UT Spell - Bloodrage

###Bloodrage Spell
"To back their cause with force, hearts screaming in battle fury, enraged and ready"

Just a little spell concept that’s been floating around in my head lately, that I haven’t seen before. You’ll probably be confused by the stats, but just read on and all will be explained. (thanks to @AidanGe for shaded sprite)
####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 125
  • Damage: 225
  • Duration: 4s
  • Number of shots:4
  • Cooldown: 6s
  • Range: N/A
  • Effect: Grants Berzerk for 2.5s to allies if hit
  • Stat Bonus: +1 att +2 dex -5 wis
  • Misc: Pierces, will damage enemies more than once
  • Lifetime: 2500
  • Feedpower: 500
  • Fame bonus: 5%
    ####Drops From:
  • Golden Abyss Statue

##What’s so special about it?
Well, this spell is stationary, and it has a parametric shot pattern. What this means is that the bullets will rotate around one space kinda funky like so:

The shots will originate at the center and rotate around those lines.

##More Details
The spell will exist for four seconds with the shots going through their orbit at one rotation per second. As you read, they will be multihit shots, so if enemies are paralyzed or slowed inside of the “damage zone” of this spell, you’ll be able to get some serious damage out. As well as damaging enemies, you’ll help your teammates by giving them berzerk for 2.5s every time they get hit with one of your shots (does not stack)

This spell will be useful for situations where you will drag enemies back, such as the lost halls or shatters. You could also slam this spell on top of a boss and do some MAJOR damage if you place it right, on account of the multihit.

I think this spell fits the niche for a UT spell for the wizard, without being too overpowered or cliche.

##In Closing
Feel free to criticize and destroy my idea completely. (yeah, I did re-use the sprite, this was what I wanted it to be used for originally. Thanks for looking!

Per shot?

I personally LOVE the idea, just, please, shade the sprite. I can make it shaded for u if u want.

And the shots go around one half of the parametric pattern every second? Or how does that work? I think, instead of doing that, you make the bullet speed match that of the Bow of the Morning Star, or even make it slower, as in in between the speed of the Morning star bow-the bulwark even.

Btw, i never say, “Fuck u ur idea sux go to hell.” I always say constructive criticism.

The multihit idea is amazing, but it wont work if the shots don’t go through enemies. They pierce enemies right?

Here’s the shaded sprite for u:

It is literally the same thing, but it is made so that people wont go to an extent to murder your ideas because of shading. I know this from experience.

Link to earlier works for those interested.

On to the spell itself.

But it is overpowered…

Which means that each bullet will make 4 rounds on that figure eight that you’ve drawn (make it larger, I had to squint). So with 4 bullets, it has the potential to dish out 5200 damage. Do you not see a flaw in that.

You’re making a remote activation bulwark that deals massive damage.

Also how is that shape parametric. Just say it shoots them in the bulwark pattern, or in a figure eight.

it is named that way in the RotMG XML and the Pfiffel DPS calc.

deal w/ it :sunglasses:

Looks great! I hope they add this to the game :smiley:

By “multihit”, do you simply mean that it pierces enemies, the usual meaning of that word in RotMG? If so, then I don’t think it’s possible to do what you’re thinking of. Bullets can only hit a target one time, no matter what. Try letting an Ent God hit you and then walking back to take that bullet again, it won’t work (if I remember correctly).

But if by “multihit” you mean a new kind of bullet that can hit a single target more than once, then nevermind what I just said.

Indeed it is. That’s probably the name because it’s a figure that can’t be represented on a plane by a function that accepts as input one of the coordinates and spills out as output the other coordinate. It can only be represented on a plane by a parametric function, that takes as input a parameter and returns as output the values of both coordinates. It’s definitely not the only parametric figure out there.

Yes, per shot. Four bullets go around the figure 8 in opposing directions at one whole rotation per second. It is in between the speed of the bulwark and bow of the morning star at the moment I think. Thank you for the sprite! :^))))

This looks like a better tablet out-right; Might as well make this the new tablet, minus the same projectile hitting 4 times. However, this can be circumvented by creating 4 projectiles every 1 second. It’ll create a beautiful death blossom.
Die, Die, Die!

I do think that the berserk is quite overkill. Any reasoning behind that? It seems powerful enough as a multi-hit piercing projectile.

Berzerk is only applied if your ally is hit by the shot, otherwise, they won’t receive a buff. That’s a pretty good idea, circumventing the limitations that way…but I feel like it will lose an aspect of the “new and exciting”.

Besides, how hard would it be to create a new kind of bullet? They created an entirely new script for the paladin seal.

@Doc Whine cellar, delete, or close please, need to start over with this idea.

Close it is.