(New Orb) Eye of Twilight

EYE OF TWILIGHT

Results of an experiment from the Twilight Archmage. It channels magic in a rather unusual way, creating an malevolent anomalies.

STATS:

Tier UT
MP Cost 110 MP
On Equip 40 MP, +4 DEX, +4 SPD
Summons An Evil Eye, click and hold your Summon Control Button to move it
Effect(s) Zaps enemies within 2 tiles with Stasis for 5 seconds every 0.5 seconds.
Lifetime: 10 seconds
XP Bonus 7%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 1200

Drops From:

More info:

I don’t play mystic too much so bear with me as I suggest this idea.

This orb is basically mechanically work like a mace but it would stasis, so instead of relying on a big AoE, you can use summons to rush your way through dungeons as long as you know where you are going.

This however requires you to be precise and have multiple summons up, knowing where the enemies you will stasis will be, as well as needing quick mouse movements. You would ideally be rewarded with a more mana efficient rushing tool.

I know that the mystic is already really good for rushing a bunch of dungeons and makes most full-skips possible. However, this may be a way to make it so that you can change up the gameplay of that a bit or not need too many mana pots or a good mheal pet to try rushing some things on mystic.

Let me know what you think of the ability in the comments or what you think about the idea in the poll! I’m generally open to suggestions and thoughts to edit this idea so about this so feel free to comment what you think about it!

Edit History
  • Changed the ability to be more of a orb-mace hybrid.

What do you think about the idea?

• The idea is great!
  • The idea is good.
  • The idea is okay.
  • The idea is bad.

0 voters

Not sure why anyone would use this. A tiered Orb is pretty good for rushing, with Stasis, Cursed and no cooldown on use. The only cooldown is on enemies already stasised, who can’t be affected again for a short while, but by then you’ve hopefully rushed past/through them.

For rushing both Orb of Conflict and Orb of the Bearer offer speedy. Conflict also gives you the longest stasis in the game at 7 seconds. Or equip a tiered Orb if you are worried about running out of MP due to their lower MP costs. You could add a Snake Eye ring for its speed boost, though a Mystic with speed 60 is no slouch.

So basically it’s unclear what niche this fills. It seems like a mechanically much harder to use way of doing Stasis, where you mostly want to use it then concentrate on something else, such as evanding/shooting whatever you failed to stasis.

Hmm, I’m considering the points you’ve made. Maybe I would double the stasis duration to make it more pronounced in its niche? It’s meant to be a cost efficient way to rush and make it so that you don’t have to spam your orb and be rewarded if you’re precise with the ability.

Perhaps I missed a notch or two trying to do that. Will need a bit of time to think this over.

Side note, thanks for giving specific and detail-oriented comments! I really appreciate them and it helps me try to improve a bit on my ideas.

Honestly I don’t think this is meant to replace conflict or bearer. Think as a t2 replacement. Less mp cost, similiar duration+ some stat bonuses and extra mp. I like it as a replacement for it. Having a orb to replace t2 is very welcome imo.

My one concern would be having an on-hold based around your cursor. Does this mean as many tiles as you could cover in 1s would get the stasis? Just seems like that might be abusable. Might be better to have a decent radius, but around self. Or just a straight-up stasis orb with a slightly bigger radius and cost. (Maybe just similar to t2, but no curse, bonuses, slightly lower cost).

I might be missing something but Stasis 4.5 seconds, but it’s hold?

Enemies in the 1 tile around your cursor I presume

Changed the ability significantly, it would supposedly function much like a orb-mace hybrid. Maximum of 3 summons, all orbiting around your cursor.

I think 10s might be a little long, but this makes a lot more sense than the previous version and would be a great addition for rushing.

Interesting Orb… I see this as a combination of Summoner’s ability with Mystic’s Stasis.

At 1st I don’t understand how you use that ability but I realize that you can alter your Stasis direction than just your typical “point and stasis” Orbs.

Basically if there is Oryx Room and enemies are spreaded out from each other, you can stasis them all in one go?

And how many Summons can you release at a time from this Orb?

Yeah it looks like basically every .5s 2 tiles around your cursor (or if you left your summons somewhere) you get a 5s stasis. Having multiple out would pretty much just increase the range and reduce the cooldown of said stasis (if I understand correctly).

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.