Spore Vice- A UT Trap by Atrapper

Hey guys, I’m Atrapper.

Now, I may be biased here, but I feel that there is a lack of UT traps. I feel like a new UT trap would be a welcome addition to the game. So, here it is:

Spore Vice

This trap was taken from a psychedelic mushroom creature. A single whiff of it causes hallucinations.
Stats:
Trap: 250 HP within 5 sqrs
Hallucination for 6 seconds

On Equip:
+2 Attack
+3 Wisdom

MP Cost: 125
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 850

Now, the most obvious question is, “What does Hallucination do on enemies?” Well, I think @Dappertron thought of the best way of applying Hallucination to enemies in Dapper Ideas and Classy Classes.

Hallucination would cause enemies to target, but not damage, other enemies. That would make this trap incredibly useful for things such as the Forgotten Sentinel fight. Most bosses will be immune to Hallucination.

Note, enemies that aren’t affected by Hallucination will not attack Hallucinating enemies.

So, I hope you guys like the idea! Tell me what you think about it.

Alright, thanks for reading!

Vote for your favorite white bag ability poll closed the winner is: Traps!

um its not bad, i would’ve given this a higher rating if you thought of that effect, but its not bad. Sprite is simple and easy to tell.

I rarely see you post ideas! Post more!

For a while, I tried to think of a way of implementing Hallucination on enemies, but none of them were as good as Dappertron’s. It’s just the perfect way of applying it to enemies.

It’s actually kind of funny. I tried to make a really complex sprite at first, but I eventually just went with the sprite that I have now.

I love making ideas, but I like to play the game a ton, too. It helps me understand which classes are balanced, which ones are underpowered, etc.
Additionally, I’ve been working on a bigger project recently. I think I’ve showed you some screenshots in Discord.

yes, all you idea makers go for that never ending dungeons that im too lazy to read…

oh well

You remember how complex Obsidian Summit’s mechanics were, right?

Yeah, it’s like that, but each encounter will have its own mechanics.

you make it sound like i read it…

i have never read a dungeon more than like 5pages.

I’ll just briefly explain the final boss mechanic here.

The boss has 2,000,000 health.
First, the boss teleports to one of 4 locations. The players need to stand on platforms to make him go back to the center. Then, these invulnerable enemies spawn where he would’ve teleported, as well as 4 killable ones. All players take tons of damage if the killable ones aren’t killed in time. Then, after they’re all dead, the players gain Invulnerability and have to stand on the platforms again. After that, the invulnerable ones become vulnerable. Destroying them spawns 4 more of the killable ones. After killing them, the boss takes 10x damage for 20 seconds, meaning that if players deal 10,000 (100,000) damage per second, they can take him down in one phase.

Using the atrapper system:

Huh looks pretty good. Nothing wrong here.

3/10.

This comment is really insightful.

I rate it -100000000000000000000000/10.

/s

Nice sprite, I love the effect but the hallucination seems a bit too long, where does this trap drop from? I’d say Megamoth is a good canidate. Overall I really like the idea!

8/10

I think it’s a good candidate, yeah, but I think it’d be best for this to drop from a new boss.

:confused: too long… ill…read it later…[quote=“Atrapper, post:13, topic:9449”]
brief.
[/quote]

for a dungeon… still too long…

The best part is that’s brief.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.