[Soon new thread] Idea gathering for a New Dungeon

I love that sprite!!

Will be releasing the dungeon next week.

iā€™m waiting for it lazy boy :wink:

Where is the released dungeon ? I press f5 for ages !!

Lazy is the right word. Most of it is done, but it lacks some sprites and I have yet to format it.

Yup, thatā€™s a bump.

Really creative idea, Iā€™m loving it so far (especially the enemy sprites) I would absolutely love to see some blond reskins of the minions :smiley:. Suggestions/comments:
-Make sure to emboss your sprites into a transparent background, not the gray! Common mistake that makes it look, for lack of a better word, ugly.
-Polish up your lore, it needs some improvement! Uninteresting, needs some buffering.
-As others have pointed out, having a 1/100 drop chance for essentially 10 USD isnā€™t logical.
-Smugglerā€™s Favorite: bit of a bland name. Sprite looks amazing, though. You have two durations (5.5 and 6) and Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re trying to get at. Good concept, pretty creative. Darkness would be the better option here, for (as you explained) you are forced to uncloak to see your surroundings even though thte CD is perfectly timed with the cooldown.
-Flower of the Cellar: another boring name :confused: Sprite is also odd, Iā€™m not sure what you were trying to achieve. Put the damage over 5 seconds, as itā€™s how other poisons are formatted and makes it easier. Very interesting concept, I would love to have this as my assassin.
-Bronze Torque: Change ā€œTorqueā€ to ā€œTorc,ā€ as the latter is the original and does not imply anything else. Pretty good item build. I would highly recommend chancing this to " Torc," as it would be much easier to design the sprite and it would look far more visually appealing.
EDIT: Just noticed your post regarding a pixel art program. Not sure what you mean by ā€œautomatically modifies your sprite if you change [the colors],ā€ but I would highly recommend GIMP 2.0 and the extension Gā€™MIC for all art. Theyā€™re both free, have a sharp learning curve, and take quite a while to download, but once you get the hang of it this combination can easily match up with PS. Iā€™m willing to do some pixel art for you if you would like.
EDIT 2: Finished making some improvements to your sprites! Keep in mind that these are just quick ideas/improvements, nothing serious.

Possible sprites for the poison.

Your coloring was a bit off for the cloak, made some improvements. A potential alterative as well.

Potential Torc sprites.

Tweaked some aspects of the Satyr.
EDIT 3:

Finished rough draft of the portal.

Potential dagger from the dungeon. Do whatever, but Iā€™m thinking of something with high damage but the direction that the shot is fired in is randomized.

Thank you for that feedback!

Iā€™ll try to write a concise answer as I have not that much time to give right now.
no background for sprites is in progress. The first ones were done with the editor, as I donā€™t have a script for the natural game shading/ outline. I know that those exist on paint, but I canā€™t install it for some reason (my W7 canā€™t be updated).
I am already familiar with gimp (I use PS6 for my work), and any links to useful spriting scripts will be appreciated.

My lore is acutally quite developped already, but my flavour texts and item names are bad as I am a non native speaker. Feel free write some.

The cloak went through many versions, hence the variations.

The poison is representing this, but I agree it needs some rework:

I didnā€™t knew Torc was more common, Iā€™ll also resprite it but I donā€™t really like your versions.
I am also not satisfied with the dungeon portal, but I would like to keep the glowing effect (that represents the glowing of torches/ a campsite far in the distance. It will also be used for another project.
I do not wish to add more drops from this dungeon, 2 enough.

All right, Iā€™ll spend some time thinking about ā€œflavorā€ texts.
The potion basket looks a little odd and in pixel art simply does not blend in at all, I would highly recommend taking another idea.
I donā€™t know if ā€œTorcā€ is a more commonly used phrase to represent that specific item, but that way it looks more unique and cannot be confused with other definitions.
My dungeon portal does look pretty odd, your portals are far better. For the glow of the portals, however, be sure to change that to an orange-yellow if you want to make it represent the glow of a campfire or something similar.
I would love to see my cloak sprite in there, however. I know itā€™s just a few small color changes but that goes quite a long way. Look at them side by side and youā€™ll see the difference.
It seems as if Iā€™ve got it wrong, but whenever I think of grapes my mind automatically snaps to purple. Green is more popular, so just ignore my Satyr tweaks. Make sure to add those corner pixels for the border, though, the sprite looks odd without them.
I personally donā€™t use any scripts, some simple hotkeys is all I need to create sprites.
Good luck, and I hope to see the finalized version soon! Youā€™re over a week past your expected date, try and speed it up a bit, man.

lol, what about a new robe.
This robe could probably make you suffer from debuffs 50% less, basically, armor break only does half of your defense, but have about 10-15 defense. Itā€™d also increase attack by 1, increase mana by 20, and decrease spd by 2. Fame bonus? 6%, feed power: 550.

OP already indicated that he wanted no other items. It is an interesting concept, but I donā€™t think that it would belong in a dungeon full of drunk Gauls.

Armor are not supposed to have special effects :slight_smile:

I will be late by 2-3 more weeks at least, full time job and scientific research to finish first.

Not a problem. Iā€™m willing to help you out if you tell me what to do to speed up the process.

Actually I have to redo all my sprites in bitmap (gimp/ PS6). Would you like to be part of the project? Do you have discord?

I would absolutely love to be part of the project! :smiley: I do infact have discord, contact me @ Narwhql#2102

You are invited.

Love the key! :grinning:

Does this dungeon have a name? How about ā€œDrunken Domain?ā€

Not yet, and I like your idea!