17 Item ideas by Scorchmist

[details=Introduction]There is a running joke that i seem to think of many ideas but never post them, so what i did now was spend less time developing ideas and more time posting!

##I barely balanced or thought of situations for these, these are probably a lot worse than my old ones.

the interesting section are just the more recently put together ones but with old ideas, the boring section is newer ideas that was put together a while ago.

My descriptions are of different styles than normal in game sprites, and i tried to get some good names, but if you know me, i am rather weak at english. I spent most of my time on sprites, then naming/description rather than thinking about the idea. not including when i thought of the idea concept.

Some comments were written before revisions so they may sound weird or not apply anymore. If there are errors feel free to tell me.[/details]

[details=Interesting ideas]

[details=Ancient Helmet ]

Once known as the boundless helmet that brought many warriors to fame, but over the years, it has rusted and its power has been drained.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Mana: 100
  • Range: 4
  • Effect:
    Damaging, +5Def, + 50Hp on self for 2 Second
    Berserk on group for 2 seconds
    Speedy for 3 Seconds
  • Cooldown: 10 Seconds
  • Stats: +6 Def, +1 spd, +1 atk, +1 wis, +1vit, + 1 dex, + 10hp, +10hp
  • Fame Bonus: 4%
  • Feed Power: 500

####Drops From:

• Somewhere

####More info
So, this is a rather interesting helmet, typically when you play warrior you just perma your helmet.

But with this you have to be careful with your uses since it has an whopping 10 second cooldown.

But the effect is quite strong, 2 seconds of damaging, berserk and hp and def increase. This makes it a good hit and run on things like events or bosses. But you must use this sparingly.

The highest mana of any helmet, but don’t worry, the cooldown actually makes this a helmet that even people with rather bad mp heals can still use this effectively.

This helmet is meant more for solo play, since with groups you can get a much longer berserk and damaging buff.

The rather low stat buffs for each stat represents how it has worn out over the years, and how extraordinary it once was.[/details]

Robe of inner corruption

This robe taints the user and causes their weapon to lose its synchronization with its user

####Stats:

• Effect:
    Your weapon range = normal value * 0.75.
    This equals to a 2.1375 range decrease for tiered staves
    And a 2.25 range decrease for tiered wands
  • Stats: +15 Def, +60 Mp, + 30 hp, +5 Vit, +4 Atk, +4 Dex

####Drops From:

• Doesn’t really matter

####More info
I originally wanted this to have high dps, but felt that this would be just used in the easy steamroll locations, so decided to go with more of a even distribution.

This is probably terribly balanced and probably has a situation is insanely OP.[/details]

Berserker’s Helmet

Uahhhhh!!!

####Stats:

• Stats: + 5 Dex, -10 Spd, +5 Def
  • Mana: 65
  • Duration: 4
  • Radius: 3.5
  • Effect:
    Berserk to all,
    Speedy to self, +20 spd to self (only 10 up than average since you normally have a -10spd)
    Unable to stop moving. For example, if you remove your movement key, you will still move in that direction. Similar to the ice, but without slowing you down. Let’s call this unstoppable.
    Damages enemies for 200 Damage
  • Cooldown: 0.75 Second
  • Fame Bonus: 5%

####Drops From:

• Drop location 1

####More info
The reason I added the damaging enemies is because generally when you want to add negative effect, you reduce the mana, but mana with warrior is pretty useless since most people can perma-buff. Thus, you have to add something positive.

Unstoppable makes it almost impossible to slip through enemies’ bullets. If you don’t use the damaging effect, this is a very bad helmet to use.

The lowered defence boost makes you more vulnerable with an also vulnerable effect, making this heavily an offensive helmet. Hence the name, Berserker’s Helmet.

The speed reductions mean that the person is tired from being berserk. Also makes the user have a super slow and a super fast non-stop mode. Two extremes.

The radius being 3.5 allows you to test your range with your sword, since tiered swords are 3.5 range.

If you have low mp heal, this would not be a good helmet to use. This is meant for people with legendary or divine mp heals.

The lowered cooldown allows for you to spam the damaging effect; however, it won’t be that simple. Why? Read the paragraph below. This also makes mana/high mp heal useful for warriors again.

This damaging within radius and the never stop moving pared together make a very interesting effect. Since the damaging you are required to get close to enemies, but with the negative effect you might run through the enemy and get shotgunned. The effect makes it hard to get the enemy within range without being too dangerous. However, this is only in effect when the helm is activated and you want to use it again for the damaging. So, it wouldn’t require lots of skill to use every so often, but more skill is required if you want to use the damaging when in unstoppable mode. When not using it in unstoppable mode, you would instead be quite slow making it difficult to use a hit-and-run method that you would instead probably use in unstoppable mode.

I think the stats and effects truly fit the name Berserker.

Scepter of soul reaping

Offerings for ME! MUHAHAhahaa…!

####Stats:

• Targets: 6 (+1 for every 10 WIS over 50)
  • Damage:
  • Effect:
    If this scepter kills an enemy, the “leftover” damage is carried onto the next enemy along with an extra 50 dmg + (wis – 50) * 4.
  • Stat bonus:

####Drops From:

• Somewhere

####More info
There are quite a few changes with this scepter.

Instead of a decrease in damage/enemy, instead it increases. This changes your playing style significantly. This promotes you to aim for the weaker/less important opponent first. But one disadvantage to this is it may cause your shot to never reach your preferred target since sometimes jumps are sometimes unpredictable.

Typically when you mean a sprite god, you don’t really want to waste your shots on the sprite children since it lowers your damage and wastes your number of shots. However, with this you aim at the sprite children to start to get the damage to increase along with the extra damage from kills.

Resulting in higher damage dealt to the significant enemy. This is make you stop being annoyed at wasting your shots on these insignificant enemies.

Bow of Tranquility

Bow in which envelops the user in a mystical aura…

####Stats:

• Shots: 1
  • Rate of fire: 100%
  • Damage: 162-162
  • Range: 7
  • Effect:
    Shots are invisible. Still able to see damage applied.
    Your cursor/aimed spot does not move when your character moves. Usually, when you move, so does your cursor. If your cursor pointing location is off-screen, then it gets relocated to the side of the screen. Lets call this “Non-following”.
  • Projectile Speed: 16
  • Stats: +2spd

The white is this bow
    ####Drops From:
  • somewhere

####More info
I chose bow for this idea since swords, daggers and katana’s have rather close range and thus is easier to hit. Staves being invisible is weird b/c of the two shots. Wands are so far away that not being able to see if it hit or not is rather more important. Also, wand classes don’t really worry too much about their safety.

With this, aiming becomes relatively easier since you do not need to worry about your movements affecting your aim as much.

The reason the range of the damage is so low is so you can kind of tell if the enemy is being hit by the numbers above its head. Although its relatively difficult if there are a ton of other players, but its better than nothing. I also thought of this bow was very high quality, thus having a lower range.

The reason for the name, is tranquility is meant as being in a calm state. The mouse following your character movement can be thought of as erratic. But when you are calm, you can control your aim much better. Also, tranquility sounds cool and matches with the blue colour of the sprite.

Helmet of the Fallen Samurai

Spirits of our fallen Samurai! Come forth and aid us!

####Stats:

• Stat bonus: + 8 Def, +2 spd, + 40 Hp

• Mana: 90

• Radius: 5.5

• Duration: 5.5

• Effect:
    Berserk, + 50 Hp to those in range, +5 Atk
    This effect does not get stuck on users like typical helmets, it instead stays on the ground and only players within that area are affected. You can move in and out of the range, which makes you gain and lose the effects.

• Cooldown: 6.5

• Fame Bonus: 5%

####Drops From:

• Somewhere

####More info
Warrior is usually a very mobile character, wanting everything to be fast. With this, it makes the characters planted on the ground where the effect was laid. I felt that fallen samurai fit since samurai has a strong will, so they will still linger there after death. However, the lingering spirits can’t move, so thus the effect is stuck there.

The samurai spirit gives berserk because of their fighting spirit, and hp boost because of their toughness. Also needs something extra compared to normal helmets.

There is no self buff, because samurais are users who fight for someone else, like the lord or country.

The grounding effect causes this to be situational ability that would be best used at bosses or checkpoints to fight monsters. However, this gives slightly different boosts compared to traditional helmets (semi-pun), this gives an extra hp and atk boost. So even when the grounding effect is not optimal, using this helmet is still an option, but would just instead take a lot of skill or planning to use to achieve the maximum potential of this helmet.

Trap of Hawken Spirit

Before passing, the Hawk has ingrained its powers onto the trap
####Stats:

• Effect:
    When holding space: If you are off-centered, the portion of space in from vs. the space at back changes to a 10:0 space. Originally it was an approximate 7:3? Look below for example.
  • Mana: 70. 15Mp/sec while holding space.
  • Deploy time: 0.75 Second
  • Lasting time: 12 Seconds
    The actual shot:
    Paralyze for 1.5 Seconds
    Slow for 3 Seconds
  • Radius: 4
  • Damage: 200
  • Stat bonus: +30 Mp, +30Hp

###More information:
So generally you want to look further b/c…
see what’s coming (enemies and shots)
what spawns
pick off earlier  lessening the load

###Playing styles
Foresight: small time to look ahead.

Planner: look further to create the best possible situations, how the enemies will be eliminated the best possible way. Since this is only a small paralyze/slow, it will require more planning since you cant take the easy way out and totally disable the enemies for a long period of time.

Sniper: look ahead and shoot. Trap goes further.

Divider: divides the group of enemies so less enemies will attack/charge at you.

2PrO4u: always is holding space and become op

Low radius because you already have it easy to hit/maximize the number of enemies from the further range.

The lowered arming time makes it easier to plan things out, since you have more time. Hawk is also a very fast animal.

The lowered lasting time encourages people to plan things out and not randomly throw this, discouraging looking far and not actually aim the trap much, but just randomly throwing it and hope eventually an enemy step on it.

Scepter of the Astute Tactician

Sprite made by @Curlip i changed some colours a bit

Today with this brimming innovative technology, your scepter’s effectiveness is amplified beyond two-hundred percentile!

####Stats:

• Mana: 85
  • Effect: Gives off two bursts. The 2nd burst comes around 0.1- 0.5 seconds later, basically right after.

The first burst

• Targets: 5
  • Damage: 0
  • Effect: Auto kills enemies under

. Does not count for sb damage.

Second burst

• Targets: 4
  • Damage:

• Stats:

####Drops From:

• Drop location 1

####More info
The first burst is meant to kill any of those small buggers that make you waste your shots, like sprite children for example.

The 2nd burst has less targets since after the initial purge there tend to be less enemies, so thus less targets.

I had a hard considering what to be the second burst, won’t really share it because I plan on making it into an idea :stuck_out_tongue:

[details=Boring Ones]

Wand of Wicked Sorrow

• Damage: 140-300
  • Rate of Fire: 45%
  • Range: Screen Range
  • Range of explosion: 2.5
  • Projectile Speed/Time to hit: 1.2seconds
  • Stat Bonus:
  • Special properties:
    The shot pattern for this wand is like the assassin’s poison/huntress’s trap

####Drops From:

• Doesn’t matter, can do a chest event or some new dungeon or some mystery box.

####More info
This creates a somewhat different playing style for the sorcerer and priest.

Strengths: Wand classes often can hit lots of enemies with their piercing, but enemies don’t tend to line up for the user, even if they do, you have to get in the right position to shoot them. However, they are mainly in clumps because when they all follow you (eg. Glands) that’s usually what they turn into. This is where this weapon will shine

This in a sense is a form of obstacle piercing, it can also go over walls, this is a very powerful tool, thus the dmg of this relative to the recomp had to be significantly lower, despite the weaknesses, making this a situational weapon.

The lowered rate of fire is to produce less lag on screen. Also for you to “value” each shot more since you have low firing rate. This makes this weapon better against those with high defense.

Weaknesses: With this, you won’t have immediate defensive precautions against enemies, mainly enemies that try to rush you. Usually you have the shot, not matter how slow it was, if the opponent was right in front of you, if would hit them.
The range is quite high, this isn’t good. For example, if you had one that did 200-200 damage, you would know that it takes 3 shots on this clutter to kill all 8 enemies, but with the high range the clutter may take longer to kill with 4/5 shots needed. Although some enemies dying earlier is good.[/details]

Trap of bubbly fun!

bubbles. Bubbles. BUBBLES!

####Stats:

• Mana:
  • Radius: 5
  • Effect: After activation within the radius, it creates 6 bubbles randomly within its area. Bubbles do 170 damage. Bubbles have a rather small radius, if it can even have different radius sizes? The bubbles disappear after the trap disappears
  • Deploy time: 1 second
  • Lasting time: 20 seconds
  • Duration of activation: 10 seconds

####Drops From:

• Somewhere

####More info
There are some noticeable differences. First thing is that since after activation It doesn’t explode like other traps, usually when it doesn’t do that you only get one enemy lots of the time. But with this the bubbles stay allowing you to achieve maximum damage.

The second difference is that the bubbles can only hit one opponent, thus there is a cap for the maximum damage achievable. However, with this you can get a stable amount of damage off.

Playing Styles

Dragger: Dragging the enemies on the bubbles

Wall: Use this as a wall to protect yourself, since typical walls die from even one enemy. Although not the best since its unlikely that you can kill the enemy from the power of this trap.

Also ways that normal traps can be used (for damage)

Dagger of Western Flight

Is this…! Is this alive! It’s flying!!!
####Stats:

• Damage: 90 – 110 (100avg) + (7 X tiles away) . Max damage = 143.7
  • Range: 6.2
  • Projectile Speed:
    Speed = 3 x tiles away.
  • Stat Bonus:

####Drops From:

• Somewhere

####More info
One thing you may notice is, that it has higher damage and higher range compared to foul. Why is that? Well the ever-changing projectile speed, it makes it really hard to aim properly. You can use this close range to negate the speed change, but cause as much damage as a t7-t9 dagger. This dagger is clearly meant for long range, usually when you are long range it means that you cant get close because its dangerous, so when your in a dangered situation you also have to deal with this annoying changing speed along with enemy bullets.

Playing Styles:
Rocket Wall: If you shoot lots of times while slightly moving your mouse, you create a wall of initially super slow bullets. Causing rushing enemies or close enemies to get obliterated. However, they will soon pick up speed and launch it self at the enemy, faster bullet speed is generally used when you want to hit the enemy before they have the chance to move, and that is what this does. In a sense, it creates this wall for approaching enemies

Normal: How you play Teired

At first I didn’t have a changing damage, but im not sure if it was a good change :thinking:

Venomous Dart

Pathetic. Darts are USELESS!!! Muhaha….uhhh ahh… AHHH!! It was poisoned….

####Stats:

• Damage: 650
  • Duration: 3
  • MP Cost: 70
  • Range: 8
  • Effect: This travel differently than normal poisons, it moves as a shuriken/a shot.
  • Projectile Speed:11
  • Stat Bonus: +3Spd, +3Dex

####Drops From:

• Doesn’t matter, some box or chest event.

####More info

If you want to get in damage quickly this would be better than a tradition poison. With this you don’t need to predict motion as much, while you still need to consider side to side a bit, you do not need to worry about front and back (relative to you). However, now you can’t go over enemies head.

One thing to note is this can only hit one enemy, thus not to use this as your main poison.

I have a high projectile speed so it can actually hit enemies that are further away.

I don’t want this to have a higher dmg/mp than murky since that one is hard to hit and this one is easy. Even if this only hits one enemy and can’t go over enemies.

This is probably extremely un-balanced but im too lazy to balance it, ive been procrastinating balancing this thing for like half a year

Slime Staff

Sprite by @PwrNewAcct
Who’s idea thought that putting slime here was a good idea?!

###Stats:

• Range: 7
  • Shots: 2
  • Arc Gap: 0
  • Damage: 85-110
  • Rate of fire: 80%
  • Projectile Speed: 130 (Cosmic is 180)
  • Lifetime: 539 (according to Pffifil’s DPS calc)
  • Feed Power: 800

###Drops From:

• Doesn’t really matter, some mystery box or chest event.

###More info
So, a typical staff has two shots that move in that pattern. But since this is a slime staff, the bullets are stuck together, resulting in single shot staff, but not truly a single shot. A normal single shot staff is more effective vs. enemies with higher defense. However, compared to tiered staffs, this (in my opinion) is a better staff vs. bosses, since vs. bosses with tiered you need both shots to hit, and lots of the times its rather difficult to get both shots to hit (when you need to move and dodge and such). This is further amplified from other stat changes discussed below.

Lower Range: Causing the player to go closer to the enemy. Which pairs up nicely with the spell, since the spell is based on getting closer and dragging the enemies onto the bullets.

Lower Projectile Speed: Basically, the same as lowered range. Encouraging the player to go closer to the enemy. Also, matches with the name of “slime”, which usually implies slowness.

Lower ROF: Also, there to symbolize the “slow”. Along with making this more effective vs. bosses.

Balancing: This staff beats cosmic/Sentient after 19defense, making it not the best staff for things like god land farming.

Slime Spell

Sprite by @PwrNewAcct
Ahhh! Your Slime has destroyed my magnificent spell!

####Stats:

• MP Cost: 80
  • Shots: 8
  • Damage: 275
  • Projectile Speed: 0.5
  • Range: 4
  • Stat Bonus: +2 Spd
  • Feed Power: 800

####Drops From:

• Doesn’t really matter, some mystery box or chest event.

####More info
So, this is a spell with less shots, super low range, and super low speed. So, what does that make?
This spell functions similar to the my other one(link)

The super low range is so that the bullets won’t be in play for too long, mainly causing less lag. Some other possible uses is if you want to contain the spell-bomb. Such as places like the tomb where you only want to hit one opponent, but be careful, since if you don’t get all the shots to hit or at least shoot it off-course the other bosses have a high probility of running into the shots.

There are less shots since it would make it easier for the player to identify and target which shot to drag the enemy it into. Since if there is like 16 bullets, you’ll just drag in the general direction, but with only 8 shots, it’ll require more precision.

Since there are less shots, that allows defence to not be as big of an issue.

##playing styles:
Wall: You can continuously spam these around you with you as the epi-center or just around you. Thus creating a wall of bullets that can mow down enemies that charge (abyss,etc.)

Efficient Bomber: If you don’t get the perfect spell bomb, you can drag the enemy into the bullet. Assuming your skilled enough, the enemy will follow you and the enemy is fast enough.

Mine Field: Similar concept to the previous two, you create a mine field of these and drag opponents through them. Similar concept to the void blade.

Spawner: I thought of this one from the void blade, its pretty similar to the mine field in where you spawn a bunch of enemies, instead of dragging the opponents will spawn on top of them (cem bosses).

Containment: This is when you don’t want your sho41 to go all over the places to not hit other tomb bosses or activate things like the abyss idol.

Gladiator Net

Ahha! Catcha!

####Stats:

• Damage: 10
  • Mana: 40
  • Radius: 5
  • Effect: Slow for 3.5 Seconds
    Can’t have more than 1 group of enemies affected, meaning after you have a group slowed, you can’t use your ability in the duration that they are still slowed.
  • Deploy time: 0.3 Seconds
  • Lasting time: 0 Seconds
  • Fame Bonus: 500
  • Feed Power: 4%

####Drops From:

• Somewhere

####More info
Quite similar to the t0 trap. But a bit different.

I have always wanted to do a trap that doesn’t stay on the ground and moves fast towards its target like those gladiator nets. But didn’t think of a way to do it perfectly (too lazy to think of one), but then the new update came.

Meant for quick slowing, to be comparable to the speed of a quiver. How a quiver continuously moves and doesn’t stay, and how it moves fast. The limited use is meant to represent a net how you only have one.

This won’t replace t0 trap since it can’t stay on the ground, and you can’t spam this.

Summoning Circle

Sprite by @Curlip
I summon thee! Come forth!

####Stats:

• Mana: 110
  • Radius: 4
  • Effect: Curse
    Deals 100 damage over every second they are in the trap for a total of 5 seconds. At the end deals an extra 200 and inflicts curse for 5 seconds.
  • Lasting time: 10 seconds
  • Cooldown: 5 Seconds
  • Duration of activation: 5 Seconds
  • Stats:

####Drops From:

• Somewhere

####More info
The curse time and the damage dealing time are the same so that you can continuously chain these to get damage in.

This is meant for you to try to get the enemy on the trap for as long as possible. You achieve that by possibly dragging them on it, or paralyzing them (needs another person, or electric pet).

The curse at the end is kind of interesting. Since usually by the end this trap will have done quite a bit of damage along with the damage from your weapon.

The cooldown and low lasting time is so that you can’t stack this too hard making it easy to get damage off.

Trap of Carnivorous vines

Don’t underestimate the power of nature

####Stats:

• Damage: 360
  • Radius: 7
  • Effect: This trap can only effect a maximum of 4 enemies. If it is activated and lets say only 2 people are effected then the trap will remain and wait for more enemies (until lasting time ends). The same enemy cannot be effected twice. If more than 4 people are within the range when activated, only the 4 people closest to the center will be affected.
    Slow for 4 Seconds
  • Lasting time: 20 Seconds
  • Fame Bonus:4%
  • Stats: + 2 Atk, + 2 Spd, + 2 Def

####Drops From:

• A god

####More info

Playing styles
Shield: This would allow you to create an actual shield that won’t be destroyed by just one enemy.

Self- hunter: Deploy this in a spot that has a lot of scattered enemies, so you just put this in the middle of wait for them to wander on top of it. Although this only really utilizes the damaging but not the slow

Stop-screwing-up-my-trap-mode: don’t you hate when you miss the gigantic clump and you get that stupid little minion. Well with this your trap will stay.

The high radius is so that its easier for enemies to wander into its range. And its not like it can affect all the enemies in its range because of its properties.

Lasting time Is the same so that it will reduce lag (especially with the high radius) and so that it wont stay there forever.

I plan to continuously release more item ideas in the near future, still got a lot XD

Thanks to the people in the idea discord for helping me improve some of my sprites =). Some common helpers include, @Dappertron , @Piggby, @Atrapper, @TurtlBat (not sure if thats actually him), @Brunear, @LordDscale, @Lilstass , @DamianJob , and rip i cant mention more names

Favourite?

• Ancient Helmet
  • Robe of inner corruption
  • Berserker’s Helmet
  • Scepter of soul reaping
  • Bow of Tranquility
  • Helmet of the Fallen Samurais
  • Trap of Hawken Spirit
  • Scepter of the Astute Tactician
  • Wand of Wicked Sorrow
  • Trap of bubbly fun!
  • Dagger of Western Flight
  • Venomous Dart
  • Slime Staff
  • Slime Spell
  • Gladiator’s Net
  • Summoning Circle
  • Trap of Carnivorous Vines

0 voters

Oh! Ideas! I have a great one! Well, a few!
36 Idea Concepts by Scorchmist

Although some of these ideas are unbalanced, it’s incredibly difficult to balance things like these when they’re difficult to visualize. Personally, I really like the scepters, which follow the game’s balance of simplicity and creativity. I also really liked the Summoning Circle and Trap of Bubbly Fun! as they both follow this formula.

Overall, I like these ideas. Some of them seem a bit unreasonable due to them having radical effects (Ancient Helmet, for example), but I’d say that these ideas are incredibly creative and interesting. 6/10.

I shall say what you say in every dungeon idea thread I’ve seen you in.
" I’ll bookmark this but idk if I’ll ever get around to reading it all! "

But for real, those sprites look dope. I’ll read through the ideas once I’m off work :smiley:

Holy shit I lost it at the scepter damage. Just use this: http://latex.codecogs.com/eqneditor/editor.php?mode=NEW
Pretty good ideas overall, nice job.

oh crap, i forgot to copy my equation img

but yeah lol, my lovely sharex editing[quote=“MessltUp, post:3, topic:11562”]
But for real, those sprites look dope.
[/quote]

Thanks, first time actually doing the sprites for my ideas, usually just kidnap curlip or piggby[quote=“Atrapper, post:2, topic:11562”]
Personally, I really like the scepters,
[/quote]

yeah they are one of my favourites. The two traps were one of the quickest made ideas. [quote=“Atrapper, post:2, topic:11562”]
Some of them seem a bit unreasonable due to them having radical effects
[/quote]

was it that bad?

The description for how the trap works isn’t really clear. Maybe I’m retarded, but I can’t tell what’s going on. Any help?

um which one, i have 4

Hawken Spirit.

smh, you forgot to add the stats and description of this one Scorch :<
https://www.realmeye.com/forum/uploads/default/original/3X/5/7/570c8cc0bbe24521d57a1e2a5b709e53fa33353f.png

woops thats not suppose to be there, i ran out of room so i deleted that and a few others

rip i actually have 5 traps i guess
so it works in a similar way to shurikens. If you are off-centered, and when you hold space your screen turns into this
fml when copying from word, all the imgs dont copy.

then when you let go it goes back to normal and it throws the trap which para for 1.5 sec and slow for 3sec

Not bad, just very difficult to implement.

Some nice sprites, at least the onces I haven’t seen. Shame I don’t have time to read them all now.

(The outline on my trap Sprite makes it look out of place :frowning:)

I laughed so hard when I saw the microsoft paint editing on the scepter damage :joy:

I especially like the ideas of:

• having a buff radius like a trap where only players withing the circle get a buff

• the idea that there is a cursor lock as the downside to DPS - like you can only shoot forwards and aim with the rotate keys

wait which one is that? the tranqulity bow? i think you read it wrong. [quote=“Stuartcat, post:14, topic:11562”]
I laughed so hard when I saw the microsoft paint editing on the scepter damage :joy:
[/quote]

too lazy to change it… also sharex editing changes your writing slightly

I’m surprised you use that, any particular reason? Just curious.

well b/c i just took a picture from the wiki and it was easier to just do it there.

I love the trap of the Hawken Spirit! That’s an incredible idea.

On a slightly unrelated and unintentionally savage note, I have never seen a curlip sprite in my life that I like (not to throw shade or anything, I just don’t see the charm :3)

haha thanks! hawken spirit was originally one of my earliest sprites but in forms of armor/rings, then turned into quiver, but felt it best for trap.

Ancient Helmet
the meager stat boosts are hardly impressive enough to consider taking the time to swap out a normal helm for them, especially considering the short duration. and even if you did boost those particular stats the the point where they make a difference, it’d just be a mini-jugg for those who can’t get one. it’s just kind of plain and boring.

Robe of Inner Corruption
the 15 def makes this yet another tanky alternative robe like Shendyt and Soulless, and the weapon range increase is really kind of pointless because they’re already so long-range that start going off the screen without that boost. another plain item with a nearly useless effect.

Berserker’s Helmet
so you just go slightly faster than normal for shorter duration than normal but also have to put up with no brakes? oh there’s an extra 200 damage in there. the super speed is really only useful for running across the realm, so basically an extra candy ring. the damage could be kind of useful, but less so due to the out of control running around. this one’s not exactly bland, but not entirely practical either.

Scepter of Soul Reaping
this is only useful when it kills an enemy, and that’s only likely to happen in a situation where you’re fighting many very weak enemies. if that’s the situation, then a normal scepter can kill them just as easily by spamming their high damage blasts for much less mp than this one. I can’t see myself using it.

Bow of Tranquility
sprite looks like a book-end. the “lock-on” may be useful for hitting hard to hit targets, but you put it on the weapon type whose tiered weapon has the widest attack zone and is the easiest to aim of all. as a result, I’d rather just use a covert and get the consistent hits combined with the possibility of landing multiple projectiles for higher damage. you said that you didn’t want it on a wand or staff, but those are probably the most practical weapons to have this effect on in the first place.

Helmet of the Fallen Samurai
sprite looks like a shield. the effect is gimmicky and new, but the actual buff is nearly useless and unneeded. the difference between this and a a normal helm is so very minor that it’s not worth grounding yourself to a tiny little zone. not practical.

Trap of the Hawken Spirit

the effect looks neat, but it’s on a bow class. bows don’t shoot that far, and actually throwing the trap ends that effect so it really doesn’t do very much at all. I’d be more concerned about the 0 visibility behind me than the extra visibility given to me in an area I have like no effect in.

Scepter of the Astute Tactician

under what?
seems like another gimmick that’s only really useful on super weak enemies, and in that case the spamibility of normal scepters works just fine.

I’ll respond to the “boring ones” later.