The Ring of Unity {UT Ring Idea}

Ring of Unity

New%20Piskel-1

A legendary ring forged from the bond between heroes. It is said that whoever wears it will gain power from those they fight beside.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Effect on Self: For every Priest and Paladin: +5 hp. For every two Archers and Huntresses: +1 dexterity. For every two Knights: +1 defense. For every two Ninjas and Warriors: +1 speed. For every two Wizards and Samurais: +1 attack. For every Mystic and Sorcerer: +5 mp. For every two Tricksters and Rogues: +1 wisdom. For every two Assassins and Necromancers : +1 Vitality.
  • Range: 10 tile radius around player.
  • Fame Bonus: 1% for every ten players in a 20 tile radius.
  • Feed Power: 1000.
  • (edit) Speed, defense, dexterity, wisdom, vitality, and attack bonuses max out at ten.
  • (edit) Life and mana bonuses max out a one hundred.

Drops From:

• N/A

More info

Just something I thought up of and decided to make it my first item post. It would theoretically drop from some endgame thing, like the Lost Halls, Shatters, or Nest, but I figures those have enough white bags already, and none of them fit it thematically. By yourself, its worthless, but in a large group it can be overpowered, so I’m open to balancing suggestions such as adding a stat cap, or something. Whatever it is, I just want it to keep the same feel of being a ring that rewards you for teamwork.

Gotgot's Super-Duper-Sprite-Pile

That would be amazing, but crap when soloing a dungeon its a good concept very situational

Enters USWest2
I am become god

I suggest having it cap out around a small bit more than omni’s stats, and making the stat gains less/take more players

Yeah, I think I might either add a cap to the base six stats, or nerf their buff, because just looking at the amout of people I would have gotten is USWest2, that’s +17 dex +24 def +20 spd +33 att +13 wis and +13 vit. However, hp was only +65 and mp +5, so those would probably remain the same.

Thanos ring

Man… we already got that steam rolling events. This isn’t helping

idea is interesting but would be absolutely broken in pub halls runs. Like people said, there should be a cap, and also sprites could use some work ngl

What is the term “unity”? I am unfamiliar with it. I’m sorry, I’m just so used to dragging and getting other players killed…

im just kidding thats a joke pls dont ban me xO

Yeah, I added a cap that balanced it out more, while still keeping it as an endgame ring. I’m not terribly happy with the sprite myself, I just had the idea and decided to try and throw a sprite together. But now that I think of it, I like the sprite a bit more, as it fits thematically. its a round ring, (so to say, as it is pixilated) just a singular surface, made from gems and metal, unified into one. But I still get where your coming from with the sprite, and I probably should have spent some more time on it.

ok bo-
jk
Idea is broken without a cap btw

enters 100 man LH
i am become death, destroyer of worlds

still op. in a halls run for example it would be better than omni. for all the stats that matter, anyway. I suggest capping life and mana at 80 and all other stats at 5.

I think with that though, most people would just use an omni instead. It is supposed to drop from something lost halls level or higher, so that works with it being more powerful sometimes. Also, most of the time your not going to reach max stats for most of them. Even with USWest2, it would have maxed out dex, def, spd, att, wis, and vit, with only 65 hp and 5 mp. Maybe make it so that it requires two for the six core stats, but I think that most of the time, your going to have trouble maxing out all eight stats.

Wait… then you just made it useless. It’s now only better then omni in very specific situations. It’s max hp and mp is the same as omni white its other stats max only one higher then omni.

@Gotgot 100hp/mp is fair. 10 of every other stat is not. Maybe a 6/7 cap would make a lot more sense

I have no clue how to balance sorry :<

Hmm. I’d like to throw in my idea at a rework of this ring, that tries to accomplish the same goal in spirit but in different execution:

Base Stats:

• +30 Max Life
  • +30 Max Mana
  • +3 Attack
  • +3 Defense
  • +3 Speed
  • +3 Dexterity
  • +3 Vitality
  • +3 Wisdom

For every other player wearing the Ring of Unity within 40 tiles (20 tile radius), gain the following bonuses:

• +10 Max Life
  • +10 Max Mana
  • +1 Attack
  • +1 Defense
  • +1 Speed
  • +1 Dexterity
  • +1 Vitality
  • +1 Wisdom

Stat bonuses cap at 100 for Life/Mana, and 10 for other stats. This means that the bonuses stop at the 7th ally wearing the Ring of Unity (or total 8 players wearing the Ring of Unity).

Ring of Unity matches Omni in normal stats at 1 ally, or 2 total Ring wearers.
Ring of Unity matches Potato/Crown in normal stats at 3 allies, or 4 total Ring wearers.
Ring of Unity matches Omni in life/mana at 5 allies, or 6 total Ring wearers.

By having the bonus apply only on wearers of this item, this drastically reduces the power of this item in steamroll groups- however it absolutely shines in highly organized runs where players can coordinate to wear the Ring of Unity together (hence the idea “unity”).

At full power, it trades blows with Entropy’s ST bonuses, but at the benefit of being able to freely pick your weapon/armor- therefore easily outperforming Entropy as a whole set, provided you have that many players with a rare and powerful white bag such as this one.

Whoa, VERY cool idea!

I agree, really adds to the unity theme (Unity port when xd)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.