A Collection of Original, Underpowered Item Ideas

Hi all! This is POWER, and I had some ideas for extremely original, underpowered items. I know these are a bit incomplete, but mods pls don’t lock:

Thousand Shot Bow of the Doomed Coral Clover

Good thing this deadly repeater crossbow fashioned from living coral is lucky! It requires tremendous skill to wield.

• Shots: 8
  • Damage: 400-500 (450)
  • Rate of fire: 200%
  • Range: 7.8
  • Shots hit multiple targets.

Etherite Chicken Leg of Obsidian Bone

A chicken leg of doom made of ancient, razor-sharp volcanic class not known to the living.

• Damage: 116-215 (165)
  • Rate of fire: 150%
  • Range: 6
  • Pierces enemies

Sullen Doku No Void

An astronomically heavy katana imbued with the power of ancient dragons. In the hands of the right person, this is a truly deadly weapon.

• Shots: 3
  • Damage: 600-700 (650)
  • Rate of fire: 120%
  • Range: 5.2 (yes, I realized ray katana has more, but I’m too lazy to change it)

Esben’s Phylactery of Crystal Prejudice

Once the most powerful staff in existence used both for sacrifice and communion with the gods; perhaps all that remains of Esben, whoever he was. The phylactery speaks to me, knows me, protects me.

• Shots: 10
  • Damage: 80-100 (90)
  • Rate of fire: 110%
  • Range: 9

Indomptable Crystal Cutlass of Pixie Enchantment

A lightweight blade used only by the pirates who would make themselves kings. If an initiate completes the Path alive, it makes great sense that they would provide heroes with swords as fine as this.

• Shots: 4
  • Damage: 566-680 (608)
  • Rate of fire: 120% (yes, I realized Sword of Rainbow’s End has more, but I’m too lazy to change it)
  • Range: 4.5

Crystal Wand of Geb’s Conducting Bulwark

This wand is powerful at conducting magical energy into a sound almost like wind chimes. Despite their normal pacificity, the priests’ of Geb secrets to its construction has been long lost.

• Damage: 300-400 (350)
  • Rate of fire: 125%
  • Range: 9 (yes, I realized St. Abraham’s Wand has more, but I’m too lazy to change it)
  • Shots ignore armor.
  • Shots pass through obstacles.

And finally, the most underpowered item of all:

Thousand Shot Crystal Void of Extreme Prejudice

A sound almost like wind chimes emanates softly from this deadly repeater crossbow forged from dark matter. It remains uniquely deadly.

• Shots: 10
  • Damage: 600-700 (650)
  • Rate of Fire: 200%
  • Range: 9
  • Shots ignore armor.

Update

In an enlightening discussion with @Xaklor on how to buff these items so that they are viable, we came up with the idea that these items could inflict dazed to enemies when hit, as well as a new status effect called “dead.”

Dead
Inflicted by the above items.
Sets the affected enemy’s hit points to -1.

Rejoice: now these items are not terribly underpowered!

Hope you like it!

Best of the Best Nominations - December 2017
Seal of unbrakeable defence :smiley:

All of these item descriptions are glorious

Um…
How underpowered…?

They are pretty underpowered, but just look how original they are.

These things look familiar…

Nah, it’s probably just me.

Yeah, I know right?
Thousand shot crystal void of extreme prejudice? Dang, that name must have taken forever to come up with, it’s so unique!
And that sprite? That’s a week long effort of non-copied work right there!

Yeh I know. I just wish these items were buffed a bit so they could actually be viable.

Yeah, all need a stat increase, and probably should throw an armor piercing in there as well. :wink:

I tried that on some of them already. They’re still too underpowered, and I have no idea what to do.

Maybe an ability to go with it? :wink:

Prism of Dire Ghostly Sword Apparations :smiley:

I see there are no stat changes, so maybe give all of them +2 of each stat (yes, +2 hp and mp too)

How about if a big “YOU WIN” text appears on the screen everytime you use one of those weapons? Would that be enough of a buff?

These items are too weak. Consider buffing them.

Seriously though, some of these sprites actually look really good, specifically Esben’s Phylactery and Crystal Cutlass.
This is a great satirical post.

I rate it 7/10 underpowered items.

have you tried making them inflict daze?

I’m thinking of a new status effect, actually. This would be called “dead:” any enemy with this effect has its HP immediately set to -1.

In fact, I could make the items spawn minions like cube gods and each of the minions shoot Medusa bombs inflicting dead in a radius of 10 in a pattern like a leviathan.

Or, even better, the items’ code could inflict ‘dead’ on the game itself.

Quiver of Doom - New (Unique) Quiver Idea
Quiver of Doom - New (Unique) Quiver Idea

hmm, I don’t think that’s enough for me to use it. what if you did both “dead” and daze?

That would work: thanks so much! DECA has to see this and implement it.

Updated the idea with “dead.”

These are trash, who in would use such weak weapons? I’d suggest buffing them less they be shoved aside as vanities. :sunglasses:

probably my favorite of all the lore although all are amazing[quote=“PwrNewAcct, post:1, topic:7176”]
In an enlightening discussion with @Xaklor on how to buff these items so that they are viable, we came up with the idea that these items could inflict dazed to enemies when hit, as well as a new status effect called “dead.”
[/quote]

omfg xaklor if gonna get triggered

try sitting on me now ice sphere