Ring of Multiplicity {UT Ring Idea}

Ring of Multiplicity

ring%20of%20multiplicity%20clone-1 ring%20of%20multiplicity(wis)%20clone-1 ring%20of%20multiplicity(vit)%20clone-1 ring%20of%20multiplicity(spd)%20clone-1 ring%20of%20multiplicity(mp)%20clone-1 ring%20of%20multiplicity(hp)%20clone-1 ring%20of%20multiplicity(dex)%20clone-1 ring%20of%20multiplicity(def)-1 ring%20of%20multiplicity(att)%20clone-1

Alright so I’ll put the explanation first because this is going to be a bit confusing. So this ring has multiple modes. It starts off in the first with the white stone (yes, I did intent to use true white, yes I know you shouldn’t do that with sprites, and no I wont change it I like how it fits with the flavor text.) and you can click on the ring. When you do, it will cycle through, changing the sprite and the flavor text and its ability depends on the mode you have activated. The line of text will change colors, kind of like how ST set text lines do. And when it says base mp or base dex or ext. it means that stat before any item buffs are added on.

A stone of pure white garnishes this ring, almost seeming to absorb both light and dark. It seems to draw towards energy, as the stones used to create magic rings do, although it creates none of its own.

• If hp:
    A rich topaz lies atop this ring. Compassion and love seem to flow from it. It feels as if it has been tainted by the sweet energy.
  • If mp:
    A Soft amethyst adorns this ring. It seems as though it trickles power into the one wearing it. It appears as if it has been consumed by the ebbing flow of energy.
  • If att:
    A hot spinel fills the top of this ring. It seems to bolster the power of the one wielding it. It seems as if it has been filled by the raging energy.
  • If def:
    A Smooth onyx is fitted into this ring. It is almost as if strength is pulsing out of it. It looks as if it has devoted itself only to the fortifying energy.
  • If spd:
    A slippery emerald is embedded into this ring. It appears as if space folds in on itself for the one who has it. It is as if it has been completely absorbed by the speedy energy.
  • If dex:
    A chiseled citrine appears in this ring. The person wearing this gains increased agility. Its almost as if it has been taken over by the dexterous energy.
  • If vit:
    A blood red ruby is set in this ring. It seems to make those around it recover faster. It sometimes is as if it is only health energy.
  • If wis:
    A firm sapphire is placed into the top of this ring. It fills those near it with knowledge. You can sometimes hear the wisdom it has been taken by.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Effect: Click on the ring to change modes. Has a 5% chance to change to a random mode after taking 40 or more damage.
  • Stat Bonus:
    -3 (15 for mp and hp) of each stat not selected.
    *hp: +20% of base hp
    *mp: +20% of base mp
    *att: +20% of base att
    *def: +20% of base def
    *spd: +20% of base spd
    *dex: +20% of base dex
    *vit: +20% of base vit
    *wis: +20% of base wis
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 1000

Drops From:

• N/A

So it looks overpowered, but its not anywhere as bad as it looks. It would always round down, and the most it could give for each stat would be 154 hp, 77 mp, 15 spd att wis vit and dex, and 8 def, and those numbers are only for the highest possible base stats. plus, everything else is getting minus 3(15). Its really just to bolster that one state that you may be going for and give a slight decrease to the others. If not, then slightly altered versions of the sprites could be good looking t7 rings.

Gotgot's Super-Duper-Sprite-Pile

I can see how this ring is fair in the terms of hp and mana in general, but holy smokes on a warrior this ring gives about 15 attack @.@ Perhaps on an archer fully buffed it seems a but op. But thats just me.

I mean, is that any worse than the +101 att for the new warrior st set? sure, it reduces speed and dex a ton, but then again, this is reducing all other stats and giving less then 1/5th the buff.

Give the ring a chance to change when taking damage. :sunglasses:

that is a great idea, thanks. ill use that.

Well the individual stats are not too OP, mostly, though they could perhaps not all be the same. But the concept is flawed as normally when gearing up a char you have a hard choice whether to take a tiered ring – Exa HP, Exa MP, Exa Att etc - or a UT, or perhaps 2 or 3. I most often take only one ring, preferring to use any inventory slots I can spare for weapon or ability swap outs.

This is like having an inventory full of Exa or UB rings, one of each type. That amount of flexibility is massively OP. Even if there’s an element of randomness you can just click on it to change it back.

It’s also mechanically not possible, given the current game. I mean, there’s no way to change the sprite, as you describe. Every in-game item has an ID, and that maps to a sprite in the spritesheets. Where items have different colours like the bee armours they are treated as distinct items, just ones with identical properties.

The way you could do it is have the sprite fixed, and show the effect as a status effect over the player. That would be harder to see though – it’s often hard ro see what they are, even with the text and colours changing for each. It’s how other things with multiple effects work though. E.g. the Entropy Reactor. It has multiple effects, but the only way to know which has triggered is from the effect it has in-game.

Concept of the ring is really great.
If it will be added to the game I would be satisfactioned.

I had a shower thought and it was same sorta thing but for armors. I like it but the possible random change= possibly accidentally rushing into MBC or sth from random out of the blue speed buff

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.