Royal Dragon Set

#Royal Dragon Set

Intro

This set is called the Royal Dragon Set. It is the set of an arrogant, self-centered, (thinks highly of himself) dragon. Although, his arrogance has some basis for them.

This set is one focused on getting closer to the enemy. It is revolved around the scepter. Thus, I will show the scepter first. I feel that the current sets aren’t very good b/c there is not sync between the items… its only the stats. However, this set all synchronize with each other.

Each piece is somewhat unique, although I didn’t go with something too unique b/c its a set…

This set is probably not balanced at all… but its close enough, I hate balancing…

Never going to do a set again…way too much work…

Random useless history

So long ago, I had two items that I found was cool, I thought they fit the royal feel very well, so I put it together with two other items to make the royal set. However, I didn’t like the set, so I trashed it. Then like 1 month later, I thought of the dragon breath scepter (which had 1000 effects), then Atrapper said something about the sprite Piggby made looking like a royal.
Then I remembered my two items, so thus I combined them to make the royal set. although the two original item ideas aren’t even used in this set…mainly b/c they didn’t sync very well.

I was going to post this on my 5 year anniversary, but i accidentally remembered it wrong… so i finished early. Ive been working on this… for around two months

Thanks to…

Thanks to @atrapper for the name of the scepter
Thanks for @iamshurima and @proasdfase for looking over my robe
Huge Thanks to @piggby for all the sprites, all the descriptions, as well as the name for the robe.

And…Thanks to you for reading this idea, better if you commented with your thoughts :stuck_out_tongue:

##Dragonbreath Scepter

Summary

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/250794371815964672/277897264209461249/148632633690878.png

You scurry before me like rats fleeing the flame. Do you think you can hide from my storm of conflagration? Pray to your gods tonight, for tomorrow, you will burn.

####Stats:

• Tier: ST
  • MP Cost: 85
  • Damage: -25x + 350. Where x = tiles away .
Damage Graph

• Targets: 7
  • Stat Bonus: +2spd
  • Special properties:
    The “Cone” that it shoots while looking for its first target is increased to 360degrees. Thus, you would have no need for aim.
Summary

http://i.imgur.com/DAYzaOd.gif

• Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 800

####Drops From:

• Doesn’t really matter, idk, some lod chest event?

#More info

Summary

I was envisioning this scepter was a fire breath that is shot from every direction, truth is, I had 2 other abilities on this weapon, which I later removed. One of which was to have the scepter not actually be like chain lightning, but instead for it to go outwards from the user and have like a max range of 8 or something. Thus, it would always get the closest targets. However, I did not want to change the scepter that much, as well as the concept being too complex.
I was originally going to have WIS play a role in the MP cost, but I felt there would be too many variables to bounce around. Also, would be too complex, especially since it’s a set.

The reason for the 360 Degrees was b/c there would be no need to aim (which envisions my fire breath). Also, would always get the closest target, which could be seen as a good thing. However, one flaw with this would be: that you are not able to actually aim, so if you didn’t want to hit an enemy, you hit end up hitting it (but other scepters are also like this, so this shouldn’t be too much of a problem).

The main reason I created this was b/c sorcerer has always been thought of as a “safe DPS class”. Although, I could never hit with the wand. I just mainly used my ability, which is what sorcerer relies on heavily. So, then I wanted to create a scepter that would benefit the sorcerer from getting closer, but I did not want one that had lowered range or anything b/c that was boring and it would make you HAVE to get closer. While, for this, its optional for you to get closer, meaning you can still use it while further away, possibly replacing your other scepter (which is suppose to be the tiered, but no one uses that…), also so you don’t need to swap scepters whenever you get further. B/c people using item swap scripts would have an advantage. Also, with a closer range, you could actually hit things with the wand.

The speed boost is so that the person can get to a hit-and-run with the scepter easier.

The damage is in a linear function, rather than some exponential/quadratic because I wanted people to still be able to use this with some effectivity while further away (so you won’t always have to switch back and forth), but this will still promote people to get closer. However, the real reason is b/c creating a quadratic equation was too much of a pain, and would be too complicated for a game like ROTMG.

The damage may seem strong, but remember that the first few enemies may be close to you, but you can’t control where the scepter bolt will bounce to, so thus it could bounce to unwanted enemies that are far away from you. Thus, dealing very minimal damage. This is also the reason that the number of enemies hit with this weapon does not matter all that much.

Used Separately
None of the set pieces are vital, lots of people would just ditch the set to use this. It would be rather rare for someone to ditch just one piece of the set ( I feel). As some of the set piece’s functions aren’t perfectly in sync with the scepter, they are more tailored towards some playing styles (for each of the pieces). Such as the ring’s possibly being useless for some, while being amazing for others.

##Rod of the Wyrm

Summary

Your kind is not worthy of my attention, plebeians. Vanish from my sight!

####Stats:

• Range: 7

• Shots: 3

• ROF: 60%

• Arc gap: 4 (True range = 7)

• Projectile size: 125 (on Pffifel calc) (normally 100 for tiered)

• Projectile Speed: 200 (cwand = 130, tiered = 150, recomp = 170)

• Damage: 45-50

• Special properties:
    Piercing
    After damaging enemy, If the enemy is below
    (Vit * 3) Hp
    kill it.

Shot Projectile

http://i.imgur.com/Ri6oilN.gif

####Drops From:

#More info

Summary

I did the kill ability b/c I pictured royal dragons, is vert ruthless and rules by tyranny (although you could think of the opposite). So, he kills the weak off. Also, sorcerer is the only class with such a high vit value except for the melee, but with pets, the effect is not important. So, I made the vit on sorcerer significant again. The Priest can also use this since it’s a wand, but the priest’s vit value is not that high. Also, would help gain some killing ability that the priest lacks.

The lower rate of fire implies that royals save their effort; their shots are pathetic like those of commoners. Also, so you can’t just instantly clear a field of minions with the ability. This also allows it to be more effective against higher defense opponents (however, still much more effectively against lower defense). This short of balances with the 3-shots.

Another reason I had it, was b/c scepters tend to damage enemies a lot, but tend not to kill them. So, this weapon was meant to kill the enemies. One thing interesting, it will take different amount of shots to kill each enemy, since the damage from the scepter is different for each enemy.

The damage is quite low, it could be compared to the t7 wand. A wand that beat it in dps at 8 defence. However, this wand also has the 3 shot function and the “kill” function, accompanied by faster shots.
I lowered the range/ had it 3 shot a bit b/c the set was meant for closer combat. The 3 shots still enable longer range combat, but easier to get them all to hit when closer.

The reason for the lower damage range, this is to make the wand seem very consistent. Consistent things are made to seem of high quality, and a wand of the royal dragon is meant to be of high quality. This is also due to the special ability of the wand, so that you won’t accidently deal too little damage to the enemy that it won’t get kill by it. Also, won’t get a high damage, and end up two shot-ing a lower HP minion (while the average damage would have to have three shots to kill).

The reason for the increased projectile speed, is because this wand is so “high quality” that the projectiles move faster. Also, this balances out well with the decreased range b/c longer range and slow projectiles causes it to be very hard to hit opponents. While, when you have faster projectiles, you can actually hit the enemies that are further away, thus enforcing the idea of a weapon that can hit enemies easier.

The reason for the mana boost when you come an enemy is because the royal feels more confident in his power. With this ability, the player generally wants to kill enemies with the wand rather than the scepter. It will kind of be like the concept of last-hit in Moba games. So, the generally playing style would be damaging all the enemies with the scepter and use the wand to finish them off. Although, I can see this as a “leachy” kind of effect. Meaning that they could just go for the kill steals. However, in a group aspect, everyone else could just damage every enemy to just almost dead, and let the sorcerer finish it off.

##Mantle of Ash

Summary

Ha! Filthy dogs, your claws only hone my golden scales.

####Stats:

• Cooldown: ?
  • Range: ?
  • Stat Bonus:
    +5Vit
    -5wis
    +10Def
    +60HP
  • Special properties:

Heal mp for one, every 7.5 -damage taken. Eg. If you get hit by a 90-damage projectile, your armor/def block 40 dmg. You get hit with 50 damage, you also heal 6 mp. When you receive 5 more damage, you heal then heal another mp.
Environmental Damage does not count as damage done to activate the mp boost.

####Drops From:

#More info

Summary

The **Def ** is just b/c its an armor, the set is one that is dangerous and needs more survivability. However, it has the def value of a T10 robe. Why? Well it was actually just b/c I wanted a perfect number to represent the perfectness/appearance of being a royal. However, perfectness/appearance does not win you fights, that is kind of what the def is symbolizing. It doesn’t need that much defence because it reduces the amount of dmg done to you, thus you’ll get less activation from your ability.

A higher hp value is b/c this robe is trying to make you get more dmg done so that your ability of mp gain will activate more, thus you need more hp. Mp is irrelevant b/c HP kind of already fits that roll.

The reason I the damage from tiles don’t count towards the mp boost is discourage lava-walking. Also, I always imaged peasants trying to reach for the mighty dragon, not lava.

The reason there is no wis, was mainly because this robe would be very advantageous on a priest, using a t5/t6/puri tome. So, I guess the thing that I used to slightly balanced it out is get rid of the wis boost. Per 300 damage (approx.) (heal of a maxed wis using a good non-geb tome), you heal only about 20mp

Analysis when Used Separately

Priest/Neco
You may think that this robe will be very effective on the priest, with the t5 tome, he can 1/2 of his heal out from 300dmg worth. However, things that don’t cause this to actually happen is the – 5wis mod. That causes this to have 12 less wis than the geb robe (considered the best robe for priest). Thus, decreasing the effectiveness that it has the priest. However, its not that bad on it, just more as an alternate form of playing style for the priest.
Lava walking is also not a good choice with this robe.
Lots of the time when people would purposely not avoid as much shots so it goes towards your mp, but that is very risky, since your hp actually gets low, and you may not react as fast with a heal (especially with necro). Also, the possibility of getting quieted would put all that to waste.

Wizard
I guess this could allow the wizard to pump out even more damage, especially if you are the type of player that is rather far and rarely will get damaged. However the tiered robes have a an attack boost. Probably won’t run this robe.

Mystic
You wouldn’t really use this since the wis mod would hurt her, also she doesn’t get damaged as much (because she has the stasis).

However, you can still run it if you need more mp to stasis (like rushing), which is usually when you want to rush, but the def loose can be a reason in not using this.

Another time when you use the orb is for the damaging/berserk, thus you are sacrificing hp for dps. Which is a possible move if you’re not too concerned about your survival (in easier dungeons/glands).

Wouldn’t get used as much with people with high level mp heal.

##Pendant of the Dusk Talon

Summary

A midnight claw that glows dimly. If too much blood is spilled, light erupts

####Stats:

• Stat Bonus:
    +4 Wis
    +40 Mp
    +4 Vit
    +40 Hp
  • Special properties:

If you lose 75% of your maximum HP in the last 1.5 seconds after 0.5 seconds you become Stasised (just like enemy stasis/when your paused, immune to purify) all enemies in 3 square radii gets stasised, and you heal 25% of your hp. All for 1.5 seconds’ time. Max HP does not account for buffs from non-equipment.

• Feed Power: 500

####Drops From:

#More info

Summary

So, since the scepter is best used when getting close to the enemy, so I wanted something that would allow the player to get closer easier. Although, I did not want a basic def/HP ring. So thus, I created a ring, that you actually might want to get hit more. In most scenarios, you would not actually activate the ring, but will receive lots of damage. The trick is, this ring is actually causing you play even risker to get its benefits. Although, you could just use the special property as a backup (which is what lots of players would do).

The reasons for the stats is: Since this is a set, you don’t need all the weapons to be at the tops level. And it already has the special property. The set’s key point is the scepter, so some extra mp would be nice. Also, since you are going so close, the extra hp helps. The vit helps with the wand, and the wis is just to mirror the stats and allow you to use the scepter more. Since this dragon is very elegant, royal, self-centered, even snobbish, thus everything about him needs to be “perfect”, thus needing “perfect symmetry of the stats.

Not used in the set:

I can see this effect being used in tombs and shatters. Probably wouldn’t be as good for shatters, b/c you’d probably just get instantly killed by the ice sphere. For tomb, it would not be all that useful in lots of scenarios b/c, usually you get shot gunned by a blast, and you wont get hit by anything else until the boomerangs come back / the sphinx artifacts chase you.

Set Total

Total Set bonus: +4Def, +40 Hp, +4 vit, Ability costs 10 mp less
Total stats from set: +2spd, +105Hp, +105 MP, + 13 Vit, +14 Def, - 1wis, Ability costs 10 less.

##TL;DR

Summary

The scepter gets more dmg in if you are closer to enemies. The wand allows you to automatically kill enemies if they under a certain value. The robe heals mp when you recieve dmg. The ring/necklace creates a pause function when you receive lots of damage at once

##Change history:

Summary

###Change 1

Wand:
Removed “Does not kill them if they are over 50% of their total hp.”
Increased the multiplier from 1.5 to 3.
Lowered ROF to 100% to 60%, while increasing dmg to be basically the same as before.

Robe:
Increased hp needed to gain 1 mp point from 15 to 7.5.
Causes tile damage to not contribute to MP gain.
Stat change: +50hp, -25mp
I wanted to decrease the stats more (for the robe), and increase the stat buff while using the entire set, so the robe won’t be insanely powerful in healing classes.

Ring:
Changed my massive long description to stasised. Although, it won’t apply as much b/c many enemies are not stasis-able, but that’s fine.

###Change 2
Changed some sprites and names and descriptions.

New UT Katana: BurnShard Katana
Hellstone Ring + Satanic Archer Set
Format Breaking

we already have a dragon set, and we already have a sorcerer set. do we really need a dragon sorcerer set?

wand:
I don’t there there’s a threshold for the instakill where it won’t either be super OP or totally useless. also why do you need to make the true range as long as possible if the point of this set is to “go deep”?

scepter:
decent, but the 360 aim would probably be annoying to deal with and would probably be a pain in general

robe:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ring:
too niche to be that useful. also the “instapop” phenomenon this would be trying to protect you from is as it sounds, instant. I doubt the game could reliably load fast enough to protect you, assuming of course that you actually didn’t die immediately from the attack.

overall I feel like this is pretty “meh”.

Okay, so first things first.
This set as a whole looks a bit underpowered, but that can be overlooked right now.
I don’t really get the wand. Vit? are you talking about your vit or the enemy’s vit. It’s basically a wand version of that one draconis sword.
The robe could also use a little bit of work. I like the idea of absorbing an enemy’s damage to get mp back, but only 1 or 2 mp? A pet could do more without you taking damage, which would render this robe useless.
Nothing wrong with the scepter as I see it.
The ring is kind of like my old idea New Trap Idea: The Gambler’s Snare
where a random effect is assigned whenever a certain condition is occurred. But as @proasdfase said, "These have never been experimented with enemies and the potential to give an enemy a buff and kill your teammates shouldn’t happen. To be honest, an item that completely relies on RNG to distribute what you want doesn’t belong in this game, it just hinders good ol gameplay."
Overall: 8.5/10

we do?

oh well, i started making this before the other was released…i work too slow i guess[quote=“Xaklor, post:2, topic:5458”]
but the 360 aim would probably be annoying to deal with and would probably be a pain in general
[/quote]

oh interesting[quote=“Xaklor, post:2, topic:5458”]
overall I feel like this is pretty “meh”.
[/quote]

yeah i looked at this idea too long, i dont even like it anymore[quote=“GetMlged, post:3, topic:5458”]
are you talking about your vit o
[/quote]

your vit[quote=“GetMlged, post:3, topic:5458”]
which would render this robe useless.
[/quote]

its just the every little bit counts, pro and shurima said i needed to increase the heal, but you can just think of it as a high wis value.[quote=“GetMlged, post:3, topic:5458”]
where a random effect is assigned whenever a certain condition is occurred
[/quote]

no its not. there is no randomness.

lmao wat. monsters don’t have vit xD

scorch’s ring is nothing like that at all. there isn’t a random effect, it just makes you invulnerable for a brief time if your HP drops extremely fast and you’re in danger of popping

conducting wand, scepter of fulmination, robe of the mad scientist, experimental ring.

Ah, I see it now. I thought the dashes meant “or”. My bad

oh that one

oh well, gives no set boost.

So the scepter’s minimum damage is 150, right? 150 to 7 targets. That is less than the t4 scepter, and the t4 scepter has more range.

The catch is that here, I have to get within 6 tiles range to match the damage of the t6 scepter.

Even if I don’t have to aim, I still have to be able to see my targets within 6 tiles.

no? its 0

x- axis is tiles away and y-axis is dmg done

But the range is 8 tiles.

Let me rephrase that. The least possible damage you could get whilst still damaging is 150 to 7 targets.

no, b/c the bounce could end up hitting an enemy 20 tiles away.

the range means in between each shots

I guess I don’t really understand what you mean.

it works the same way as normal scepters

Oh I see.

But then you wouldn’t be able to choose what you target first to ignite the chain, right?

Just asking for confirmation.

nope, it automatically just hits the closest target

And I’m guessing this is what makes it balanced?

hmm, true is, it was actually just one shot like 2 days ago. But i recently changed it, i guess the key part was the lowered range. But you also need something to atk enemies when you back out (B/c your dying)[quote=“Xaklor, post:2, topic:5458”]
too niche to be that useful. also the “instapop” phenomenon this would be trying to protect you from is as it sounds, instant. I doubt the game could reliably load fast enough to protect you, assuming of course that you actually didn’t die immediately from the attack.
[/quote]

yeah, i originally had it once you get that much dmg, you instantly go protection mode, then realized like… very late, that it would just basically be an auto nexus, so i changed it. If this wasnt a set, i would’ve trashed it, but sets generally have a trash ring, so its fine[quote=“Xaklor, post:2, topic:5458”]
we already have a dragon set,
[/quote]

yeah, i looked at the date, and i think i started this just before it came out, oh well, i didnt even really notice the new set since its was sb and i hate lods :stuck_out_tongue:

I find this set quite weird.
It smells a bit of ‘trying too hard’ - that’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it isn’t really in the spirit of the game, and makes everything just seem… strange.

I like the descriptions, but I’m not a fan of the sprites - in my opinion, the palette is far too limited, and the ring… is a bit top-heavy. I like the concept overall however; I guess this rather over-thought set is a fitting tribute to the hautiness of the LoD bosses.

thanks[quote=“Puffagod, post:20, topic:5458”]
but I’m not a fan of the sprites
[/quote]

well piggby made it, im not picky with art, at first look by themselves, they didnt look all that great, but together i like the look[quote=“Puffagod, post:20, topic:5458”]
I find this set quite weird.
[/quote]

yeah, its a weird set[quote=“Puffagod, post:20, topic:5458”]
‘trying too hard’
[/quote]

yeah guess so, i personally just disliked the sync between the current set items, the only one that has some form of sync is the warrior one.