The Bearer (Remastered) - JohnMH

The Bearer

A class by JohnMH.

“The Bearer uses her magical crystals to envelop herself in a magic shield.”
Bearer%20Lg
Unlocked by reaching Level 20 on Ninja and Paladin.

Uses:
  • Katanas
  • Crystals*
  • Robes

Skins

Classic Skin
Bearer
Bearer%20Mask

Alternate Skin 1 - Lady of Draconis
I’m not sure how I got here, but thank you for undoing the spell. I am in your debt.

Lady%20of%20Draconis
Lady%20of%20Draconis%20Mask

Alternate Skin 2 - Grandmaster
Master of all things magic. And katanas, apparently.

Grandmaster
Grandmaster%20Mask

Slime Variant
Customize your Bearer with this Slime Bearer skin.

Slime%20Bearer
Slime%20Bearer%20Mask

Christmas Hat Variant
(Replaces Classic for the duration of December.)

Bearer%20XMas
Bearer%20XMas%20Mask

Stone Variant
At first I was afraid, I was petrified… then I realized I could still move. Craig is really bad at spells.

Stone%20Bearer
Stone%20Bearer%20Mask

Kingdom Variant - Shadow Saboteur
“Though… not every piece of the puzzle fits perfectly…”

Shadow%20Saboteur
Shadow%20Saboteur%20Mask

Halloween Skin - Dreadstump Bearer
Yarr! Ya think me costume looks good? I even dyed me hair for it!

Dreadstump%20Bearer
Dreadstump%20Bearer%20Mask

Demon Joker
THE WORLD IS BUT A GAME, AND YOU ARE THE PLAYERS! I AM THE ONE WHO IS FREE, FREE!

(Very big reference to Jevil, from Deltarune. Credits to Toby Fox.)

Demon%20Joker
Demon%20Joker%20Mask
(Not-Jevil colors)
Demon%20Joker%20Alt

Stats

Level 1 Stats Per Level Level 20 Average Stat Maximum
Health 150 20-30 625 720
Mana 100 5-15 290 385
Attack 12 1-2 42 60
Defense 0 0 0 25
Speed 10 0-2 29 50
Dexterity 12 1-2 42 50
Vitality 10 0-1 20 30
Wisdom 15 1-2 45 75

Crystals

If you remember my original Bearer thread, you’ll know that the ability gave you a field of visibility, where you would remain hidden to enemies not in that field.

Well, that’s changed. The new Bearer ability trades this out for a new mechanic that will be very helpful to the user: Health Shields.

The premise of this is that you use Mana, and you gain a temporary shield over your health that will take damage for you instead of you taking direct damage. It will, of course, drain over time - at a rate of 5% of its maximum value every second - to prevent abuse, and it can only be reused when at 50% shield, in which it will not stack.

At the end of its duration, if you take damage above 30% of the remaining shield health, you will take the remaining damage to your health. Otherwise, you will be spared of the damage.

A gold - or associated UT color - bar will be placed directly between Health and Mana for this class only, and upon using an ability, it will light up like a traditional bar, showing you how much is left. If you have HP Bars on, it will also show a bar underneath your Health bar that will have a gradient.

Here’s a quick example, even if it isn’t 100% accurate to what it would look like:
ReBearer%20Bar

Note: All Crystals will naturally have a cooldown of 3 seconds after the shield has depleted. This is to prevent spamming.

Tiered Abilities

Crystal%20Tiered
(These will be listed from left to right.)

White Crystal - Starting Tier

A bright and powerful crystal with the power to aid the user.

Shield HP: 95 (+1 every 3 Wis past 50)
MP Cost: 55
Starts in Crystal slot

Oceanic Crystal - Tier 1

Sounds of the distant sea can be heard from the inside.

Shield HP: 120 (+1.2 every 3 Wis past 50)
MP Cost: 60
Drops in:
Loot%20Bag%202

Cupid’s Crystal - Tier 2

Strangely, Cupid did not own this, but is said to have made it instead, granting it favorable power.

Shield HP: 150 (+1.5 every 3 Wis past 50)
On Equip:
+1 Vitality
MP Cost: 70
Drops in:
Loot%20Bag%202

Soul of Malphas - Tier 3

Despite its name, it has no relation to Malphas. Regardless of this fact, it is still quite powerful.

Shield HP: 185 (+1.8 every 3 Wis past 50)
On Equip:
+1 Vitaity
MP Cost: 80
Fame Bonus: 1%
Drops in:
Loot%20Bag%203

Crystal of the Ancients - Tier 4

This crystal thrives off of the power of ancient gods, gifting the user with great prosperity.

Shield HP: 225 (+2.3 every 3 Wis past 50)
On Equip:
+2 Vitality
MP Cost: 90
Fame Bonus: 2%
Drops in:
Loot%20Bag%203

Crystal of Black Magic - Tier 5

Dark forces were said to have forged this crystal for evildoings. How it ended up in holy hands is a mystery.

Shield HP: 260 (+2.8 every 3 Wis past 50)
On Equip:
+2 Vitality
MP Cost: 100
Fame Bonus: 3%
Drops in:
Loot%20Bag%205

Crystal of Charitable Deeds - Tier 6

One of the most pure crystals to have been found in the realm. It is very structurally sound and emits a warm glow.

Shield HP: 275 (+3 every 3 Wis past 50)
On Equip:
+3 Vitality
+1 Wisdom
MP Cost: 105
Fame Bonus: 4%
Drops in:
Loot%20Bag%205

Mother Nature’s Blessing - Tier 7

A truly magnificent creation, straight from the hands of Mother Nature herself. Nothing can get as pure as this.

Shield HP: 330 (+3.5 every 3 Wis past 50)
On Equip:
+4 Vitality
+3 Wisdom
MP Cost: 120
Fame Bonus: 5%
Drops in:
TiQJZwv

Untiered Abilities

Crystal%20UTs

Chaos Manifest
ReBearer%20Bar%20UT%201

Wreaking havoc has never felt better! This ungodly crystal uses its pain and sends it back to the enemy.

Shield HP: 425
While Shield is Active:
Armor Broken to Self
Enemy receives remaining damage taken ×4
Shield Drain: 10%/sec
On Equip:
+3 Attack
-5 Vitality
MP Cost: 110
Cooldown: 4 Seconds
Drops in:
from Janus the Doorwarden

This Crystal bends the usage of its ability into a much more offensive one. The user will have no Defense, but for the remainder of the ability, they will send whatever damage their shield takes back to the enemy multiplied by 4.

For example. If you took 400 damage, your shield would take this damage and return it to the enemy for 1600 damage.

It comes with very high risk, but if used properly, could be very helpful in dealing damage. It also has the highest base Shield HP, but is the only crystal with no wis mod and has the highest Shield Drain with a whopping 10% per second.

Relic of Balance
ReBearer%20Bar%20UT%202
A pure balance between good and evil that come together and form a beautiful, powerful bond.

Shield HP: 235 (+2 every 2 Wis past 50)
Shield Regeneration: 20/sec
On Equip:
+3 Wisdom
+3 Speed
Cooldown: 5 Seconds
Drops in:
Loot%20Bag%205
from Limon the Sprite God

This Crystal is a far safer alternative when longer periods of time are concerned. It has less Shield HP than a Tier 5, and a relatively low base HP gain, but it is the only shield that will gain HP with time, and gains more base HP quicker. Due to this, it can be used as a safety measure when performing a rush or when things get intense while you’re trying to survive.

Soul of the Unwilling
ReBearer%20Bar%20UT%203

A lost memento of the mysterious man by the name of Esben. Its properties are far more peculiar than that of a traditional crystal.

Shield has no HP
Shield Duration: 12 Seconds (+0.5 every 5 Wis past 50)
While Shield is Active:
Incoming damage nullified by 30%
Enemies hitting the user are Slowed
Effect on Enemy:
Slowed for 2 Seconds
On Equip:
+3 Defense
-3 Speed
MP Cost: 100
Cooldown: 2.5 Seconds
Fame Bonus: 6%
from Esben the Unwilling

This crystal throws out the usage of shields entirely. Instead, it will make the user take 30% less damage and will inflict Slow on any enemy who hits the user, unless they are immune.

This sort of effect is a very situational one. If you are trying to escape or rush, this can come very much in handy for getting past enemies, lest they are unable to be slowed, and if you are bold, it can be used very carefully to act like Skull of Esben where you can slow things when you otherwise couldn’t.

Spirit of the Pure
ReBearer%20Bar%20UT%204
One could hardly call this a crystal, yet only Bearers can tap into its potential. Its power is unique and unrivaled.

Shield does not have HP
Shield Duration: 8 Seconds (+0.4 every 5 Wis past 50)
While Shield is Active:
Immune to negative conditions
Incoming damage nullified by 15%
On Equip:
+6 Vitality
+5 Wisdom
Cooldown: 4 Seconds
Fame Bonus: 6%
Drops in:
from Lord Ruthven

This crystal follows the same principal as Soul of the Unwilling, but it instead trades the ability to slow enemies with the inability to take negative status effects. This can prove to be extremely helpful in situations where status effects are very common, much like Manor of the Immortals itself.

It also nullifies damage by 15%, much like Soul of the Unwilling, making the user less susceptible to damage over a longer period of time rather than all at once. It is much harder to use due to it having a short duration and not nullifying much damage.

ST Set - Dreamscape Bearer

Bearer%20ST

Dream Ripper - Katana
Bearer%20ST%20Sm

There is no reason to fear your dreams.

Damage: 95 - 140
Range: 5
Shot Speed: 8
Shots hit multiple targets
Ignores defense of target
Rate of Fire: 115%
On Equip:
+2 Wisdom
Drops in:
ThON0a5
from ???

This katana follows quirks of a couple things. It mimics the double pierce of Queen’s Stinger Dagger, and has more Rate of Fire with less Shot Speed much like Symbiotic Ripper. It also has a bit more range than tiered katanas. It can be very helpful for enemies with high defense while not having to worry about range. It is beaten by Masamune until around 40 or so Defense.

With the full set equipped, the projectile changes to:
Bearer%20ST%20Lg

Northern Star - Crystal
ReBearer%20Bar%20ST

Your dreams are there to protect you, not harm you.

Shield HP: 320 (+3.5 every 4 Wis past 50)
Shield Drain: 0%
When Shield is Active:
-25 Speed
On Equip:
+3 Wisdom
MP Cost: 95
Cooldown: 2 Seconds
Drops in:
ThON0a5
from ???

This is, in theory, a stronger version of Relic of Balance. It has more Wis Mod, more Shield HP and the cost is less. However, this crystal will not regenerate or drain, and the user will be much slower so long as the shield is up. Because of this limitation, it is advisable to use it carefully, as you may find yourself in a tough situation from using it.

Glimmering Mantle - Robe

They are there to carve a path that you may follow into the future.

On Equip:
+10 Defense
+60 Maximum MP
+12 Wisdom
Drops in:
ThON0a5
from ???

This robe takes traits from both Tlataoni’s Shroud and Ritual Robe. It has moderate defense, high MP and a lot of Wisdom, but in turn, does not provide any Attack at all. This makes it a better option for ability-based play specifically while keeping its defense.

Starlight Pendant - Accessory

So do not run from your dreams. Pursue them. They will guide you.

On Equip:
+50 Maximum HP
+40 Maximum MP
+5 Wisdom
+4 Defense
Fame Bonus: 4%
Drops in:
ThON0a5
from ???

This ring is pretty basic. It has less stats than that of the Experimental Ring, but provides Wisdom instead of Vitality. It’s usable, but unless the full set is equipped, it’s not going to be the best ring.

Total Stat Bonuses of Items:
+50 Maximum HP
+100 Maximum MP
+14 Defense
+22 Wisdom

Full Equip Bonus:
+75 Maximum HP
+25 Speed

Total Stat Bonuses:
+125 Maximum HP
+100 Maximum MP
+14 Defense
+25 Speed
+22 Wisdom

Added to Maximum Stats:
895 Maximum HP
480 Maximum MP
60 Attack
39 Defense
75 Speed
60 Dexterity
30 Vitality
97 Wisdom

To-Do List

• ST Skin for full set, and mini version of said skin.
  • Balance tweaks, probably.
  • Drop locations for ST items.

Thank you for reading all of this! I made sure to give this one my all, even if the concept behind it was a little more basic than what I typically go for. Feel free to tell me what you think in the comments, and I’ll answer any questions/consider any changes you may have.

Update 1
Full Set Bonus:
Removed Dexterity bonus and reduced Mana bonus for 15 more Speed.
Update 2 (thanks to Orsome)
Tiered Crystals:
Tweaked MP Costs and added Cooldowns; reduced HP of some Crystals
Untiered Crystals:
More Cooldown time (and added to Soul of the Unwilling)
Chaos Manifest Shield HP reduced by 50
Update 2.1
Minor fixes to post and added class description.
Update 3
All Crystals start gaining shield HP at 50 Wis instead of 30.
ST Set full equip bonus nerfed slightly.
Dream Ripper damage slightly nerfed.
Northern Star cooldown increased.
Glimmering Mantle Defense and Wisdom tweaked.
Update 3.1
Minor changes to tiered crystal appearances.
Added “Demon Joker” skin.
Update 3.2
Additional info on Dream Ripper added.
Fixed up issues regarding inconsistencies in the shown stat bonuses of Dreamscape Bearer.

Demon Joker Skin (Jevil)

meh

same

From the ST set set bonus’ I would remove the 10 dexterity for 15 more speed, effectively nullifying the abilities speed loss

Not a bad idea, actually.

This is a great idea, but I suggest the ability to transfer taken damage to a random enemy in a certain radius for a given amount of time, this way it is more of a team class instead of a solo, selfish class. If the given enemy were to die, the amount of time that the enemy is transferred damage to ends, and the cool down starts.
I think the name of the class should be changed, as there is already an item called the soul of the bearer, I feel this would confuse some players.
But overall, great idea! I would love to play on this class!

Having every class be a support class may be a little bit… much. Ninja is already a class that is not necessarily support outside of one ability, and Rogue is almost entirely not support but has the capability of supporting in a few scenarios. That does not make either of them less fun or viable if a class, though.

More selfish classes aren’t really a bad thing. Classes like Warrior and Mystic already have things that make them more fit for more solo play, as they have effects on self (that aren’t limited to Tier 6 like Tomes) while still providing very good support.

Besides, having damage reflected at the enemy is what I already did for Chaos Manifest. That’s the entire idea behind it, but it instead reflects it back to the enemy that hit you.

As for the name change, I’m not entirely sure what you would call this class, but it isn’t like items having names mix necessarily does anything bad. Demon Blade, for example, is a blade just like Sullen Blade and Void Blade. There is also a Garment for both Robes and Leathers.

The Blade Dancer
Voodoomancer

Both of those ideas are relative to their abilities. Mine isn’t as easy. Literally the only thing I can think of is “Gypsy”, which makes no sense with katanas in mind.

The Gypsy sounds like a budget and hippie version of the Mystic.
Mate, I really love this class idea though, it’s made for me.

Glad you enjoy it regardless. If you can think of a more suitable name, I’ll definitely have an ear out.

Alrighty. I like the name Voodoomancer though.

It still doesn’t fit with a class that uses Crystals, though, nor does it really fit with the ability usage. There is already a Voodoomancer class idea out there, as well, so I don’t exactly want to be copying.

I thought of the crystal shield thing more as a prayer to the dark gods type of thing, like the description of the prot or oreo.
I didn’t know there was a Voodoomancer class idea, i’ll check it out now.

That sounds more like a “channeler” type of thing with that description.

Great idea once again :+1:
The katana classes lack some real tankiness, so the ability is good and, not only that, it fits the “heavy armour - hides - robes” which I really want to see if a third katana class is released. The shielding is essentially an HP increase much like the Seal, but for yourself only I assume? If it can stack with normal HP increase buffs then it might be a bit overpowered. 720 max HP seems like a lot if you can boost your HP to 1000 with the T6 crystal. Maybe reduce the shielding a bit, or the classes max HP? I think the latter should be reduced, since it is a robe class. But in the end, it’s up to you.

This is a female class correct

Why does that even matter?

Because it’s GGaod, why else?

It does stack, but I completely forgot about the cooldowns. This is the entire reason the second bullet of the To-Do List is there, since I was more than sure it could be messy. I’ll go ahead and make tweaks.

As for the shield, theoretically, yes. It will drain over time, however, excluding Relic of Balance and Northern Star, which differs from the HP increase of Paladin.

Also, for the health portion, where you mention:

I specifically made it 720 due to the fact that the Samurai is a Heavy user, yet it also has 720 HP, which is a little dumb, but still applies.

(Yes, by the way, @GGaodzilla.)