My Take on the Arena Loot idea (originally TTdb's idea)

Based on @TTdb’s idea

Loot from the Arena

Obviously the Arena needs some rework so when it is reworked these could also be added to make it more worthwhile. These items aren’t super useful but aren’t trash like the vanities either. They would all drop after the rounds like how the pots do now, except only after Round 10 and onwards. Their drop rarity is around the DBow’s droprate.

Emerald%20prongsCloak%20of%20the%20Double%20AgentDecorated%20Hippogriff%20HydeFractured%20Paramount%20RingEmerald%20slash

Emerald Prongs Emerald%20prongsEmerald%20slash
Only available on the Black Market, modified for maximum backstabbing potential.

Tier UT
Shots 2
Arc Gap 30°
Damage 45–170 (average: 57.5)
Speed Speed 14 tiles/second
Lifetime 0.4 seconds
Range 5.6 tiles
True Range 1.87 tiles
Fame Bonus 4%
Feed Power 424
Soulbound image48x48
Drops From Arena

Nothing too original, just a dblade dagger… also here is the dps calculator graph for those interested:

Cloak of the Double Agent Cloak%20of%20the%20Double%20Agent

Ripped straight off one of the spies of Oryx…

Tier UT
While Key Held Invisible and Pet Statis to self, for a maximum time of 12 seconds
MP Cost 25/second
When Released The first attack in the next 1 second ignores defense
MP Cost 75
Cooldown 2 seconds after key is released
On Equip +5 Dex, +3 Spd
Fame Bonus 4%
Feed Power 180
Soulbound image48x48
Drops From Arena

The defense ignoring at release is meant to be a backstabbing type thing. If the second is up and you haven’t attacked yet the effect goas away but you lose 75 MP anyway and if you don’t have 75 MP but release, you go down to 0 MP and it also gives no armor piercing effect.

Decorated Hippogriff Hyde Decorated%20Hippogriff%20Hyde

The Prize Hippogriff’s skin was so beutiful the gods enchanted it to last forever…

Tier UT
On Equip +8 Def, +6 Dex, +4 Spd, Immune to Armor Broken, Base Def will not be ignored by armor piercing attacks.
Fame Bonus 6%
Feed Power 436
Soulbound image48x48
Drops From Arena

I know some people are iffy with armors giving effects but I kinda like it. Also it’s not very good by it self but with a def ring or the Fractured Paramount Ring it works quite well.

Fractured Paramount Ring Fractured%20Paramount%20Ring

The Arena’s Trophy, three different ring gems fused with alchemy, some say the precursor of the Omnipitence Stone…

Tier UT
On Equip +100 HP, +50 MP, +7 Def
Fame Bonus 6%
Feed Power 300
Soulbound image48x48
Drops From Arena

Basically a Sourcestone.

All together the set gives:
+100 HP
+50 MP
+15 Def
+11 Dex
+7 Spd

Special thanks to the OG rouge set:
og%20gucci%20set
and @TTdb.

This is a nonemoji safespace

I love every item tbh

Dagger needs better shading, armor too. Ring looks nice.

Tyty

Changed it and i does look better I guess

One thing I forgot to mention is that maybe add a few grey pixels to the ring since it’s a para def as well, but that’s just me (:

I like the set, but the ring is pretty op. Expo is known as a decent ring, and this has 50 hp and 3 def more with only 4 vit less (and vit is useless). This ring seems too powerful right now.

Precursor*

I kinda feel like ignoring armour break is a bit too abusable with people swapping it out and in, just my thoughts esp if people us something like UBDEF.
The cloak could just be changed to activated effect:armour piercing shots duration. 5 of second or whatever

Overall pretty cool and nice sprites

I tried it while making the sprite and it looked tacky

Expo is a common cyan bag and this is a rare white so OP-ness is okay imo

If you are in a place where rapid swapping of your armor is possible, it is probably not worth it since there are probably not many armor breaking/piercing shots but I guess you could abuse it, the same way you can swap to an att ring for chests in shatters.

Balancing power through rarity is excessively lazy

Ring looks cool

Gotcha, still cool

I didn’t, these are fairly balanced. They also hapen to be rare but this is in no relation with their usefulness.

cough

Expo is a common item that comes in a cyan bag so it shouldn’t be as strong as a ring coming in a whitebag

Yeah but this is about 1.5 times as good as expo, pretty much buffing the same stats (again, vit is useless). I would say off the top of my head 1.2 times better is a good goal, but not really. A good goal is a more unique item in most cases.

everyone complaining about the ring, meanwhile nobody even bothered to check the cloak lol.

how about we put it to test? 12 mp per sec and pet stasis, with a rogue using ubmp harle and is 7/8 you’ll have 512 mp, thats 42 and half seconds of cloaking without the count of mana regenerated from wisdom, +the use of mp pots which can go all the way from 6 in your pot slots to 22 (8 in inv 8 in backpack 6 in pot slots) which will go to be 92.66 to 226 full seconds of cloaking, if we add the wis it just goes absolutely haywire. hell lets do that.

rogue with harle will have 55 wis, thats 0.5+0.06*55=3.8mp/s. 226seconds of cloaking will allow the user to regen 858.8 mana, which again will equal 71.56 seconds of cloaking, again that will equal to 271. 95 mana regenerated which is 22.66 seconds of cloaking, again, thats 86.11 mana, which is 7.17 seconds, making you regen for a last time 27.27mana which is 2.27seconds more before being unable to regen more than 12 mana. that puts you at a total time of : 322.93 seconds, or just over 5 minutes and 20 seconds of nonstop cloaking.

also if you happen to have a cdirk, which gives +6wis, you’ll have a 61 wis rogue, doing the entire thing again will let you be cloaked for a total of 345 seconds, 15 seconds short of 6 full minutes.

yes i’m fun at parties

r/theydidthemath

I never really checked it myself but damn, going to change it now.