Oryx Horde (Aug 1st to Sep 4th)

Crossposted as part of the X.16.0 patch notes on Reddit:

MotMG 2017 Updated Calendar
Oryx Horde
Do We Need an Oryx 3?
MotMG 2017 Discussion Thread (the anointed MEGATHREAD)

I don’t think there’s anything much said about it yet, so if anyone finds some information about it, post it below and I’ll add it in with an edit (and credit). Also, some screenshots would be helpful too

Loot: Tokens, Mystery Pots, Tiered items, Loot Bag (Moss/Stone/Oryx) (Credit: @Mynamerr, @RMGnoob)

Enemies: Versions of Oryx, along with Oryx Castle Enemies (Credit: @Mynamerr)

Side Notes: It is a quest that spawns at the beginning of the realm (Credit: @Mynamerr)
Guide Here: Oryx Horde Guide

or here

Guide by @YoUncle

There are 4 enemies that you have to defeat. These are, in order, oryx statue, stone brute, stone guardians, and the spirit of oryx.

Stage 1: Statue of Oryx
This is the super easy fight. Upon finding Craig and his statue, just keep firing at the statue. The statue will, after a bit, activate and start firing waves and spirals of small, fast shooting bullets that do quite a bit of damage. However, these are easy to dodge, so this shouldn’t be too much of a hazard. This is the only attack. The statue will crumble after it has taken enough damage. You will know it is dead when you see it flash. Go in and claim your loot before the next boss is activated.

Stage 2: Stone Brute
This fight is harder than the statue but is still very manageable as long as you watch your positioning during the second phase. The brute will be spawned in 5 or so seconds after the statue falls, so you have very little time to collect your loot.
His first attack consists of him going invulnerable while spawning minions. These minions must be killed to turn off his invulnerability. He will be attacking with small dagger shots that are pretty low damage, so they shouldn’t be a problem during this phase.

After all the minions are killed and you have done enough damage, he will switch to his second phase. He will spawn minions in a circle around him that will close in on him. They will be constantly be shooting swordlike attacks on either side of them that do a lot of damage, plus the brute will be shooting high damage daggers as well, so you will have to get out of the minion circle before you get boxed in. To do this move backwards AS SOON AS he spawns in his minions. Then, follow his minions back to him and deal your damage. It is not necessary to kill his minions, so focus fire on the brute. Make sure you avoid getting trapped in the circle of minions, or you might see yourself losing health fast. After he takes enough damage here, he will transition back to his first stage. Rinse and repeat and you’re done with the brute. Claim your loot and move on the next battle.

Stage 3: Stone Guardians
Alright, we’re done with the easy part. Now comes the really hard parts. These next, and last, two stages are extremely dangerous, killing the most characters. This is because there is one attack on each stage that you MUST avoid or you WILL get popped. Always keep an eye out for your positioning on the battlefield, or it will turn into a graveyard.

5 or so seconds after the brute falls comes the stone guardians. The first phase of this battle is relatively easy. The guardians will spawn in and become vulnerable. Try and focus fire on one of them, instead of splitting up on both of them. This will speed up the first stage considerably. After a couple of seconds, one Stone guardian will start spinning, turning invulnerable, while the other will stand in the middle while still vulnerable. Each will fire radial shots similar to their behavior in oryx’s castle that do medium damage. Focus your fire on the vulnerable one while dodging the shots of the spinning one. If you don’t deal enough damage to kill the one in the middle, both will become vulnerable for a few seconds. KEEP FIRING AT RHE ONE IN THE MIDDLE. They will then go back to their original spinning phase. Once you kill the one in the middle, you will have a couple of seconds to collect your loot before the other one activates.

Now time for the extremely hard part. After a couple of seconds after the death of one of the guardians the other will blink, then move to the middle and begin the Triangle Sword phase. This is extremely dangerous because most of the shots in this phase are paralyze, which will cause you to have to tank a whole slew of shots before you are unparalyzed.

Remember what the guardian in oryx’s castle does when the other has been killed? It throws out a sword into the middle of the room that fires yellow paralyze shots. This phase is like that on steroids. The guardian will throw out three swords onto the floor that will begin firing lasers of yellow paralyze shots. YOU MUST AVOID THESE LASERS AT ALL COSTS. You WILL be popped if you think you can tank them. Fire on the swords on this phase, as the guardian will be invulnerable. After a couple of seconds, the swords will stop firing and go invulnerable. They will begin targeting with flames that burst into paralyze shots, then revert back into the laser phase. You will know you are being targeted by the fact that there will be a red targeting scope (referred to in my guild as “The Bubble”). If the bubble begins to follow you, back up out of the arena until it stops following you. This phase will end after a little bit, where you can continue shooting down the swords. Once all the swords are destroyed, the guardian will lose invulnerability and start firing waves of medium damage bullets. Focus fire on him while dodging these bullets and after a while will revert back into the sword phase. Keep going and the guardian will fall. Claim your loot and move on to the last stage.

Stage 4: Spirit of Oryx
This is everyone’s least favorite stage. This is the most chaotic and most dangerous phase. This is because of two things: one, for most of the fight, there are two dangerous bosses attacking at the same time, and two, the attack called Ground Smash. More on this attack later.

The Spirit will spawn in and say a few lines of dialogue, where he will be invulnerable. Afterwards, he will lose this invulnerability. Focus fire on him until his health is about ~50% where he will again turn invulnerable and spawn in an oryx statue. This is the MOST DANGEROUS phase out of the whole event. The statue will wander the arena, loosely following players, with the spirit loosely following the statue. The spirit will spawn bomblike objects close to players that will do a variety of rebuffs, including armor break, so make sure to avoid those. The statue, on the other hand, will be using the most dangerous attack in the event: Ground Smash. The statue will throw circular rocks at players that, upon contact with the ground, will spawn four lines of spikes starting from the middle and growing out in a plus-shaped formation. These spikes deal contact damage, but only last a couple of seconds. These spikes will also leave trails of green lava like substance that deals armor piercing damage while you touch it. Also, the point where the blast originates from throws out orange shields that do MASSIVE DAMAGE. If you happen to sit on one of these ground smashes, you WILL get popped. If the statue throws a rock in your direction, RUN AWAY. If you stand still, you will die. While you are running, however, keep in mind that the green lava from previous smashes will still be there, so you will have to avoid those too. The statue will also occasionally use a hook attack. The statue will throw out a hook, which does damage and paralyzes you. The statue will then pull himself to where the hook landed and plant a ground smash there. If you get hit by this hook, you will get hit by the smash and die.

During this phase, focus all of your fire onto the statue, as the spirit will still be invulnerable. When you kill the statue, the spirit will move to the middle of the arena and lose his invulnerability. The statue DOES NOT drop loot, so do not waste time trying to find it. The spirt will then send out waves of colored shields that do armor breaking, darkness, and daze according to their color. However, these shields do very little damage, so stand your ground and continue firing at him. Don’t waste your time trying to dodge the sticks, except the daze one, which will hinder your damage dealing capabilities. If you don’t do enough damage, the spirit will summon another statue and you’ll have to deal with more ground pounds.

If you do manage to beat the spirit, congrats! You just beat the horde. Take a moment to honor those who have passed away in battle and claim your loot.

There are some versions of oryx and castle enemies, the direction to it is shown and the enemies can drop tokens, mystery pots and tiered items. It spawns at the beginning of the realm (not 100% sure about this)

Add Stone Bag to the list of possible loots, I just got one on my Necro.

Be very careful around this event, shotguns can spawn right underneath your feet.

I can confirm that Tiered items drop there, at least from “Oryx Chambers” (I got a t10 bow).

Assassin seems really good, as a few poison give sb and you dont need to get deep

there is no wc counterpart there though

Someone explain what this is

Those earth bombs with the fire projectiles, can most likley insta pop you if you sit on them.

There is a quest marker, but no dot.
There are five enemies that drop loot, the intact statue which is harmless and is already there with craig, the brute of oryx which can spawn warriors of oryx and some other things, two stone guardians (with the stone sword) and oryx himself.

The loot if gotten so far is:
mystery pots
moss and stone tokens
moss bags
-t11 armors and weapons

The wiki page is in development, feel free to contribute there too, if you wish:
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/oryx-horde

Someone called an Oryx Token at one I was at, but I only saw that one caller so could have been trolling/had in inventory from Craig Fame box. So please don’t take that as anything other than speculation, for now.

Edit: multiples confirmed receipt of all types of tokens.

I’ll probably add to it (if nobody else does) once we have more information (about a week?)

:+1:
It’s much easier to assemble the info here on the forums via collaborative effort, then transfer it onto wiki when info is confirmed/known.

As far as I know it does drop Oryx Token and Stone Bags. Source: I got both from Oryx Hordes.

Does anyone know if the stone guardians have a chance of dropping A.S.S as they would in oryx’s castle?

So far of the new things, I’ve also looted moss token(s), and moss bag, and stone token(s) and stone bag from the various bits. Moss bag was from 1st phase, Stone bag was final phase. (If that makes any difference, not sure yet if all phases can drop all items).

Rest in fiery pieces my Archer

Ill cofirm the Oryx token, Ive got one from the spooky ghost oryx

I think you should make the entrails a little more specific.

So… you can actually get the Bags from it? :open_mouth:

Yes