Sacred Beam Spell {UT Spell Idea}

Sacred Beam Spell

Sacred%20Beam%20Spell-1 Shot-1

Legends tell of a scroll that taught those who read it to wield rays of divine light. Those were blasts so powerful, that nothing could stand in their way.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost When Held: 30 mp/second. Mp heal disabled.
  • Range: 16
  • Projectile speed: 10
  • Damage: 110-230 (170)
  • Stat Bonus: +5 dex, +30 mp, +4 wis
  • Special properties: Shots hit multiple targets, shots pass through obstacles
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 950

Drops From:

• N/A

More info

A spell that instead of exploding from the curser, rapidly fire(so that the shots line up perfectly) from the player, heading towards the curser. Even if the curser moves, the shots at the end of the line move with it. So yeah, its basically a laser beam spell, not much more to say.

Interesting side affect…

If your talking about the mp heal disabled, its just while holding the ability key. All of the non speedy stars have that too, its to prevent perma ability use with things such as armored, berserk, and in this case, a laser beam.

I would love to have a spell like this, but without the projectiles following the cursor, they should just move in a straight line in the direction they were originally fired.

also, how many shots would be fired per second?

I’m not exactly sure, it would depend on the projectile speed and all, but it would be so that the beam is one continues thing. That’s also why it would keep following the mouse, so that the beam looks like its on continues thing.

If it follows the mouse, it can’t look like a continuous beam…

That’s why the shots follow the mouse the whole way. Let me try and better explain it, so when you move the mouse, the shots that are already fired will move with it, so it will stay as one the whole time.

Is that even possible? That would require teleporting shots already in the air.

I think it would, it just might be a bit difficult. It just has to make it so that the shots continue to follow the mouse after leaving.

but then the laser would be curving, not straight. It would have to teleport…

this idea would be better suited for sorcerer… and maybe it could do expose?

I could see sorcerer, and maybe for exposed. The main problem with that is its already piercing and passing through obstacles.

considering it’s a light beam, I think it passing through obstacles is pushing it

Well the idea was kind of that its blasting out a beam of light and energy so powerful that nothing, not walls or creatures, can stop the beam.

seems kinda op… plus it has good stats, fame bonus, and feed. This would have to be an endgame item, and is too powerful for most seasonal item additions. The only place I could see this working would be if it dropped from image
and shot things like these lasers AI Alien Laser Shot
thinking on it after reading that it peirces players and obstacles, it could be implemented as a ufo drop themed item thing.

This would be too broken, however, and would need a damage reduction and/or a restriction as to what angles it could be shot at. Since the Alien Ufo quest shoots them with 90 degree arc gaps, but yours only shoots one beam, I think a preset 30 degree angle aiming limitation seems fine. Cool new ideas are always fun to see until some kid like me comes and ruins it for you, but please give me feedback because I risked getting a 0 on my econ final to write this :3

the sprite for the spell if you like my jank ufo idea could be one of these three shown parts of the ufo that shoot the lasers. image image image image

also… hmmmmmmmmm Shot-127IJV8p sus af

its fine don’t worry I did the calculations and even if I got a 0, I would still have an A- in the class due to some extra credit I did earlier this semester.

edit: I’m still in econ final right now though…

I kinda like the idea for the spell, but I thought the spell itself needed a better sprite for it, so I decided to create this sprite, hope you like it☆
sacrad%20beam%20spell