New Trap (Cookie-Cake trap)

i like the concept but jesus Christ the slow and dazes and curse, even if its only for 2.7 second, still quite OP, I would say you raise the CD and mp cost or remove one effect or both

since xaklor and others have stated whats wrong with the problem, ill pick at the smaller points

why is that bolded[quote=“Gabvrielo, post:1, topic:5484”]

• Effect: Slows, Dazes, and curses for 2.7 seconds.
    [/quote]

wtf is the point of this 5.5sec duration?[quote=“Gabvrielo, post:1, topic:5484”]

• Stat Bonus: +1 DEX, +1 ATK
    [/quote]

seems like for looks. seems pretty pointless[quote=“Gabvrielo, post:1, topic:5484”]
-Cookie Level: Over 9 :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:
[/quote]

wtf

also cookies dont really match rotmg that much L.[quote=“Gabvrielo, post:1, topic:5484”]

• Feed Power: 380
    [/quote]

why 380, such an odd number.

i don’t really like this idea that much either ^Scorchmist’s post but the fact that you’re trying to make another good trap (cuz ctrap is really the only trap right now) is interesting. keep on trying!

Thanks for being frank and straight forward, also you [insert “Oh God no” meme here] :3

To be honest, I really should have thought this through, XD, Its just that I found that it seems too lonely that ctrap was considered the one and only best trap in the game, and wanted to make something to also be viable yet different to use. Nonetheless, I will try to make this less uninspired and…

excuse me, (cries abit inside) [#stillhurts]

I will try to think of a mechanic wherein this trap would be more interesting and less overloaded, and let me know what you think I should edit because every thought counts and stuffs.

Ty for showing those details Scorchmist, as stated to Xaklor, I really should have given more thought into this idea, I will try my best to change or edit them but for now…

Ok that was a mistake on my part, sorreh.

Its the trap’s duration, I really should be more specific with this :confused:

I agree with you here, again, I really should have put more thought into this idea. I will try to either alter the stats to more useful ones for the huntress, or scrap it overall.

[cries in corner] my heart… it broke alittle :frowning:
TBH, this was just random stats that have no effect on the actual trap, but at least someone commented on it :smiley:

Well I thought it was the feed power of ctrap so I didn’t really have any other point of reference because I was worried it might be ranted on having low feed power.

Thanks a bunch for these pointers and I will try to think of a way to improve this idea.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my idea,

In my personal opinion, the slow and curse seem like something the huntress MIGHT need, yet the chain daze is just stupid now looking at it, I will take this into account to try to nerf the cooldown, or change the status effect or something maybe completely different, I hope you will still give your opinion on my thoughts and edits, it helps a lot.

Also, Long Live Shurima! :rooster:

Thanks a BUNCH DofaLord for this message of support,

I am glad you had great sensitivity to see where I was coming from and why I wanted what I wanted, (I should point it out in the actual thing post though, my bad). Seriously though, what you said helped motivate me into pursuing this idea more seriously.

At the moment though I am somewhat out on interesting concepts I would propose, so sorry if the next update on this might take awhile.

But still, It makes my day when I see such an individual being able to make such nice words and stuff, so again Thenks. :smiley:

i think this idea is great because everyone keeps talking about daze like it is the one game breaking ability.
to be honest if the knight class was introduced on the realmeye forum, you guys would have shot it down.
think of this ability like every person with a legendary electric pet ever, but toned down a lot.
i think its unique because it is like the direct opposite of a pally seal where it debuffs enemies instead of buffing players. the one thing i would change would be to have i get a higher mp cost. daze is not op. its like if the knight cut his shield in half.
also i would keep the armor break because saying that this is ruining ogmur and ignoring this guy

is not right.
bow classes honestly need armor break because the damage no tiered bows is so damn low.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Idea, :smiley:

I just found myself worried about the over-damaging wombo-combo of cursed AND armor break, with a slow. It might just make the huntress a tad bit excessive but I do agree with the whole thing where bow users NEED to get their damage in, as for the daze, in my opinion, it depends, sometimes its overrated, sometimes underrated but overall a good debuff to have, to but it briefly I am not sure anymore O_O.

Very confuzzled Gabvrielo is Confuzzled.

But, I will reflect upon this and think on what a cookie ACTUALLY is with a cake form (meaning thinking of the best course of action for this itenz).

Thanks a lot and I hope you have a wonderful day like how you made mine, :smiley: .

Come to think of it, it wouldn’t really ruin ogmur, it just seems new that another item/ability in the game can cast armor break on enemies IMO.

It most certainly would ruin Ogmur. Ogmur is fine because you have to go really close the the enemy to use it and risk dying. With this trap, you could easily Armor Break:

• Oryx 2
  • Tomb Bosses
  • The Puppet Master 2

And that’s just off the top of my head. If you had Armor Break at range, it’d be massively OP, especially if it drops from something like Cland, which seems to give White Bags out pretty often.

I’d rate this 2/10. It’s way too OP.

no curse just armor break

how would this ruin ogmur if hardly anyone has one?
can’t you just debuff the drop rate of the trap to the point where barely anyone has one?

RNG should never be a balancing act in a UT. Balancing an item by making it incredibly rare doesn’t work. It’s why most people see Jugg as incredibly OP. Yes, it’s very rare, but it’s also just blatantly OP.

oh… so it dissappears quite fast, b/c normal ones last for like… 30seconds aronund?[quote=“Gabvrielo, post:10, topic:5484”]
Well I thought it was the feed power of ctrap
[/quote]

oh my bad, i didnt know, learn something every day :stuck_out_tongue:

…you’re kidding, right?

the mere presence of daze is not what makes this unfathomably op, the problem is that it inflicts daze slow and curse all at once. that’s obscene. if this just did daze, and dropped the slow and curse altogether it wouldn’t be that bad. just because I happen to blow up almost every single time someone adds daze to an item doesn’t mean that daze itself is inherently op, I blow up because people almost never use it on an item that doesn’t totally break the game.

… again, you can’t be serious, can you?

geb tome was definitely op when it was first released, I’ll give you that much. but it at least purifies status effects in a similar manner to puri. you’re trying to tell us that putting armor break on a trap isn’t that bad because “bruh, traps aren’t shields. you can totally do that because it doesn’t go on a knight, duh.”

tell me, what’s the range on ogmur? hm? 3- ish tiles? mk sounds reasonable

now tell me, what’s the range on a trap? uhhh, as far as you can see? does that sound ok? NO!

just because armor break is exclusive to shields doesn’t mean it has to stay there, but there are other factors in what an ability actually is that you have to consider. I could see armor break on a short-range paladin seal, or some other ability with limited range and it wouldn’t be that bad. but it should not be placed on any “infinite range” abilities, that’s too op considering the limitations of the current armor break holder.

I’m impressed you didn’t actually break down under the wave of negative feedback. nice job :thumbsup:
while I can’t give you anything specific without basically doing the whole thing for you, I can give you some pointers:

1. don’t just play with status effects. I know multiple UT’s current in-game do this but don’t feel like that’s the only way to go. just changing around the status effects on an item doesn’t really require much thought, it works but it’s not super creative.

2. if you do use status effects, please keep in mind that too many will easily make your idea broken, and also remember to take into account the current limitations of certain status effects.
    example: daze is on QoT, while it’s range is considerable, it lacks piercing and requires a great deal of skill to use effectively past the cooldown. a trap with it wouldn’t be too bad (I’ve even made one myself) because it requires a certain level of set-up or skill to get any use out of it. a spell or scepter with daze would be horrendously broken because of how little skill is involved in using spells.

3. don’t actually take everything we (the people on the forums) to be the truth. this may sound slightly hypocritical since I will probably call you an idiot if I think it’s too far over the line, but I really do mean it. some people aren’t actually great at balancing at item, but they post here anyway. some other people are a little overzealous and will tell you it’s broken or unoriginal 90% of the time no matter what you do. (I plead guilty but I’m not changing who I am completely) If what they say sounds reasonable, and they all seem to mostly agree on some points, then they’re probably right.

4. don’t try to make something a “coverall” item, those are referred to as “direct upgrades”. direct upgrades mean that there’s no legitimate reason to use anything below it. the perfect example of this is the Doku No Ken. it is a direct upgrade to all tiered katanas, it’s superior to them in literally all situations. if doku had been posted here before being added to the game, I probably would have berated the idea maker and made them want to either cry or punch me in the face. don’t try to make things like that.

New item: Limon's Last Revenge

to build on what xaklor said, @Proasdfase made a great thread of how to make item ideas here:

Oh woah :no_mouth:,

Thanks Xaklor for really, really constructive criticism and I appreciate that you took the time to help me create more… constructive thoughts. I will try my best to take into account everything you have said so far to better this item and I just really like how you opened your opinions to me.

Right now I am currently thinking of making the trap a “wind-up” kind of thing, wherein the trap would vary in size, speed, and maybe damage the longer you hold the spacebar, and can be used in different situations (also most likely there will be a limit to how big/small the trap can be like an auto throw after a certain amount of seconds of smtg.)

But for now I just really want this trap to at least be recognized as a trap that is a viable UT trap like ctrap.
Again, thanks for pretty much everything, Meep.

Thanks Scorchmist for showing me this guide!!!

To be honest, this helped a TON on giving me pointers and guidelines on this idea. So far I see how its pretty much busted and needs a lot of rework but this idea feels like it is worth fighting for so I will try my best using these tips and tricks to making a good idea.

(For the glory of cookies and cakes alike!!!).

At the moment what I have so far, as I have told Xaklor…

Yehp, Pretty much everything I wanna say at the moment.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.