Buy back characters currently unfinished because im new :/ (Give it a chance(It is gold and fame))!

The idea of being able to buy back a character that you lost before is okay but the price would need to be fair and be accurate with adding say, 20 gold per potion and 5 gold per level…

This will make rebuilding characters easier.

Pros:
Increased trading and potion/loot income.
Players will be more active with having a constant train of living characters.
Players will not need to buy items in nexus because you can revive characters with lost items.
Cons:
This could cost players more money and whoever had money, never died.
The character slots will be mostly useless if you only use one class.
Players will die more when they won’t have to worry about losing characters anymore.
Other points:
This could help players reach white star or get that extra gear on to survive. This could also make it too easy to do these things.
This could shorten the game experience.

This is a layout of the possible ITEM costs with GOLD:

This is a layout of the possible ITEM cost with FAME:

This is a layout of the possible POTION cost with GOLD:

This is a layout of the possible POTION cost with FAME:

This is a layout of the possible FAME ON CHARACTER cost with GOLD:

This is a layout of the possible FAME ON CHARACTER cost with FAME:

Something To Do With Fame
(deleted post)
Could deca revive and make money?
Ideas For Fame

I don’t support. You also forgot to link a few images. This basically means anyone who wants to pay to win, it’s literally not a perma-death game.

It’s perma-death, not perma-death unless you spend money to buy it back. And the gold prices are too low anyways, way too low.

I also see you included some fame options, but just no man.

Game is permadeath. this is not permadeath. therefore this should not be.

Perhaps a little harsh, but bringing back dead players is out of the question.

I don’t think this is a good idea but for different reasons.

First of all, the cost is just WAY TOO HIGH
According to rpgstash, maxing an avg archer takes around 168 potions.
Adding on the cost of lv 20, this would mean 3,460 gold just to revive a 8/8. (not counting items)
counting items, it would reach 4,710.
For a 6/8 archer with old tops, it would be 3270

No one would do this, no matter how rich they were.

Secondly, reviving characters would only happens if

1. someone lost a valuable UT, which you didn’t include in your chart.
  2. someone accidentally died on their fame farming character.

So basically what this does is allow high-end players to get their valuable UTs back and continue fame farming.

The points you brought up in your post don’t really matter to be honest.

Lol yeah no the cost isn’t too high. Plenty of p2w’ers would spend 40 bucks to revive an 8/8. If someone died with a jugg on an 8/8, they’d spend fucking hundreds, people already spend thousands on divine pets.

It’s P2-defeat a important game mechanic and bullshit.

this game is set apart from thers because of it’s perma-death.
do not take that away from it.

pls make ur graveyard public i want to see what died to make you want to make this idea

I love this idea! Armed with my mom’s credit card, I’ll never die!

But actually yeah not a good idea because of the reasons literally everyone else has posted above.

Yes I support this, it is P4C (pay for convenience) not P2W (pay to win) because you are only going back to what you had 1 minute ago, minus $40 or whatever it is calculated at.

Call it death tax.

Then the gold whales can spend as much money as they like reviving their characters, supporting the game, and free players still never need to spend a single penny.

I would like to see a permanent penalty as well, such as perma -10 to your max HP/MP stats, and perma -1 to your other stats as well each time you resurrect, maybe knock down the base fame too, just because then a player cannot forever resurrect in this way as their char would get progressively more useless.

Uploaded images on RealmEye are sometimes broken
(deleted post)

@Nevov

I think we can all agree this pack needs to come back

It’s totally pay to win. It’s a perma-death game, it’s not simply ‘convenience’ to revive the character that died. It’s like the gold cost for the arena to continue the wave, it’s saying fuck you to people who aren’t willing to pay and giving them an unfair advantage by giving them more chances. I’m for letting people spend money on shit if they want to in this game, but with the exception of UTs, and anything that effects the char past perma-death. They can spend gold if they want but that, that would ruin the game.

there is no “pay for convenience”

Pay to win doesn’t mean that you win the game, it means that you get an advantage over other players by using money, which is unfair.

And reviving chars for gold is a stupid idea, it just takes away even more skill from the game, that wouldn’t be a good solution.

@Floflorian, Pay-for-convenience is all the items in the nexus shop. Things also completely available to a free player (if they go and look for them in the realms), but which a paying player can buy immediately for convenience. Vaults, which avoid a player having to mess about with mule accounts, are this as well. @Stuartcat, yes including the Golden Archer Buy An Inc Pack for 1400 gold. If I don’t want to pay I can just go and farm.

I agree Pay to Win is unfair. When you have a playing advantage over a non-paying player, this is wrong, eg. Pets, which I would like to see rebalanced/nerfed to take away the P2W aspect.

More info about pets

Top level pets in their current state fall into P2W category since the power conferred gives paying-players a large in-game advantage when they are standing next to a non-paying player, since they can tank longer, and survive when the free-player with fame pet would be dead.

I am 100% behind pay-for-convenience items. I would support pots being sold directly in the nexus! This is because Lazy Jonny Richpants at the moment will go to r0tmgp0ts.c0m and spend his money on that website, instead of directly supporting the game. This is bad for the game, and anything Deca (and Kabam and WS before) can do to get Jonny to spend his money directly in the game, is good.

“Pay-for-convenience” is not the term, you’re literally describing pay to win. You just said you want pets nerfed because they’re P2W and you’re supporting buying back dead characters? Are you screwing with us? Buying back characters is fucking an advantage over people who have to suffer the actual perma-death of the game.

How about we sell admin powers for 10,000,000 gold?

Would make more money and it would be just as broken.

@IceNazi
Consider this situation:
Me and you are going in to fight a godlands cube god.

• I died 2 minutes ago but have another 8/8 character ready to go.
  • I died 2 minutes ago and paid $40 to resurrect in the nexus and buy back my character.

You still have the same rival for the loot, it doesn’t matter how I got to that point, but we are equal in our chances.

Now consider this:
Me and you are going in to fight a godlands cube god.

• I have a level 100 HP pet which I bought with gold [I don’t, my pet is 85 atm].
  • You have a level 70 HP pet which you bought with fame.

This is unfair as my pet lets me tank more damage, and go in to get the loot bag in more safety than you can. You could never match my pet using fame alone. This is why having the top levels of pet only achievable by gold is P2W. When I am standing next to you playing the game, I am measurably higher stats than you, because of $. Which is wrong.

And your way of thinking is, to be honest, completely and utterly fucking skewed.

“- I died 2 minutes ago but have another 8/8 character ready to go.”

That means you spent time playing the game and actually maxing another 8/8, you have the UT’s you earned on that character, you put hard work into it.

“- I died 2 minutes ago and paid $40 to resurrect in the nexus and buy back my character.”

You died with the character with those UT’s you had and you just paid money to gain it back, and next time you die you’ll get it back again with money.

Yeah, the top is pets is essentially unreachable to max all 3 stats, but them being more capable of tanking boss hits doesn’t matter if they can just BUY BACK THEIR DEAD CHARACTERS. The game is made so that when people die, you lose those items, if you have a jugg helm on a warrior, its not fair that other warrior died and can revive his for his jugged 8/8 back when you have to deal with it.

The game wouldn’t survive on players only spending hard work and time playing though. It needs money spent.

I would never support anything that lets someone get back in the realm to loot something they are not entitled to do (because they died). Same with this resurrect idea in this thread. It’s not letting the player remain at the cube god with their soulbound damage, they are out of the picture in the nexus on a 0/8 level 1, or they are looking at a Paypal window. The cube god loot is yours alone because you were more skillful than the other player.

That is not what I’m talking about at all. There’s another few thousand cube gods to do, if you died with a UT on a character you shouldn’t be able to revive the character with those stats, those UT’s, nope.

Yes, it does need to make money, but you’re not suggesting ways for it to simply make money, you’re saying to sell out the entire game for money. I’m not gonna be surprised if you also want UT’s sold in nexus for gold, because you want the entire game to just be purchasable.

You are right, I can’t see the harm in UT for gold, no.

(A very very high amount of gold).

The situation currently, with ST items ONLY available for gold, is atrocious though.

… you don’t need to spend gold to get a good pet.

A 90/90 pet is quite easy to achieve with just fame (although you will have to play reasonably often).

And it’s plenty strong enough to do everything in the game. Although someone with a 100/100/100 pet will have an advantage over you, it’s really miniscule assuming you do the slightest amount of dodging. #DiminishingReturns