Tome of the Lost Spring: A UT Tome Idea by POWER

###UT Tome: Tome of the Lost Spring

(Tome sprite created by me; projectile sprite from this page)

An enigmatic manuscript emitting an otherworldly glow. Sealed shut by enchanted vines, it releases only hints of its immense power.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 25
  • Heal Amount: 60 HP
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 450
  • Projectile speed: 0.3
  • Lifetime: 11000 (same as bulwark)
  • Range: 6.6
  • Projectiles do not vanish on contact with players with full HP

####Drops From:

• Ent Ancient (only when buffed fully)

####Explanation
Why would there be a projectile associated with a tome?

Actually, this tome works in a completely different way than other tomes. Instead of instantly healing at a range, activating this tome releases the projectile at a slow speed in a random direction. This projectile behaves like projectiles from the Wand of the Bulwark, except it is even slower. When an enemy touches this projectile, it passes right through; when a player touches this projectile, however, they are healed by 60 HP. Players with full health do not affect projectiles to prevent trolling and abuse.

tl;dr projectiles heal by 60 HP

This tome is much more versatile than other tomes: it allows the priest to control the timing of heals (emergency heals always available). Note that, even though the HP/MP ratio is relatively high, the projectile only heals one player, making the tome very inefficient for conventional group-healing purposes. However, a priest with this tome can serve an arguably greater role in the team, providing controllable heals and store-able heals whenever one needs it.

Furthermore, this tome potentially makes the priest a viable solo-class for dungeons: here, the high HP/MP ratio (comparable to T5/T6 tomes) combined with the small increments for fine tuning benefits the priest as they can charge a high amount of heals before a boss fight.

Tell me what you think!

Necromancer Set Sprites

This is really cool, but I can’t decide if it’s overpowered or underpowered.
If the projectile works like all other projectiles in realm you can only get hit by it once, and in that case it would be kinda bad, but if it can hit people multiple times you would have to bump up the mp cost a bit.

Tbh, I’m still trying to wrap my head around this item, so whatever I said is probably just wrong.

But what I can say is, cool idea and awesome sprites.

i really like this idea! i also liked the others you posted! nice job.

Its quite interesting with the low mp cost and low heal, you can spam this quite easily.

were these old items that you created long ago? Consider adding a wis mod?

@JonassMann I also can’t decide whether it’s overpowered or underpowered, lol.

@Scorchmist The concepts behind these items are from former ideas of mine, but I can’t find the original ideas due to the sudden shutdown of WS forums.

I feel 25 MP is very little. Assuming that the priest has maxed mana at 385, that means that the Priest can spam that space bar a total of FIFTEEN TIMES (900 HP in heals), not to mention the potential of having Rings or armor that can give you mp. If a priest has a GSorc and a Sphinx, that gives the priest 540 MP, allowing the priest to use the tome 21 times, which means that the heal amount is 1260 HP. Now, Imagine a priest with a Divine Pet with level 100 Magic Heal, sitting there, spamming at 8/8 Knight who is standing still. The knight would literally be unkillable. Now, you may be saying “But there’s Projectile Speed!”. If the priest stands close enough, but not too close, when the knight starts to take a bit of damage, the projectiles will start coming in. Even at level 20 Average, the priest will be able to spam that space bar 11 times, resulting in 660 health healed. The priest would just have to walk in the direction they are shooting in and, because the projectile is so slow, they can walk through it healing a few hundreds of health at a time.

My Suggestions:
-Increase the MP cost to 60-70
-Have a bit of a cooldown on the tome (2-4 seconds)

Other than that, I like the Idea!

You could do the same with a regular tome. Let’s say you have a tome of divine favor (200HP/80MP). You could heal four times (800HP), and be close to a fifth heal (1000HP). The HP/MP ratio for my tome is actually lower than that of high-tier tomes, and it only heals one player. In that sense, it is extremely underpowered.

Cool sprites

I love the concept of “storing” your heals. Also helps people who aren’t the priest so they don’t have to walk around calling “hp” and the moment the priest notices, the character is dead.

It does seem a little underpowered, since it takes more time to get the healing off than a divine favor, and can only heal one person, but it’s very creative I’ll give you that. Its just that since it only heals one person, it feels like it would be a tome meant to heal specifically one person. This also means that people with full hp might just accidently take the healing for themselves when they dont get anything out of it. So it’d be very hard to maintain healing in a big group.

So the priest has a wave of healing around it. I like it! Seems kind of underpowered at first thought. Maybe inflict some damage to enemies?

@PwrNewAcct I just wanted to write this to tell you how much I enjoy your ideas. I saw your sword idea recently and thought it was splendid. This tome is very unique and fair. It’s very balanced and creative and I love that you spend lots of effort on this. Please continue making ideas as I’m sure they will all be great.

GUYS! GUYS! I found a new sprite-r! This guy is great!

Like seriously look at his sprites!

On topic: Seems great! All of you ideas are so original and creative! Please keep making more! Also, seems quite balanced, and I would look forward to using it.

cool idea except for where it drops from
let it drop from the tower in shatters

never said that about me :cry:

Don’t worry curlip! Did you see that when this same guy made the sword idea that I called you to make an amazing sprite! Your skill is not unnoticed!

love the name and sprite but the stats confuse me

Slight clarity edit and bump.

Nice idea and i really like the sprite!

I really like it. It’s innovative and a nice change of pace from other tomes.

Excellent sprites and a cool concept. It sounds balanced to me.

I’ll give a well deserved +1!