only then it would become another Nile so maybe not such a good idea). Maybe +6 to vit and wis with a +2 spd and dex, then it exchanges +2 to spd dex for a vit wis increase. (I’m only comparing to Nile because the hp and mp increases are similar.)

Sprites are nice, maybe a bit too dark given the bright marble colour of colossus, but that makes it look different to the paladin set. To be honest the sword doesn’t fit though. Lessen the gradient on the blade and maybe add some gold highlights to go with the rest of the set.

Overall, good work! The theme works and the items are fairly well thought out as a whole set. :cookie: :milk_glass: Have some refreshments :stuck_out_tongue:

Also sup

can someone move it to Idea/items?

Since the helm already is a Jugg, maybe switch up the whole armour concept completely?
Maybe like +12DEF, +8ATK, +4DEX, -80MP
or something.

DW, I suck at balancing items, it’s just a suggestion

Done

The armor has way too much defense considering it could be used on paladin and knight. knight with base 40 + this armor 35 and maybe jugg or even the new shield from decaract 12/17 defene and something like pyra would give total of 86/91 defense which is a little bit too crazy even if the speed decrease would be increased.

LOL kngiht with that armour be tanking LH shots ez

I think the armor is too strong

Wow, thanks for the detailed feedback! I’ll fix the mechanics as best as I can!

I increased the sword’s damage and pause time, and also added a shot sprite. I got rid of the Armored for the helm and added 60 HP and 6 DEF instead. I kept the Slow because I kinda thought it was necessary. For the armor, I got replaced 35 DEF to 34 and upped the SPD and DEX reduction to -7 each. I kept the ring same though, I think it’s fine the way it is.

I did it as best as I could, but there’s not too much to discuss there. Shots shoot straight in three rapid successions…

Depends on what Berserk does. Insult me if you wish, but I don’t know whether it increases the RoF, the bullet speed, or both. If it’s the first, decrease the pause time. I say “pause time” in here, but it’s actually the rate of fire (even though the pattern isn’t a perfect beat). If it’s the second, then…bullet speed (duh). If it’s both, then…both (duh).

Nice :slight_smile: Just to clarify, berserk increases RoF (EDIT: OR DEXTERITY I can’t remember which). Bullet speed is how fast bullets travel.

ik. thanks for the info.

34def

XD

sword is meh. helm is the ugly baby of jugg and draconic helm. armor is op and makes cc obsolute. heck it makes lots of armors obsolute on classes other than knight (paladin with 64def no ring. warrior with 69def no ring.knight with a holy 86def or 88 using ogmur. makes everything else kinda useless unless you have a breastplate on knight or warrior+jugg). ring is a worse expo.

add marble knight ut set too