Prism of Startled Existence

Prism of Startled Existence

The wearer of this prism slowly develops a subconscious fear of anything that moves, until eventually they are unable to do anything with out having wanting to run away and hide.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 75
  • Duration: 4 seconds
  • Cooldown: 2 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +5 spd, -2 def +3 dex
  • Special properties: Teleport away from target
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 720

####Drops From:
~Not sure what to drop from, something that runs away form player maybe.
Son of Arachna maybe?

####More info
So, how does this work you may be wondering?

(X is where the player is teleported)
The player is teleported the distance the cursor is from the character, but in the opposite direction. This allows for a player to easily escape a sticky situation. Also, it can prevent accidentally teleporting onto a monster. With the dynamics of this prism, it makes it much easier to place decoys, but it also requires a player to know when to teleport. This prism however, does favour people with centered camera, as you can see easily behind you. The prism combines the solo play of a trickster, with the co-op play of the decoy, as the decoy still works as normal - going in the direction you were moving in.

Alleviation Prism (UT prism idea) (new name)
Another UT Prism Idea l XSpinATKx

I can definently see this working, as there have been too many times were myself or others have had their cursor and there boss and you accidently teleport. WABAM. One thing is though do we really need more prisms? We already have 3 UT prisms, where we should be implementing a new helm or trap or something. Still a cool idea, but you would just have to remember which prism you have on at all times so some obvious mistakes aren’t made.

Seems great for just the stat bonuses.
I like the idea! It might be niche, but I’d probably use it in the Shatters.
Overall, pretty good!

How would you think I should balance the stats, my reasoning behind it is because of its name and use. The speed gives the ‘startled’ name meaning, and also if you’re scared you tend to drop your guard, explaining the -2 def, and finally, during your flight response, you tend to be faster and more dextrous, explaining the dex increase.

I think the stats are fine.
As it stands, the only prism that grants +Att/Dex is he Prism of Dancing Swords. I think it’s perfectly fine to have another one.

This would probably end up with people tping on the monsters behind them

If it drops from Cdepths make it look like it drops from Cdepths.

Really like this, its creative without being too niche and its a new item without having -27 spd +400 def -44 vitality, etc. Good job.

fun fact: 400 def is the same as 340 def

That’s one of the concerns I had in mind as I was reading, though I like the uniqueness of the idea Poopy.

Do you know how you can’t teleport if your cursor is on an object? For example, if you place your cursor over a solid wall in the Shatters, you’re not going to teleport into the wall. Same applies for objects such as rocks, trees etc.

So how would it work for this @Poopythell? Your cursor might be over a valid tile, but there might be an object 180Âș on the other side.

Good poimt, I think it would just have the ‘wrong’ sound when you can’t use your ability, or it just puts you on the next closest tile in the same direction. Never thought of it in this way

Yeah, the problem with that would be people going “WTF I pressed space on a valid tile?!”.

I guess they’d just have to get used to it xD

It’s a niche item, like atrapper said. I don’t expect people to use it 100% of the time

I like the idea very much (Sprite seems bland, but then again all Prisms pretty much are.), however I don’t understand the point of a cooldown. If any prism should have a cooldown it would be the ones that can actually deal damage.

Could you provide an example of situations where this could be viable? I’m just not sure that people would use it if it failed 30% of the time because of the ‘eerh’ sound.

*Cough Thessall
 (When you get Ctrap instead of Cbow
)

Sending a decoy into a group of mobs - eg O2 or the Shatters. Instead of running towards the enemy with the cursor behind your character, the cursor is infront of the character, which allows you to be able to teleport a further distance backwords. This coupled with off center means you can teleport far backwords.

Well it depends on the area you are in - in the two examples I put forward, there aren’t many obstacles in the area (Shatters first area does)

I would definently use it in o2. If oryx fires his shotgun directly at you, it would be awesome to get away from it as fast as possible. I think this could be one of the more life saving prisms if you get the hang of it.

I didn’t think of that use for it, that would be really really handy.