Skull of Valiant Self-Sacrifice

Skull of Valiant Self-Sacrifice

Sprite pending, I’m a bad artist so feel free to cook one up yourself.

The skull of a valiant holy warrior. His tragic sacrifice to the cause may be long forgotten, but righteousness lingers in his bones.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 100
  • HP Cost: 200
  • On Party: Heals 150 HP, Healing for 4 seconds (or heals 200 HP)
  • On Self: Bleeding for 4 seconds, Damaging (or berserk idk) for 4 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +180 HP, +10 VIT, +5 ATK
  • Special properties: Works more like a seal or helm than a skull, takes your HP in return for party heals. The heal does not apply to the player.
  • Cooldown: 5 seconds
  • Fame Bonus: 8%
  • Feed Power: 1,400

(These would all need to be adjusted for balancing and to add wismod, these numbers are just to get a general picture of my idea.)

Drops From:

• ?

More info

I came up with this when thinking about how necromancer can’t ever heal without enemies to siphon HP from. The natural progression of that thought is to make a skull that sacrifices your own HP for heals. From there I thought about how I could make the skull have some other utility as well, and came up with the damaging or berserk buff.

This would be a nice item for players looking to help and carry less skilled friends, as well as a very important item for end-game necromancer players looking for a DPS increase, with the tradeoff that they need to be out of combat or extremely skilled at dodging in order to keep themselves alive while using it. I also thought it would be cool to have a skull that contrasts heavily against the rest in the necromancer’s collection :smiley:

I don’t know exactly where this would drop yet, but it should be an end-game dungeon or area. Possibly one of the new realm rework bosses. The lore could be adapted to a boss with a similar theme.

personal i like the idea but the stats I would say aren’t quite right just yet for example the hollow necromance skull gives 10 attk and damaging buff with no heals but also no health cost https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/memento-mori and so I’m not sure this skull would really fill a nich but its a cool concept keep working on it pls

Ohhh, I forgot to look at all the ST skulls.

Perhaps it could do something like a temporary +20 ATK +20 DEX instead of damaging or berserk. I’ll have to look into the numbers and math for those buffs at some point.

Thanks for the interest!

Self-damaging party heals would be sick. Would have a nice niche as a swapout to turn necro into a berserk priest at the cost of self-healing. It could lead to a fun meta where 2 necromancers is optimal, rather than just priest with fungal tome.

Also here’s some potential sprites if you’d like
image image image

True, two of them would be pretty crazy!

Thanks for the sprites! I really like the first one, might end up using that. I did imagine it being a bit more holy or radiant in appearance, as a bit of a contrast to necro’s other abilities, but it being stained red by the brutality of repeated self-sacrifice is an interesting thought as well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.